PDA

View Full Version : Fighting in AC is WAY TO EASY!

FidgetyPink
12-31-2011, 07:08 AM
Great game, great story! BUT... fighting is frightengly easy. I haven't played one AC game that gave me a challange and that is really sad. If they countinue making the next games in the franchise this easy I'm going to lose interest in the franchise pretty fast.

Shouldn't fighting be the last option? They have all these great tools and abilities in the game for being a stealhy stalker lurking in the shadows but you don't have to use them because there is always an easier way of getting to your goal; run in as Rambo an face 25+ enemys face to face, a minute later and they are all dead and you have barely a scratch on you. Is this fun? Ok, atleast you have the option of doing a stealthy approach and it can be quite challanging but it just feels dumb deliberately making the game harder for yourself to find any kind of challange. I want the game to pretty much force me to use these cool stealthy abilities, not because some missions don't let you get seen but because making it out alive from a fight is DAMN HARD! The outcome of fighting 5+ enemys shouldn't be that obvious.

I have some suggestions of making the next game harder;

1. The time you have to counter an attack should be reduced.

2. A counterattack should only in some cases lead to an instant kill.

3. Mabye kill chains should be taken out of the game completely or at least make the enemys more aggrassive so you have to use a counterattack more often than just chosing a direction and pressing X (X360).

4. Maybe you shouldn't have the option of healing yourself in a fight or reduce the quantity of the amount of medicine you can carry... DRASTICLY reduce it!

5. Just make the enemys harder in any way possible, your smart Ubisoft, I'm sure you can figure something out. At least make a difficulty option.

Don't get me wrong here, I think fighting is really cool but it kills me that it is SO EASY! So what do you think? Do you agree or not?

j0kay
12-31-2011, 07:56 AM
I agree, it is to easy with killchaines or witout.

itsamea-mario
12-31-2011, 07:58 AM
Oh bugger off.

Its not much different than most other games.

Kogia
12-31-2011, 08:04 AM
Agreed (with OP), although the Jannissaries are moving in the right direction, they can't be one-shot countered and they defend themselves a little.

Healing is and always has been far too powerful and easy, especially as there is no penalty if you do somehow actually die.

I love these games for the story and the idea of stealth, but really wish enemies would feel at least a little bit of a threat.

D.I.D.
12-31-2011, 08:35 AM
Yes. I don't mind killstreaks too much, but they should be very timing-specific and hard to do - not just "point in vague direction and mash button". In fact, I'd like to see all strikes be more related to timing, and if you miss the timing then you miss the target (or you do minimal damage).

I think you ought to die much more easily, and find yourself looking at a group of armed guards from a rooftop and thinking "well, I'm not going down there then". As it is, you'd go and kill them without thinking, with no consequences. I should be afraid of them.

You're right - the argument that I could choose to hamper my character's godlike abilities by not using this weapon or that technique is a very poor one. It should be hard, and you ought to feel elated that you just got away with each dangerous thing you set out to do.

OnizukaSensei
12-31-2011, 09:11 AM
Originally posted by FidgetyPink:
Shouldn't fighting be the last option? They have all these great tools and abilities in the game for being a stealhy stalker lurking in the shadows but you don't have to use them because there is always an easier way of getting to your goal; run in as Rambo an face 25+ enemys face to face, a minute later and they are all dead and you have barely a scratch on you. Is this fun? Ok, atleast you have the option of doing a stealthy approach and it can be quite challanging but it just feels dumb deliberately making the game harder for yourself to find any kind of challange. I want the game to pretty much force me to use these cool stealthy abilities, not because some missions don't let you get seen but because making it out alive from a fight is DAMN HARD! The outcome of fighting 5+ enemys shouldn't be that obvious.

I have some suggestions of making the next game harder;

1. The time you have to counter an attack should be reduced.

2. A counterattack should only in some cases lead to an instant kill.

3. Mabye kill chains should be taken out of the game completely or at least make the enemys more aggrassive so you have to use a counterattack more often than just chosing a direction and pressing X (X360).

4. Maybe you shouldn't have the option of healing yourself in a fight or reduce the quantity of the amount of medicine you can carry... DRASTICLY reduce it!

5. Just make the enemys harder in any way possible, your smart Ubisoft, I'm sure you can figure something out. At least make a difficulty option.

Don't get me wrong here, I think fighting is really cool but it kills me that it is SO EASY! So what do you think? Do you agree or not?

