PDA

View Full Version : B17 and B24

DoctorBjo
07-29-2005, 02:15 AM
Are they not flyable ? Wanted to fly some four engine aircraft...

Thanks,
Bjoern

Vacillator
07-29-2005, 02:45 AM
No, unfortunately not. We do have the Soviet TB3, fun but obsolete so only of limited use. I'd also like a flyable B17 (and Lancaster but not much hope there). B24 and even B29 would be nice as well...
Perhaps in BoB we might get some of the European 4-engined?

Spook57
07-29-2005, 04:48 AM
They're not flyable in the true sense, i.e. no cockpit or cockpit fiew, but they are 'flyable' using external views. The heavies are great fun to use online, as they are bristling with guns, and are a magnet for fighters and their bombloads make a mess of parked aircraft etc.

~S~
Spook

DoctorBjo
07-29-2005, 05:06 AM
Thanks for your replies.

So how do I get to fly them then, even if only from external view ? Because when I try to put them into the map in the mission builder I can't tick the player box... (sorry am still quite a newbie to this game)

Spook57
07-29-2005, 07:57 AM
Ah, sorry. I don't know if you can select them to fly offline. Several multiplayer servers offer them as 'flyable', where they are just selected as one would select any other aircraft, but I don't fly offline very often and have not tried selecting them. Answers on a postcard folks...

~S~
Spook

slo1234
07-30-2005, 12:55 AM
hey people i want those planes to the b-29 the b17 b24 and the big float planes to the pbn and the h8k1 i wish they would make a patch with em dont u guys? http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

stef51
07-31-2005, 11:11 AM
Originally posted by DoctorBjo:
Thanks for your replies.

So how do I get to fly them then, even if only from external view ? Because when I try to put them into the map in the mission builder I can't tick the player box... (sorry am still quite a newbie to this game)

Well you need to find a server with them first. Then before flying those planes, you need to choose a flyable plane first. Choose anything. Then when the game starts, you press escape and choose refly. Then you can choose those planes. Of course, with multi engines, you need to assign keys to each engine. The flight model is very simple and the damage model is not so bad depending of the plane. B-29s have ailerons control damage almost anytime you get hit so it's pretty cheap. But it has lots of power and the payload is amazing. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

I still prefer the PE-8 though....

Stephen

Tully__
07-31-2005, 11:51 AM
Flying "AI only" aircraft can only be done in a Dogfight mode multiplay server. It requires a manual edit to the mission file using a text editor after the rest of the mission building is complete. Attempting to open the mission file in the game mission builder after doing the edit results in the edit being automatically removed.

There's a thread in the Mission Builder forum that lists the plane designations as they appear in the mission file and a large number of threads that discuss the appropriate mission file edit.

DoctorBjo
08-01-2005, 02:41 AM
Ok, cool. Thanks everyone for your replies. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif