PDA

View Full Version : P-47: Normal BnZ tactics?

chunkydora
06-19-2008, 01:42 AM
I know BnZ tactics, been trying them out in fw-190. Should the tub be used the same way? Or are there some attributes peculiar to it I should know?

Thank ye all who answer me annoying weird inquiries

chunkydora
06-19-2008, 01:42 AM
I know BnZ tactics, been trying them out in fw-190. Should the tub be used the same way? Or are there some attributes peculiar to it I should know?

Thank ye all who answer me annoying weird inquiries

WOLFMondo
06-19-2008, 02:07 AM
Yes! Although with the P47 you can go faster and not break up and pull up at higher speeds with no chance of wing loss.

Freiwillige
06-19-2008, 01:21 PM
Also the "Jug" likes to fly high. Up high with that beefy super charger and big ol' prop nothing can touch her above 25k except jets maybe

AnaK774
06-19-2008, 01:49 PM
Jets and long winged TA, 2 be exact.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=34wz5L1XMJ0

chunkydora
06-19-2008, 05:29 PM
Maybe it's just me, but the tub doesn't seem to perform that well at high altitudes. Is it just one of those you gotta get the hang of it things? The J2M5 works better at those altitudes, it seems. I before always just used the tub to blow up things on the ground.

Then crash into it...

I know in the p-51 that you should never fight with more than 50% fuel. Maybe that's the problem?

WOLFMondo
06-20-2008, 02:46 AM
Its just you. The P47 is steller at high altitudes, it was made for and is at home at 25K+. Just climb, trim up for 80% power, close the rads and cruise around at high speed with relative impunity.

I don't belive the P47 has a CoG problem with a high fuel load like the P51 but the more fuel it has will make it flounder like a stuffed pig at lower speeds. That said flying with 50-75% has never caused me any problems.

Monterey13
06-20-2008, 06:36 AM
tub?

Jug
jug
jug
jug
jug

I love the "jug". I hate flying the razorback.

TinyTim
06-20-2008, 06:44 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by chunkydora:
Maybe it's just me, but the tub doesn't seem to perform that well at high altitudes. Is it just one of those you gotta get the hang of it things? The J2M5 works better at those altitudes, it seems. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

P-47 is excellent at high altitudes, but J2M5 is even better! In fact for me J2M5 is the best high alt fighter (apart from exotics) in IL2 1946, followed by a P-47 and Ta-152.

Cajun76
06-20-2008, 08:00 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by WOLFMondo:
Yes! Although with the P47 you can go faster and not break up and pull up at higher speeds with no chance of wing loss. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It's possible to rip the wings off with high G in the P-47. I have the smoking crater(s) to prove it. Ya gotta work for it, and if your making abrupt maneuvers, your wasting speed.

For bubbletops, 50% fuel is generally all your need. More than an hour of hard flying with that. The razorbacks should have 270 gallons which is 100 gallons less internally than the bubbletops, so for the same range you'd need about 75%.

JtD
06-20-2008, 08:44 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by TinyTim:
P-47 is excellent at high altitudes, but J2M5 is even better! In fact for me J2M5 is the best high alt fighter (apart from exotics) in IL2 1946, followed by a P-47 and Ta-152. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

With just a handful of J2M5 built it is pretty much exotic.

JtD
06-20-2008, 08:45 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Cajun76:

The razorbacks should have 270 gallons which is 100 gallons less internally than the bubbletops, so for the same range you'd need about 75%. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Should have, but they don't, so 50% is more than enough for them as well.

TinyTim
06-20-2008, 09:24 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by JtD:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by TinyTim:
P-47 is excellent at high altitudes, but J2M5 is even better! In fact for me J2M5 is the best high alt fighter (apart from exotics) in IL2 1946, followed by a P-47 and Ta-152. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

With just a handful of J2M5 built it is pretty much exotic. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Agreed, it is... as exotics I ment planes that are included in this sim and never actually even flew or flew after the war.

chunkydora
06-21-2008, 06:24 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Monterey13:
tub?

Jug
jug
jug
jug
jug

I love the "jug". I hate flying the razorback. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Tub, jug...

They both sound fat.

LIKE YOUR MOTHER!
Sorry, I just couldn't resist imitating the 14 yr olds in that situation. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif