PDA

View Full Version : will any of the il2 series be brought to ps3???



Wiedem5
08-21-2007, 11:13 AM
i was just wondering if there was any plans to bring the series to the ps3? it would be a great idea!!!!!!!!!!

PB0_shadow
08-21-2007, 11:38 AM
No

Airmail109
08-21-2007, 11:43 AM
Well the hackers probably could, seeing as it can run linux OS

Skarphol
08-21-2007, 02:05 PM
I have no PS3, my son has a PS2.
I guess that the user-interface for the PS3 is fairly similar to that of the PS2, and that makes a flightsim of this complexity totally useless on such a console. There must be around 15 different key-assignments I use frequently, and another 15 I use occationally, in addition to my 10-button joystick, plus the TrackIR.

Can't see that be solved with the PS2 anyway..

Skarphol

Airmail109
08-21-2007, 02:13 PM
Originally posted by Skarphol:
I have no PS3, my son has a PS2.
I guess that the user-interface for the PS3 is fairly similar to that of the PS2, and that makes a flightsim of this complexity totally useless on such a console. There must be around 15 different key-assignments I use frequently, and another 15 I use occationally, in addition to my 10-button joystick, plus the TrackIR.

Can't see that be solved with the PS2 anyway..

Skarphol

ps3 can use a keyboard and mouse

VMF-214_HaVoK
08-21-2007, 02:14 PM
http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/88.gif

SeaFireLIV
08-21-2007, 02:15 PM
I could laugh here, but won`t because you probabaly don`t understand.

It`s Impossible.

My kid has a PS2 and a PS3 is really not so different.

Ok, it`s not impossible, but highly improbable.

The complexity (as said) would crucify a PS3 unless IL2 was heavily changed to suit a PS3. If it was, what you`d get would NOT be IL2, but some strange machination of an arcade flying shooter game. Do they have joysticks yet for consoles? No? It simply wouldn`t even begin to represent reality except in graphics - which is not enough.

It`s just not happening and once again we see how the `next-gen` consoles simply are nothing to the ever-adaptable PC. I know i`m boasting, but it`s true!

Airmail109
08-21-2007, 02:17 PM
Originally posted by SeaFireLIV:
I could laugh here, but won`t because you probabaly don`t understand.

It`s Impossible.

My kid has a PS2 and a PS3 is really not so different.

Ok, it`s not impossible, but highly improbable.

The complexity (as said) would crucify a PS3 unless IL2 was heavily changed to suit a PS3. If it was, what you`d get would NOT be IL2, but some strange machination of an arcade flying shooter game. Do they have joysticks yet for consoles? No? It simply wouldn`t even begin to represent reality except in graphics - which is not enough.

It`s just not happening and once again we see how the `next-gen` consoles simply are nothing to the ever-adaptable PC. I know i`m boasting, but it`s true!

There have been plenty of hackers who hacked the original xboxs, installed windows and then played shooters with a keyboard and mouse.
If theres a joystick that can be used in linux, then it can be used on the ps3. Simple as that.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Linux_for_PlayStation_3

It isnt that hard if you know what your doing.

Only problem I can see would be getting the game to run on cell architecture instead of x86.

SeaFireLIV
08-21-2007, 02:30 PM
The point is aimail, who`s going to go to [i]that kind of trouble. Most people like Wiedem5 aren`t interested in doing that so as to play IL2, they want the Developers to make it happen for them.

Some people wanna go to the moon, but they don`t wanna have to build a rocket to get there. They just want it all done for them.

So, as I said, realistically, it`s highly improbable.

HuninMunin
08-21-2007, 03:51 PM
http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/cfrm/f/3181085773

Heres what youre looking for

paddy06
08-21-2007, 04:58 PM
Originally posted by Wiedem5:
i was just wondering if there was any plans to bring the series to the ps3? it would be a great idea!!!!!!!!!!

Heretic...... http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/mockface.gif

FritzGryphon
08-21-2007, 05:56 PM
IL-2 can be played on PS3 like an F1 car can be driven on a go-cart track, or like Doom can be played on a calculator.

PB0_shadow
08-22-2007, 01:48 AM
Originally posted by SeaFireLIV:
Do they have joysticks yet for consoles? No? It

Yes

http://www.xbox-gamer.net/screenaff_37149_1599_Ace-Comb...s-of-Liberation.html (http://www.xbox-gamer.net/screenaff_37149_1599_Ace-Combat-6---Flies-of-Liberation.html)

http://www.xbox360fr.com/actualite-xbox360-Ace-Combat-6...-gaz-a---_12693.html (http://www.xbox360fr.com/actualite-xbox360-Ace-Combat-6-met-les-gaz-a---_12693.html)

looks even like a saitek to me

but IL2 won't go to consoles

joeap
08-22-2007, 02:40 AM
According to "certain" people, Il-2 is arcade anyway. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-tongue.gif


(Wasn't me http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/sadeyes.gif )

zardozid
08-22-2007, 05:56 AM
It feels a little redundant to chime in here but...WHY would you want such a thing????


http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/354.gif http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/354.gif http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/354.gif

Divine-Wind
08-22-2007, 09:18 AM
Dear gawd no. If Oleg ports IL-2 to the PS3 Flightsimming as we know it will be flushed down the toilet like a tick wrapped up in a piece of toilet paper.

Airmail109
08-22-2007, 09:59 AM
I tell you what, at uni next year Ill get some mates to port il2 onto the ps3.

Ill then post the proofs on here http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/mockface.gif http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/784.gif

Choctaw111
08-22-2007, 10:53 AM
Sims are for PCs. Video games are for consoles. I do not know how large the market would be for an actual sim on a console. Keyboard and mouse aside, I do not see many people who play console games willing to put the in the time involved (with the learning curve there is with Il2) to really understand it. All you have to know with WW2 type dogfighting games right now is how to control you plane (up, down, left, right, and maybe even rudder, the gun trigger, accelerate and decelerate). I do not know of any WW2 aircraft games for consoles that really go more in depth than this. Try porting Il2 to a PS3 and the system requirements are a keyboard and mouse. How many people would be willing to spring that kind of extra cash just to play one game? Then they think, "I have to learn how many keyboard commands to really play this game well?". To sum it all up I think it really is just too much for the average console player who just wants to go out and blow stuff up with virtually no learning curve.

Daiichidoku
08-22-2007, 10:57 AM
as long as it doesnt threaten publication of PC versions, why not have it on consoles?

would open a LOT of younger ppl eyes to WWII and other aviation, and thats a good thing

we all play on PC

if some kid plays his friends on PS3, who gives a ratsazz? are they hurting youy somehow?

maybe...just maybe, they will get a PC, or the game for PC...or any future FCS titles on PC



sometimes i think i have a really narrow mind

tx gawd for UBI!

TgD Thunderbolt56
08-22-2007, 11:02 AM
up-up-down-down-over-over-back-over-down...just for flaps?!

No thanks.

csThor
08-22-2007, 11:08 AM
What SimHQ said on the matter of consoles ...

"... Amazed by the high resolution displayed by such a small machine? We were amazed by the quick scan of most of the titles, revealing they were the same cr@p we'd seen since the consoles first vaulted themselves to the forefront of gaming. Only now, it's high-resolution cr@p. ..."

http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/shady.gif