PDA

View Full Version : Re-release Assassin's Creed 1 after ACR with updated mechanics and graphics?

coreydebarbs
11-08-2011, 05:11 PM
I was thinking that if Ubisoft re-released AC1 with updates, mechanics, and graphics similar to the other games it would have a lot of sales with the fans who haven't played AC1 (because they came in around the AC2 or AC Brotherhood era) Mainly because those who go from 2 to 1 have a harder difficulty playing through it.

P.S. I'm come from the AC1 era. Just to put that out there.

dxsxhxcx
11-08-2011, 06:23 PM
someday, yes, after they release ACR, NO!! :P

SixKeys
11-08-2011, 07:43 PM
No. The idea behind AC1 was different than the one they adapted for the sequels. AC1 was like a Hashashin simulator. There was no day-and-night cycle because the Hashashins performed their assassinations in broad daylight. The side missions weren't just random races and things (apart from collecting the flags), they tied in closely with the story because it was the only way to collect information about your target. You didn't have a million weapons and armor at your disposal because engaging 20 guards at once was actually discouraged.

The AC series has evolved into something different than what was originally planned. Generally I dislike remakes of old games (and AC1 isn't even that old) exactly because they tend to add a lot of new unnecessary crap and take away what made the experience special. AC1 is all about atmosphere. None of the other games have quite managed to capture that same feel since. I think AC1 should be left as it is.

Sparty2020
11-08-2011, 09:30 PM
Yes and No. AC1 was its own game with its own mechanics. Though I wouldn't play it even if I had a gun to my head (SO BORING!) it still deserves to be recognized on its own merits just as Grand Theft Auto 3 should be recognized on its own merits and not updated/re-released with GTA 5 graphics and features.

By yes I meant that maybe a decade from now when we have the new "Big thing" they can update and rerelease it like with what they did with Prince of Persia. Gave that game 3D capabilities and HD graphics. Unfortunately they didn't fix any bugs.

LightRey
11-09-2011, 12:17 AM
No. I generally detest remakes and it would be a waste of time.

SleezeRocker
11-09-2011, 12:24 AM
Assassisn's Creed 1 is already great graphic wise.

Agentbarto
11-09-2011, 12:26 AM
Yes, but eventually, it's too soon right now.

Oatkeeper
11-09-2011, 12:31 AM
as others said, AC1 was developed with in entirely different mindset. AC1 was more focused on the experience it wanted to provided. AC2 and up let themselves go a bit more. I think both of AC1 and AC2 have their high points (brotherhood didn't quite live up IMO but was still great)and should stay the way they where made (only change I think they could add is the improvement to the air assassinate, which was possible in AC1 but really hard)

WarpSpeed10
11-09-2011, 12:35 AM
On the 10th anniversary of Assassin's Creed they will probably follow Halo and release Assassin's Creed Anniversary. They just better not be like halo and actually make the game better and more fun to play other than just making it look prettier.

LightRey
11-09-2011, 12:38 AM
Originally posted by WarpSpeed10:
On the 10th anniversary of Assassin's Creed they will probably follow Halo and release Assassin's Creed Anniversary. They just better not be like halo and actually make the game better and more fun to play other than just making it look prettier.
Why would they do that? It's not a common thing to do (if you exclude Nintendo games).

crash3
11-09-2011, 10:56 AM
YES! loved AC1, I love the Crusades period and I think if AC1 had re-vamped graphics, mechanics and maybe even some variation in the missions I would definitely be interested

I still think AC1 and AC2 are the best games in the series so far, A good combination of the two games in terms of storylin and gameplay (plus harder combat/stealth) put into a new version of AC1 would be brilliant

pacmanate
11-09-2011, 11:12 AM
Yeah, lets make them re-make AC1, so we get a **** next installment

Altiar510
07-10-2012, 06:16 AM
I was thinking that if Ubisoft re-released AC1 with updates, mechanics, and graphics similar to the other games it would have a lot of sales with the fans who haven't played AC1 (because they came in around the AC2 or AC Brotherhood era) Mainly because those who go from 2 to 1 have a harder difficulty playing through it.

P.S. I'm come from the AC1 era. Just to put that out there.

I agree. i played AC2 first and did not get a thing about it. I still havn't played AC1. If this goes through, then i would get an amazing opportunity to play the first of the Assassin's Creed series, and see how it all began

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-10-2012, 06:19 AM
No. AC1 has that special feel too it because it is so largely different. Keep it that way.

EzioAssassin51
07-10-2012, 01:59 PM
The only thing that should change is the ability to skip cutscenes :p

I think AC1 is perfect the way it is, it's a great game, but I always say if it had Brotherhood's Combat and faster climbing, it would be the perfect game. But I say that as in if it was like that in the first place. It should be tampered with in a future version IMO. It's too iconic a game, and like someone else said, it shows how much the series has evolved from the slow pace of AC1 to the fast pace of AC2 - R

LightRey
07-10-2012, 02:13 PM
Please don't revive old threads -__-

WolfTemplar94
07-10-2012, 03:02 PM
I think they should make another game set in the time period some day, maybe about Altair's rise?

Ragnarok0130
07-10-2012, 03:26 PM
Funny, I think that the graphics in AC1 are better than in ACR. I booted up two consoles, put AC1 in one, and the Altair sequence from ACR in the other and flipped back and forth between HDMI inputs and to me AC1 was superior in every way; ACR and sometimes brotherhood look cartoony to me while AC1 always looks pretty darn realistic. I would like updated combat and potentially an economy system in AC1 but the game is awesome as it is too.

As said above AC1's atmosphere was great, and something that later games didn't really capture, but the quality from AC1 can be attributed to the long development cycle compared to the shorter cycles of later games.