PDA

View Full Version : Newbie navigation question

gamul1
11-18-2009, 12:16 PM
Brand new to this game so I apologize to everyone up front for asking what is probably a dumb question.

My initial question is simply - how do I know where I am exactly in the game so I can ask for advice on this forum? Somehow - I think that if I post that I am "20 minutes into the game" that won't be helpful. :-)

What brought me here was trying to figure out hoe to get past what seems like a simple location. I really am not far into the game. The city appears to be burning. I was guided to climb a ladder to a roof where I then went left, hopping over a few more roofs and picking up orbs. I find my self at the edge of the roof with the arrow pointing down. No matter how I get off that roof I am then redirected to repeat the sequence. I have been through this sequence probably 20+ times. The poor guy is even out of breath! I've jumped on everything I can see, tried to jump as far as I can from every angle. Once I am down I have to repeat the process.

Anyway - the first question is probably more important in terms of asking for help here in a constructive way. The second issue I will keep trying but if anyone has an idea of where I am and remembers what it took to move on - that would be helpful.

jabojr64
12-02-2010, 09:57 AM
I got a tell you gamul1, I am brand new to this game and just posted a plea to help with basic game playing issues. I am totally lost.

The one thing that frustrates me is that the guide book contained in the software tells you what you need to do, just not how to do it.

Example, I tried for hours to recruit assassins to train. I read on of the other trails on this site and found out I couldn't until memory 4. There seem to be a great deal of assumptions made by Ubisoft.

You can follow my post, done yesterday, and maybe we can help each other out a little.

Good luck.

ninjadox101
12-02-2010, 10:37 AM
Try pressing start and seeing what your objectives want you to do. Also check your map to see if there is a destination marker.

jabojr64
12-02-2010, 10:56 AM
Will do, thank you.

D173120T
12-03-2010, 01:08 PM
Ok,lets see if i can help you both.To find out where you are in the story line,press start and look at the DNA file,that will tell you what memory and sequence you are currently in,also at what level sync percentage you did it.In the map you will find an icon that has an exclamation mark in it(!)That is a memory start.
As for the stuck bit in the mission you say is about 20 mins in,are you in ROME or still in Monterregioni?

jabojr64
12-04-2010, 02:46 AM
Thanks for taking the time to help, I am ever so slowly figuring it out, still stink at the game, but having more fun at it now.

D173120T
12-04-2010, 09:57 AM
jabojr64,just keep at it.At the start you are pretty puny in the death dealing dept.Go and check the Borgia Towers out and choose the easy ones first,as you clear the are in Borgia influence,open shops up.I will suggest that at the earliest oppertunity,get the crossbow.It makes clearing the Borgia Guards a lot easier.Also take advantage of looting ANY and ALL of the rooftop guys you kill.In the early stages you need to get a lot of money to refurbish Rome.Also,resist the temptation to sell items looted,they are needed later on to do shop quests.Also DONT,i repeat,DONT use the tunnels untill you are told to by Machiavelli.Also resist the temptation to use uplay points to download new bits n bobs,it may cause graphic issues.
Really just enjoy clearing the central area of Borgia towers,renovate shops etc,get the crossbow then you are far better set to be a lot more effective on Memories etc.Also for me i cant really be bothered to get 100% sync for memories,as long as i get them finished im happy.

jabojr64
12-05-2010, 10:15 PM
Amulins,

Thanks for taking the time to explain things, I am slowly working my way through things, I found a guy who posts how to's, not cheats, just how to use the controller. I bit older than the average player, younger people are much more coordinated than me, but I'm slowly getting it, and as far as the sync, yes, that's not high on the priority list.

Take it easy and thanks again.

D173120T
12-06-2010, 11:11 AM
No worries mate,i know exactly where youre coming from.I am no spring chicken either(i am 50)One thing to remember is that certain moves/actions are not available right off,such as the high leap and the backwards jump.One thing,i have arthritis in both hands and do find it difficult at times,but i just stick with it.Any other help dint hesitate.

(p.s.Would you be interested in joining my Assassins Guild?)