PDA

View Full Version : Disturbing Radio-like Signal in the Kingdom??

Darkness_Squall
05-28-2008, 01:12 AM
Hello. I've discovered something, and I can't find any mention of it on these forums or the internet. It may be an Easter Egg, a glitch, or some kind of clue...it was a sound that chilled me to the bone.

I was wandering the Kingdom after completing the game, and discovered a King Richard flag on top of a small house. Business as usual. I approached the building and thought I was hearing things: it was like a buzzing of noise, but not like noise from a crowd. As I moved next to the building/jumped onto the roof, the noise grew louder. I'm not sure what to make of it...it sounded like the Animus was intercepting Templar signals - or some kind of signals - from the outside, and sending them to Desmond...I couldn't make out what the voices were saying. I think I heard "Alta´r". This didn't sound like a mistake, it sounded like the programmers put it in themselves.

I was pretty freaked out by this, and thought perhaps I was going crazy. I ran away from the house, and the noise stopped. I approached it again, and the noise returned. After repeating this process several times, I came to the computer to search for information about it, but couldn't find anything.

Now I come to you all. Perhaps this is a well-known easter egg and I'm wasting your time typing all this. Perhaps it's a glitch specific only to my game. Or perhaps it's something greater. I think it would be worth looking into - worth someone else heading to this cursed signal-house and seeing if they hear something too.

Since the house had a flag on top of it, it could be found using a map of flag locations:

http://www.freewebs.com/darknessrune/weirdassassincreedradiosignals.PNG

The circle I drew a green box around is the one. The house is part of a small cluster of structures on land that's relatively elevated; a downward slope leads toward the main kingdom village. The structure that's emitting the radio signals is the only one in the area with a fence around the back; there should be a horse there, as well as some hay.

The quickest, easiest, and most direct route is to approach the signal-house by emerging from the south path on the map. You ride in a pretty straight and narrow path - to your right, there's a really nice view of the village far below - eventually, if you keep following the path, you'll find the signalhouse right before your eyes, along with some other buildings. That's how I saw the flag.

I wish I could give more descriptive directions to the transmission, but that's the best I can do. If someone hasn't collected the flag from there yet, it makes things easier, as the flag on the roof will lead you right to the odd noises. Maybe if someone's planning to start a new game..? I don't know.

If anyone could ride out to this building and see if they experience the same noises, or if they hear nothing but the wind, it would be much appreciated. Thanks.

[edit] Sorry, should've mentioned I was on the PS3 version. Right, after reading your responses (and restarting my console, the system locked up because I left it paused all night) I went back to check the other huts in the area for the noises. Yeah, I heard it there too.

I suppose the logical explanation would be that its simply the noises made by the dwelling's occupants. However, it doesn't sound like the normal voices of a crowd - if it did, I wouldn't have thought anything of it in the first place. It sounds mechanical, scrambled, backward...well, I guess, just ride out there for yourselves and see if the sound seems out of place to anyone else.

Phreaky_McGeek
05-28-2008, 03:17 AM
I'll see if I get this in the Xbox version right away.

HannahIsMyName
05-28-2008, 03:27 AM
wow, creepy i will look into that.
maybe its a ghost?
just an idea.
maybe your game is haunted http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/shady.gif

ScytheOfGrim
05-28-2008, 03:30 AM
Maybe you're crazy?

Hey, we have to eliminate all the possibilities. >_>
Is it possible for you to record it (video preferred over audio)?

Phreaky_McGeek
05-28-2008, 03:50 AM
Whoa, you're right!

I find if you stand on the peak nearest north it's most audible. I definitely heard "Altair" and it kinda sounded like chanting, although there were only 2 or 3 locals in sight.

ScytheOfGrim
05-28-2008, 03:58 AM
... does it sound like a language?
Somebody needs to upload something... @_@

Phreaky_McGeek
05-28-2008, 04:01 AM
Wait. It gets stranger.

Stab a local in the back, go into Eagle Vision and look into their eyes.

EDIT: this only works for males, for some reason

another EDIT: scrap that, I think it only works for the first three people you slay.

HannahIsMyName
05-28-2008, 04:09 AM
what does it look like when you look in their eyes?

Archetype_Zero
05-28-2008, 04:18 AM
although i have a strange suspicion that Phreaky is just messing with us, i'm gonna go check it out. i've got nothing better to do :P

Desmond did hint that maybe what the Animus shows isn't exactly what happened (maybe Altair only sees what he wants to, or has a weird way of looking at the world) so maybe that's it.

by the way, what version of the game do you have? i have PS3 but i'm not sure if i have the flag yet. but i've got time to kill so i'll go check it out

altairego
05-28-2008, 04:34 AM
i have to check this cause i haven't heard anything wierd -- but then mine is a pc version...
which version are you playing, dark?

Archetype_Zero
05-28-2008, 04:54 AM
ok, i checked it out just now. here's what i have learned

1. it's not just that building. it's every building in the area. stand on the mounds on the buildings around that one and you'll hear it on those too.
2. the sound is just people inside the building talking. that's why it happens when you're near a building.
3. i'll admit, it sounds like, for a brief second, that someone is saying something like "Altair, no" and it almost sounds like someone is speaking backwards. but i think it's just supposed to be another language.
4. games often use a blurred sound to represent people talking but it's not actual words, it's just ambient noise. i think that's exactly what's going on here. it sounds like a crowded room, but it's just a few seconds of looped "background" noise

if i found the wrong thing or i totally missed something, please let me know. i made sure to go to the roof with the horse and hay by it, and i cross-referenced the map (used the indentation to the north on the map and the bottom line of the pathway on the left to act as a sort of makeshift grid) but it's the same sound at any building for me

Phreaky_McGeek
05-28-2008, 06:23 AM
That might be so BUT DEAD PEOPLE WERE BLINKING

caswallawn_2k7
05-28-2008, 06:27 AM
thats nothing had corpses twititching for ages aftert they are dead.

Lhorkan
05-28-2008, 07:42 AM
Zero's right. It's just people talking. Doesn't like radio signals in the least, actually.

Darkness_Squall
05-28-2008, 04:07 PM
Thanks for looking into that Phreaky. With your testimony, the phenomenon I experienced has been replicated (assuming that you're not messing with us like some people accused you of).

I should've mentioned that I was using the PS3 version, edited the topic with that now.

Zero, thanks for your time, yeah, you found the location alright. I checked the surrounding buildings like you said and heard the sound there too, hmm...I took a ride farther out though, and the buildings in other regions weren't making any noise. Your explanation for it seems the most reasonable and logical; I'm willing to accept the fact that it could just be standard house noises, but it still sounded weird and out of place enough that I think it's worth having some other people take a listen to. Maybe the "signal" was replaced or improved to sound like it's supposed to in some other versions of the game (hey, unlikely, but possible).

Actually Lhorkan, I think any reasonable person would say that the sound I heard seems at least a little abnormal. If you don't think it sounds like a signal in the least, perhaps you're hearing something different than I am. What version are you on?

drego5
05-28-2008, 05:57 PM
Yeah, I thought it was pretty clear from the beginning that those are just the sounds of the people inside the buildings talking. And I'm fairly certain they say Alta´r's name. I was figuring it was some of the producers who recorded the background noise for the buildings.

Wanna hear something else cool? Go stand next to (or on top of) the church by the main gate of Jerusalem. You hear the Lord's Prayer (with the exception of the first line) repeated endlessly. BOY are those people devoted. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

Selur_Riatla
05-28-2008, 07:29 PM
It's every builing in the game, as far as I'm aware of.
In the cities, if I just stand on a rooftop I'll hear 'Altair.' Though I never heard the "buzzing" or radio-like noise, probably because the citizens "talking" drowned it out.
I was like "Huh, I wonder how they know his name...oh well! *jumps to next rooftop*"

red_girl
05-30-2008, 11:56 AM
at first i thought that u can hear those sounds whereever there's a king richard flag. but no. it has nothing to do with that. but i don't remember hearing them when i first played the game.. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/blink.gif

Originally posted by drego5:
Wanna hear something else cool? Go stand next to (or on top of) the church by the main gate of Jerusalem. You hear the Lord's Prayer (with the exception of the first line) repeated endlessly. BOY are those people devoted. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

yeah, that's cool! but i think u can hear that when u're stayin' next to any church.. or not?..

i once heard some scolars sayin' Lord's Prayer.. in Latine.. pretty cool!.. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif