PDA

View Full Version : development update question?

Scharnhorst1943
08-30-2005, 02:47 PM
In the list of "planes" I saw b6n2, g55, nik1, avia b-534, but these were not listed under the "cockpits" list.

Does this mean the n1k1, b6n2 are going to be AI only?

I just want the strait truth, Just making sure i understand corectly.

thanks

Waldo.Pepper
08-30-2005, 03:34 PM
I believe you understand perfectly.

Furthermore, the list is tentative, as are all such lists no matter the source.

Don't believe anything is final until you have it in your hot little hand.

JunkoIfurita
08-30-2005, 05:28 PM
My hands are cold http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif

----

shinden1974
08-30-2005, 05:38 PM
The list is of what's finished and whats ready currently. That doesn't mean there won't be cockpits for some of the others, in fact it doesn't even guarentee that the cockpited planes will make the game. The N1K2-J wasn't in the cockpits list, but some of us know that SaQson is working on the cockpit...just one example.

Everything is dependent on what oleg wants to do. He has stated that he will fulfill the promises he made to developers, so those planes will have a priority. I have no idea which planes those are.

He has hinted that he may consider continuing support, But he may not. Depends on what he wants to do, so basically you'll pretty much have to wait and see.

Scharnhorst1943
08-30-2005, 10:51 PM
thanks for the clarifacation. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

IL2-chuter
08-31-2005, 12:02 AM
Originally posted by Waldo.Pepper:
I believe you understand perfectly.

Furthermore, the list is tentative, as are all such lists no matter the source.

Don't believe anything is final until you have it in your hot little hand.

Yes, it is interesting that the list is basically meaningless due to the qualifying statement that they "may or may not" be included. What is particularly odd is the N1K1-Ja that is already an AI only plane and, as noted previously, is not included in the cockpit list. Will we be getting a new modelled AI only N1K1? I find that unlikely.

Putting out aircraft lists that may or may not mean anything I find to be rather counter productive. It simply raises expectations and frustrates people. Me? I'm still waiting for the Ju88 that was on an update list long ago . . .

http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif

WTE_Tigger
08-31-2005, 12:28 AM
What I find most interesting is that we probly wont ever see carrier borne torpedo planes in pacific fighters... correct me if i am wrong of course, but with the focus shifted well and truelly to BoB it would seem highly unlikley that the TBF and Kate will ever grace PF?

I guess at this stage any new aircraft should be considered a bonus.

WTE Tigger

shinden1974
08-31-2005, 04:43 AM
Originally posted by WTE_Tigger:
What I find most interesting is that we probly wont ever see carrier borne torpedo planes in pacific fighters... correct me if i am wrong of course, but with the focus shifted well and truelly to BoB it would seem highly unlikley that the TBF and Kate will ever grace PF?

I guess at this stage any new aircraft should be considered a bonus.

WTE Tigger

might as well give you the standard answer when that question is asked:

You ALREADY have kate and TBF in-game...you mean flyable? (obviously)

probably not, nor ever. A miracle would have to happen to get the TBF in game...in the thread at Oleg's ready room, Oleg mentioned some aircraft were ready to go when N-G smashed everything. I'll bet that list included quite a few planes with tons of angst attached to them. Who knows what happened to the Kate, I have no idea.

there's a B6N in the list...the last hope for a carrier torpedo bomber...flyable of course.

shinden1974
08-31-2005, 04:54 AM
Originally posted by IL2-chuter:

Yes, it is interesting that the list is basically meaningless due to the qualifying statement that they "may or may not" be included. What is particularly odd is the N1K1-Ja that is already an AI only plane and, as noted previously, is not included in the cockpit list. Will we be getting a new modelled AI only N1K1? I find that unlikely.

Putting out aircraft lists that may or may not mean anything I find to be rather counter productive. It simply raises expectations and frustrates people. Me? I'm still waiting for the Ju88 that was on an update list long ago . . .

http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif

uh...the N1K1-Ja is not on the recent list at all. We've had questions about it becoming flyable answered already. It will probably never be finished...theres almost no reliable cockpit information to finish it at all.

The N1K2-Ja is on the list for aircraft. SaQson (or his team?) has completed the external and is working over the nearly finished cockpit in the last post I read from him...that was about a month ago.

I don't remember where I read it, but I think all the N1K series planes were meant to be included at some point...but oh well.