PDA

View Full Version : weapons for the next assassin(s)

DavisP92
04-25-2011, 02:01 PM
Does anybody have a certain weapon they wish the next assassin can use? I would love to be able to use a bow and arrow. But i mean that's just me, I feel that if Ubisoft goes co-op(2-3) and they should. It shouldn't be to Ezios running around instead it should be more like Project Legacy. Where one person might like using a gun and sword so they are better with them and another might like using a bow and hand-to-hand combat, and the third could be more of a poison and dagger fighter. Having differen't play styles should be implemented in the game and even having upgrades for the weapon the assassin uses.

crash3
04-25-2011, 02:22 PM
bows ad arrows would be cool to use in medieval england (famous for the longbow) or the middle east, egypt or persia probably

DavisP92
04-26-2011, 01:57 PM
Having a bow and arrow gameplay in Assassin's Creed could lead to great things. U could pin guards to walls, floors and even horses and kill people silently from a distance. other possibilities could be whips, nunchucks, and etc.

the_atm
04-26-2011, 02:02 PM
i do not believe nunchucks will make it into the serise due to the reason that they where mainly used by ninjas which where pesants who trained them selves to raise up from the oppression of Japan during their time. they hid in the shadows, not in plain sight, wore black, not white, and stood for honor. Assassins creed is about the battle between Assassins and Templar, so i'm not thinking that they would insert ninja's let alone nunchucks. that's just my opinion though

DavisP92
04-26-2011, 02:30 PM
Originally posted by livfreorletmedi:
i do not believe nunchucks will make it into the serise due to the reason that they where mainly used by ninjas which where pesants who trained them selves to raise up from the oppression of Japan during their time. they hid in the shadows, not in plain sight, wore black, not white, and stood for honor. Assassins creed is about the battle between Assassins and Templar, so i'm not thinking that they would insert ninja's let alone nunchucks. that's just my opinion though

I could care less for ninjas, however, they could have nunchucks and even ninjas in a future AC game. Assassins vs. Ninjas vs. Templars. so there is possibility and you can't really say it's unlikely. Also Assassins follow a code of honor too, so idk why u stated only ninjas have that.

reini03
04-26-2011, 03:59 PM
Don't talk about ninjas. That crazy guy here on the forums might come in and post his pictures and his ninja dlc thought and his [insert crayzy st0ff hearr] he also posted in about 10 other threads. So... stop talking about ninjas, seriously. I'm scared of that guy, lol.

Whutever. Bow&arrow sounds great, but a long bow might actually be... too long? The protagonist should be able to carry it on his back without looking strange (or stupid). Just my two cents

swiftkinfe
04-27-2011, 11:57 AM
I know for a absolute fact if we get 2 games with Altairs robes most likely AC3 or whatever next game comes we will get his robes.Now this has annoyed me since AC2 put in Altairs knife its getting ridiculos how you teased us with this in brotherhood Ubi.

reini03
04-27-2011, 12:27 PM
Originally posted by V-rex1986:
I know for a absolute fact if we get 2 games with Altairs robes most likely AC3 or whatever next game comes we will get his robes.Now this has annoyed me since AC2 put in Altairs knife its getting ridiculos how you teased us with this in brotherhood Ubi.

Huh? I don't get it.
"If we get games with Altairs robes we will get his robes"
Yeah, that's pretty clear to everone here.

Pavan_NL
04-27-2011, 12:44 PM
Originally posted by MagnifyHope:
Huh? I don't get it.
"If we get games with Altairs robes we will get his robes"
Yeah, that's pretty clear to everone here.

I think he meant that because we had Altair's robes as an outfit in the last 2 games(AC2 and ACB), it's probable that we get Altair's outfit in the next game.

Ureh
04-27-2011, 01:03 PM
Originally posted by V-rex1986:

Yeah, it would be a nice touch if they could also include Dagger of Altair. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_razz.gif http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

I wonder if there will be something that belonged to Ezio that we can use as well.

