PDA

View Full Version : mercenary challenges set 3 after finishing the game

bigrev23
11-23-2011, 02:24 PM
I've finished the game but neglected to complete the combo kill part of the Mercenaries Challenge and need to do 3 more to finish it for the weapon reward. Janissaries are everywhere with patrolling guards making it next to impossible to get a combo kill of 5. I've replayed some of the DNA sequences but any kills don't seem to count. I'm thinking a Datura bomb might help.
Any thoughts, ideas or suggestions would certainly help as I don't really want to start another game, at this point.

pacmanate
11-23-2011, 02:29 PM
"think a datura bomb will help"

seems like a good idea, dont think. just do

ihal
11-23-2011, 02:34 PM
Replay memories from before Sequence 6 (Sequence 4 is mentioned a lot). Guard groups won't have changed to include Janissaries by then so you can run around and create havok to get your 5-kill streak challenge done.

That said, and I can't really pin down how, you CAN execution streak Janissaries, but again... can't really figure it out. Sometimes I would insta-gib them (with full health, mind you), and sometimes they'd mitigate the kill.

bigrev23
11-23-2011, 02:47 PM
Originally posted by pacmanate:
"think a datura bomb will help"

seems like a good idea, dont think. just do
When I get back to the game I shall indeed try it.
Thanks.

bigrev23
11-23-2011, 02:50 PM
Originally posted by ihal:
Replay memories from before Sequence 6 (Sequence 4 is mentioned a lot). Guard groups won't have changed to include Janissaries by then so you can run around and create havok to get your 5-kill streak challenge done.

That said, and I can't really pin down how, you CAN execution streak Janissaries, but again... can't really figure it out. Sometimes I would insta-gib them (with full health, mind you), and sometimes they'd mitigate the kill.
I'll give the suggested sequences a go when I can get back to playing. I do like how tough they are and are certainly a challenge here at end game.

bigrev23
11-23-2011, 06:43 PM
Originally posted by bigrev23:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by ihal:

I'll give the suggested sequences a go when I can get back to playing. I do like how tough they are and are certainly a challenge here at end game.[/QUOTE/]

I went back to seq. 4 and managed to acquire the combo kill. So going back does work.Thank you for the suggestion.

Bonkorz
11-23-2011, 09:10 PM
The kill-streaks NEED to be started with a combo kill, so you can most definitely not start it off with a counter kill, or else you'll have to find another group of 5 guards. However, I did finish this. The Datura bombs won't work, so if you haven't tried yet, don't. Just make sure to dodge and strike and keep your kill-streak going, and you'll eventually get it. I only had 1 of the kill-streaks completed after I beat the game, so it kind of took me a while.

bigrev23
11-24-2011, 10:23 AM
Originally posted by Bonkorz:
The kill-streaks NEED to be started with a combo kill, so you can most definitely not start it off with a counter kill, or else you'll have to find another group of 5 guards. However, I did finish this. The Datura bombs won't work, so if you haven't tried yet, don't. Just make sure to dodge and strike and keep your kill-streak going, and you'll eventually get it. I only had 1 of the kill-streaks completed after I beat the game, so it kind of took me a while.
Truly a tough chore but can be done as you say. I was also getting the terms mixed up with their actions.
I also went to the docks and battled there. Lured Janissaries and guards to docks edge and knocked the individual Janes in the harbour, there were about 4, so took some time(don't fall in the water yourself). This left the remaining soldiers to quickly get an combo kill/execution streak. It's not easy, and I failed half of my attempts. But is fun.