Actually, that was the initial aim of AC1; combat was to be a last resort, although the devs thought the combat was "too bland" and tried to improve upon it by adding archetypes - which was an interesting notion, but I didn't exactly like the execution of it.

You can see that the first few iterations of AC (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=imo6wJuekog&feature=results_video&playnext=1&list=PL10851848A1F0E7F0) have a slower and more realistic(?) combat mechanic. In addition, even the crowd was supposed to be an obstacle to you, although they changed it to make it able to blend in with groups.

Noble6
12-31-2011, 10:05 AM
Couldn't agree more.What is the point in fleeing and being stealthy if killing group of guards is piece of cake. It's like playing game on easy and I can't change it. Healthsystem would also need changing and I would like if it was something like it was in AC1.

I have said it before and I say it again. Difficultysystem would be best compromise for everyone.

lukaszep
12-31-2011, 10:27 AM
If you want to make it harder for yourself, how about not doing any tutorials during the game and turn off the controls and tutorials in HUD.

SixKeys
12-31-2011, 10:41 AM
Originally posted by lukaszep:
If you want to make it harder for yourself, how about not doing any tutorials during the game and turn off the controls and tutorials in HUD.

How does turning off the HUD make combat any more difficult? It only affects navigation which is not the subject here.

Everyone keeps saying the Janissaries in ACR were a step in the right direction. Honestly I didn't find them any more challenging than normal enemies. Usually their defenses could still be broken with a kick and some button-mashing and after that they were easy. What we need are enemies that can counter YOU or kick you to the ground like the enemies in AC1.

ProdiGurl
12-31-2011, 10:59 AM
Combat is only easy if you got the hang of doing Killstreaks.
When I started AC as a noob, it was not easy whatsoever & the Youtube comments were mostly full of the same sentiments.

Some people pick it up pretty easily, others don't - & a few people were mentioning that they're a little older & can't do the harder stuff. But this is why there were people requesting choice of difficulty.

There are so many varied opinions people hold on this game, that Ubi can't possibly make everyone happy.

naran6142
12-31-2011, 10:59 AM
Originally posted by SixKeys:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by lukaszep:

How does turning off the HUD make combat any more difficult? It only affects navigation which is not the subject here.

Everyone keeps saying the Janissaries in ACR were a step in the right direction. Honestly I didn't find them any more challenging than normal enemies. Usually their defenses could still be broken with a kick and some button-mashing and after that they were easy. What we need are enemies that can counter YOU or kick you to the ground like the enemies in AC1. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

having guards that can us like in AC1 and AC2, is ok with me, but i dont the combat to be to hard to get used to.

no matter how hard ubi makes it, with enough time we'll get used to it and it will be easy

the combat is progressing nicely IMO, and there is other out of combat stuff that is too easy that needs to be made a bit harder, IMO

SixKeys
12-31-2011, 11:04 AM
Originally posted by ProdiGurl:
When I started AC as a noob, it was not easy whatsoever & the Youtube comments were mostly full of the same sentiments.

Some people pick it up pretty easily, others don't - & a few people were mentioning that they're a little older & can't do the harder stuff. But this is why there were people requesting choice of difficulty.

There are so many varied opinions people hold on this game, that Ubi can't possibly make everyone happy.

There were no kill streaks in AC1 or AC2. The only thing required there was knowing how to counter. Just stand there and wait for the enemy to attack, press a button to counter and you're done. The thing that made AC1 marginally more challenging was that you didn't have regenerating health and enemies could sometimes counter you back. Since AC1 there have been no enemies that can counter your counters which makes combat really boring. You can either button-mash everyone to death or just stand there and wait for the enemy to take a swing at you to counter him.

Jamison_J_B
12-31-2011, 11:18 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ProdiGurl:

There were no kill streaks in AC1 or AC2. The only thing required there was knowing how to counter. Just stand there and wait for the enemy to attack, press a button to counter and you're done. The thing that made AC1 marginally more challenging was that you didn't have regenerating health and enemies could sometimes counter you back. Since AC1 there have been no enemies that can counter your counters which makes combat really boring. You can either button-mash everyone to death or just stand there and wait for the enemy to take a swing at you to counter him. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

The templars would counter you, and some of the higher end soldiers would too. I've had fights in AC1 where you counter, they counter, then you have to pick that up real fast and dodge, then strike. The way I play is never to get hit once. Health did regenerate in AC1.

