PDA

View Full Version : Assassin's Creed 3, next installment in the series or Assassin's creed 2 redux?

Wilbourn
06-04-2010, 11:39 AM
Hey guys, im new to the site and there is a question that ive been seeking an answer to. I love the Assassins creed series (also think the story line would make for an excellent movie considering the depth of the story line... that is IF hollywood doesnt screw up the games story, which they probably would) and have played both the first 2.

My main question is this; Is this the next FULL installment and full game in the series (making this Assassins creed 3) OR is this more of a redux of the game (someone similar to what was done with the Ninja Gaiden series I.E. Ninja Gained Black & Sigma)? I felt like the 2nd one left off a lot of answers (which is expected) and seeing how the 1st and 2nd game took place in separate times and with different character and this installment is still in Renaissance Italy and not a different setting, is one of the reasons I question as to whether this is going to the official next installment or more of a AC2 redux/ filler before another one comes out....

If this question has been asked before my post, I apologize. Its just that I've asked several people this question but no one is quite sure.

Wilbourn
06-04-2010, 11:39 AM
Hey guys, im new to the site and there is a question that ive been seeking an answer to. I love the Assassins creed series (also think the story line would make for an excellent movie considering the depth of the story line... that is IF hollywood doesnt screw up the games story, which they probably would) and have played both the first 2.

My main question is this; Is this the next FULL installment and full game in the series (making this Assassins creed 3) OR is this more of a redux of the game (someone similar to what was done with the Ninja Gaiden series I.E. Ninja Gained Black & Sigma)? I felt like the 2nd one left off a lot of answers (which is expected) and seeing how the 1st and 2nd game took place in separate times and with different character and this installment is still in Renaissance Italy and not a different setting, is one of the reasons I question as to whether this is going to the official next installment or more of a AC2 redux/ filler before another one comes out....

If this question has been asked before my post, I apologize. Its just that I've asked several people this question but no one is quite sure.

EmperorxZurg
06-04-2010, 04:53 PM
the next one right now, is brotherhood. It's a spin off of Ezio like Bloodlines was for Altair, but this is on consoles. It'll be fun and all but don't expect it to answer all you're questions yet. it's just a redux

TJByrum2
06-04-2010, 06:14 PM
I'm going to be one of those people who say the same thing as the poster above them, just for now reason.

---

Altair:
AC1
Bloodlines

Ezio:
AC2
Brotherhood

(Unknown Assassin):
AC3
(Unknown Title)

Fairus60
06-04-2010, 07:13 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by d1sturbedme_468:
the next one right now, is brotherhood. It's a spin off of Ezio like Bloodlines was for Altair, but this is on consoles. It'll be fun and all but don't expect it to answer all you're questions yet. it's just a redux </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
yeah, except, it seems brotherhood will rule, not as bloodlines, which really doesnt make justice to Altair and doesnt reveal a **** more about the AC universe

ThrownInLie
06-05-2010, 03:09 PM
Yea.

Brotherhood= awesome. (read the ps3 magazine article)

Btw, i can't wait for e3...although it seems like you have to preorder to play the ac2:b beta http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif

Don't get me wrong, I'll buy it once I have money~ around the time it comes out.

But I'm just a teen with no money...and I was hoping that if you bought ac2 they would put in the ac2:b beta http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif or just public

Sporkfighter
06-06-2010, 12:32 AM
Like the posts above mine say, AC: Brotherhood is a spine off of AC2 and it looks like there is going to be another project happening that will be a standalone AC3.

I was wondering if anyone thought having another game set in North Africa (Egypt and such), Spain, Englang, France, Russia, or China would be a good idea. Also it would be sweet to see a game where you can play through as a male ancestor in one story mode and then play as a female ancestor in another with the two being connected by those ancestors getting together in the end of the story and producing a child that would be the characters great great whatever.