PDA

View Full Version : So now what's going on?.???

bigbossmalone
06-20-2005, 03:13 PM
Well, hi all
I'm confused . After my recent semi-tantrum after the 4.01m patch release with no flyable Mosquito!!! I've just read the latest from Oleg himself re: where they are with development, etc.
He lists the Mosquito as flyable!!
So all I'd like to know is WHERE IS THE MOSQUITO???
Another patch? and another? 4.01 - what ,24.17m??
I've been awake too long, this is all getting too much for me....
Love and light

arcadeace
06-20-2005, 03:30 PM
I'm very sorry. I can't help you.

Cajun76
06-20-2005, 03:30 PM
I think I found what your refering to. Did you keep reading?

http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/63110913/m/8471088572/p/12

OM

...The list of aircraft above doesn't means that we will have them all. It will depends of our loading with BoB and conditions of these models that are done by third party. Anyway I list the planes that has the best chance to meet the virtual sky of Il-2-PF community.
Only the limit of time frame that we have ask us to completely finish these (and some other planes) till mid of the next month (march) and only in prefect conditions (100% without bugs)...

So what's the problem? We just got some free planes with the last patch, and even the Betty, wich OM never promised but Ubi put it on the box. If we get it, super. If not, I still have gotten more content than I paid for.

Actually, reading it again, Ki-100 is "flyable, ready"
The Mosquito is "flyable"

See a difference?

HoldSteady641
06-21-2005, 07:08 AM
Darn, this is painfull.. Me need my mosquito.. *dying of grief*

Atomic_Marten
06-21-2005, 07:29 AM
Hm. I assume that this Mosquito 'sindrome' is the same thing as with G4M Betty or some other 'wanted' aircraft.(Bf110, Beaufighter anyone, I wonder how many of these whiners are still regularly flying Bf110s and Beaus http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif)

Once when in game folks take it for a ride or two, and after that they are back to their FW190s Bf109s Spit9s Jugs or whatever they are used to ride before.

I'm not aiming this against any person specifically, it is good if you wait for Mosquito to be you favourite ride among very few, but in most cases, that is *NOT* the case.

TgD Thunderbolt56
06-21-2005, 07:58 AM
Originally posted by Atomic_Marten:
Hm. I assume that this Mosquito 'sindrome' is the same thing as with G4M Betty or some other 'wanted' aircraft.(Bf110, Beaufighter anyone, I wonder how many of these whiners are still regularly flying Bf110s and Beaus http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif)

Once when in game folks take it for a ride or two, and after that they are back to their FW190s Bf109s Spit9s Jugs or whatever they are used to ride before.

I'm not aiming this against any person specifically, it is good if you wait for Mosquito to be you favourite ride among very few, but in most cases, that is *NOT* the case.

Succinctly said Atomic Marten. I wanted the Ju88 and Beau and still fly the Beau fairly regularly when there's a definitive ground target that I can use it for effectively. I see certain pilots that specialize in the multi-engined bombers and ground attack birds, but the vast majority only "play" with them occassionally.

With the newest patch (and the subsequent need for "E" fighting in just about every aircraft), I see more high altitude level bombing or jabo by fast attack fighter-bombers more than the low level IL2 raids we used to see.

I like the Mossie and would definitely fly it, but as Atomic Marten said, I would lay money on the fact that if it's not all that people are hoping it won't see as much use as they would indicate. Not too many pilots (online at least) are willing to accept the inherent challenges associated with a solo run in a "less-capable" bird too many times before they get discouraged and revert to something a bit more competitive.

TB

HoldSteady641
06-21-2005, 09:23 AM
actually, The poor beaufighter campaign on new Guinea is the only career that stays in my pilot slot. I find the missions too much transit time to really pull through, but I'd love to fly it more.. I haven't got ace expansion pack yet, just FB and PF stand alone's (anyone know a good shop for the AEP? I ordered them at Bol.com, but the send me FB instead.., trying again..)

But I can very well understand that the twin proppers aren't high on the list, sure I can.. This dying of grief was a little over the top, it's more of a slow gentle terminal withering away than actually dying..

You must understand, from the time on I glued toy planes together, the mossie has been an ICON to me. I destroyed tonnes of toy tanks and trains with it..
I reckon the BF110 is also one you can only fly in AEP? I haven't got it in my 2.1 FB. I dare say, Love to fly it as much as the mossie. I'm more of a fighter bomber type, my kinf of plane is the Mos, Beau and p38. Love to try the 110 too, but indeed cannot guarantee I'll fly it long..

WOLFMondo
06-21-2005, 09:40 AM
Originally posted by TgD Thunderbolt56:
Not too many pilots (online at least) are willing to accept the inherent challenges associated with a solo run in a "less-capable" bird too many times before they get discouraged and revert to something a bit more competitive.

i agree but i wouldn't use those words when talking about the mosquito http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif

TgD Thunderbolt56
06-21-2005, 10:57 AM
LOL...I'm actually a big fan of the RL Mossie too mate...be sure. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

I was simply commenting on the fact that in a 1v1 scenario on equal footing, the 109/190 jockey would hold the better hand.

Twin Merlin's and a 400+mph top speed certainly have their place.

TB