Samuel032593
04-27-2011, 01:05 PM
It isn't a bad idea to implement ninjas, however, I think they would really have to watch what they did. They would have to stay away from the stereotypes. For instance, ninja, opposite what most believe, did not usually wear black everywhere they went lol Ninjas had to blend in with society, and if they wore something that identified them with ninja, then they were pretty much doomed to having their heads lopped off. And they did not carry the straight blade katana as most believe, they did in fact, use whatever weapons they could get their hands on. Granted this usually was a form of katana, wether it be a wakasashi, a tanto, or an actual full length katana, but still, the straight blade katana is just a stereotype. And, of course, ninja, contrary to popular belief, could not simply disappear (This is a joke, obviously lol)

I would absolutely look forward to a game based in feudal Japan, but if they do, I hope and pray they just don't botch it. There haven't been any good games based in Japan that I have played, and samurai targets would be many and plentiful, considering the Samurais' involvement in the degradation of feudal Japan. Could be "tons" of fun if done right. If done wrong, it's just another beat 'em up ninja story that will fall into the depths of gaming history as just another stereotypical failure.

Sorry this is so long, haven't been on in forever and wanted to check things out http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

DavisP92
04-27-2011, 05:58 PM
Originally posted by MagnifyHope:
Don't talk about ninjas. That crazy guy here on the forums might come in and post his pictures and his ninja dlc thought and his [insert crayzy st0ff hearr] he also posted in about 10 other threads. So... stop talking about ninjas, seriously. I'm scared of that guy, lol.

Whutever. Bow&arrow sounds great, but a long bow might actually be... too long? The protagonist should be able to carry it on his back without looking strange (or stupid). Just my two cents

lol ninjas, i wouldn't really care if they were in the game but i wouldn't like to see a bunch of pictures of them since i already know what they look like.

And when it came to the bow, i wasn't thinking long bow but rather a bow that can be split in half and placed on the body of the assassin and when he or she wishes to use it, they just put it back together.

I hope they don't take the hoodie out in the next one though

elvindrummer
04-27-2011, 06:36 PM
bow and arrow would be shweet! tho creed should def not have co-op. I think it would be cool to have maybe weird boomerang of death. (not very realistic but would be cool) or spikes on assassins shoes so you could run up and kick gaurd or something.

GunnarGunderson
04-27-2011, 08:49 PM
Well assuming the game is set in the French Revolution I suspect that Rapiers will become the next big thing

DavisP92
04-27-2011, 09:47 PM
@elvindrummer. Yea I would love the game so much more if I could use a bow rather than a crossbow. And no lock on system. But I feel that co-op is a must have, and is even more important then multiplayer.

@Bradkinn. That is a rumor, and it is possible that sword will make an appereance but I don't feel like tehy would have a big difference in the fighting style

TKDK4-ACB
04-29-2011, 02:18 AM
I'm hoping for more of a selection of combat, say duel wielding and traps.

I really don't like the assassins in AC:B because they feel kinda useless, when I first saw it I thought we could have a posse of assassins, but no.

I'd really like to see having at least one or two assassins that you could have with you and could send to distract guards.

Inorganic9_2
04-29-2011, 05:11 AM
I wouldn't mind a gun which isn't reloaded in 2 seconds if it were to be set around the French Revolution. Imagine firing it, then having to use it like a club because you can't reload it until you're out of open conflict. It would be silly to have someone around that time not armed with a pistol or something similar,but it would also be silly if it could be rapidly reloaded in the midst of battle.

CanterburyTales
04-29-2011, 12:38 PM
Originally posted by BradKinn:
Well assuming the game is set in the French Revolution I suspect that Rapiers will become the next big thing

I agree, though sabers would be more practical for actual fighting.

Anyway, in AC III, I would love for there to be at least some part of the game where the player encounters and uses THE Sword (as in the Piece of Eden).

Evan52395
04-29-2011, 01:25 PM
How would free-running work if you have a bow on your back? Doing a roll on the ground would snap the thing.

Rakudaton
04-29-2011, 02:17 PM
Originally posted by livfreorletmedi:

I wish people would learn about ninjas before claiming to know what they were.

1) The peasants who trained themselves to fight -- that's the development of karate, not ninjutsu.

2) THEY DID NOT WEAR BLACK. That is a stupid ninja cliche developed only recently. Certainly they occasionally wore black... but mostly they were indeed about social stealth, and would dress as normal people. One part of the seventeen disciplines of ninjutsu is about disguising oneself. Dressing in a really obvious ninja costume is only useful for hiding at night.

Please learn a little bit about what you're talking about.