Noble6
12-31-2011, 11:27 AM
Originally posted by ProdiGurl:

That's exactly why Ac needs different diffuculties like easy-normal-hard or assassin-master assassin-mentor.

lukaszep
12-31-2011, 11:30 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by lukaszep:

Everyone keeps saying the Janissaries in ACR were a step in the right direction. Honestly I didn't find them any more challenging than normal enemies. Usually their defenses could still be broken with a kick and some button-mashing and after that they were easy. What we need are enemies that can counter YOU or kick you to the ground like the enemies in AC1. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I didn't mean the entire HUD, and didn't mention anything to do with navigation. The HUD includes 'Tutorials' and 'Controls' which tell you the controls for combat, (strafe, counter steal etc.) and 'Tutorials' give you prompts when fighting. If you have these off from the beginning of the game, you tend to forget about the more advanced fighting moves. If your used to the full on type of combat, then it wouldn't work.
It was just a suggestion.

GunnarGunderson
12-31-2011, 12:01 PM
I think ubisoft should stop kidding themselves and just completely copy the combat from the Batman Arkham games and put it in AC

thekarlone
12-31-2011, 12:11 PM
The combat is easy, but I like that. If the game becomes harder it will be frustrating.

LordWolv
12-31-2011, 12:35 PM
Originally posted by itsamea-mario:
Oh bugger off.

Its not much different than most other games.
Nice as ever.

SixKeys
12-31-2011, 01:52 PM
Originally posted by Jamison.j.b:
The way I play is never to get hit once. Health did regenerate in AC1.

True, health does regenerate in AC1, but it takes a long time. In the battle with Robert de Sable and his minions I tend to lose a lot of health and have to resort to running around and dodging for a while just to regain some health, but it takes a while. In the sequels you not only have medicine, but your last health square will always regenerate before the enemies can kill you. So even if you try to make things more challenging for yourself by swearing off all medicine, it's still nearly impossible to get killed in battle. That's not how it should be.

kriegerdesgottes
12-31-2011, 02:39 PM
I personally enjoy the combat in the games. Always have.

wanabgeek
12-31-2011, 03:51 PM
You have to remember, the game creators have to make every game, even if they are an installment to a previous game, designed for the absolute novice and I am sure a novice wouldn't find it easy. I have also found the combat in AC:R easier, but then again I have only played AC:B which at first I found the combat hard but have finally gotten it which made me think that the better you are at combat in AC games in general, the easier you will find it. I know my son would find it difficult as he has trouble in AC:B (in his defense, he is 12 and is rarely allowed on the game). Perhaps that is why they have added elements like Den attacks so that you HAVE to use other methods to try and keep your notoriety down. I have to admit I have been playing mostly MP as at first I was not a fan of SP but I am playing little bits here and there, I am now starting to like it. Lets see if I feel the same when I am further into it.

ProdiGurl
01-01-2012, 04:03 AM
Ya that's just it, you have to put alot of time into AC to get the hang of their combat. Once you learn that, it's not near as hard as when you were newer to the series.

But with that said, ACR's introduced those box riflemen... they almost killed me a few times when I was trying to take a tower - and other times when I was near a tower on other missions.
Janisarries aren't easy either.
Plus if you get enough of them after you, it makes it tougher.

I http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/heart.gif Killstreaks & the animation of it - if they make it a little bit more difficult, it would most likely please more people than it peeved off.
I'm still thinking choice of difficulty might be the solution.
Veteran AC fans shouldn't have to be limited to Noob combat levels to appease newer gamers and vice versa.

SixKeys
01-01-2012, 07:24 AM
Something I thought was weird about the box riflemen in ACR was how much health their shots would cost you, whereas if you were in combat with a Janissary or a regular rifleman, they could shoot at you several times and it wouldn't do much damage. I liked the box riflemen because it forced me to think about my approach, but why would their guns be more effective when regular gunmen at close range do less damage?

ProdiGurl
01-01-2012, 07:45 AM
Good question. There is no doubt that the box riflemen do a whole lot more damage. Maybe they have different guns?

Black_Widow9
01-01-2012, 02:45 PM
Hello and welcome to the Forums http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif
Please use the Find button to search for previously created Topics.
You can also post your Feedback here so your voice is heard.
AC Revelations: Singleplayer Game feedback. [Do Not Post Spoilers!] (http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/5251069024/m/3721023169)

Thanks http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

<span class="ev_code_RED">Topic Closed</span>