PDA

View Full Version : The new "Exe" file Causes My Game to Stutter

GK-66SS
11-24-2004, 11:32 AM
I just thought that I would let you know that the new exe file that was released as a test with the patch causes "stop action" in my game (not lag stutters). This was never a problem for me before. It causes short but regular (one every 3 or 4 seconds) pauses in the action in both single player and multiplayer. If I use the old exe file, the problem completely vanishes.

GK-66SS
11-24-2004, 11:32 AM
I just thought that I would let you know that the new exe file that was released as a test with the patch causes "stop action" in my game (not lag stutters). This was never a problem for me before. It causes short but regular (one every 3 or 4 seconds) pauses in the action in both single player and multiplayer. If I use the old exe file, the problem completely vanishes.

ucanfly
11-24-2004, 12:16 PM
I get the same problem online and sometimes offline as well. I think I have eliminated the offline stutter (so far) by doing a fresh reboot and (using msconfig) unchecking all my startup files and autoexec,bat. I am using Win98SE.

GK-66SS
11-24-2004, 03:20 PM
I am also using Win 98 SE

Nubarus
11-24-2004, 05:46 PM
Simple solution, don't use the new exe.

wayno7777
11-24-2004, 10:19 PM
On my cr@ppy system, the new_exe has been a godsend. Can actually fly in normal time. THX
http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif
750 Duron
512mb ram
GeForce2 MX 400 64Mb

ucanfly
11-25-2004, 03:38 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Nubarus:
Simple solution, don't use the new exe. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Aaah but when it doen't stutter, I get much higher FPS aand allows me to play in very busy missions that I can't with regular exe.

So close.

mortoma
11-25-2004, 07:54 AM
With the new exe, I get total crashes ( CTD ) in Win98 if I use OpenGL as the provider. I get kernel32.dll errors so bad I have to reboot. I also get a recoverable error that crashes only the game ( not Windows ) that says 'FATAL ERROR: CRASH DURING TERMINATION'. But both errors are intermittent and usually happen when I try and load up a mission with a large map, which are common with the release of PF. But overall when I'm not crashing, my frame rates are better so it's kind of tragic. But lately I went back to playing in DirectX and now I can use the new exe without crashes at all. I still get overall better frame rates but a few more stutters/pauses than with the old exe. I did send all the info to Oleg about my errors/crashes too.

mortoma
11-25-2004, 07:58 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by wayno7777:
On my cr@ppy system, the new_exe has been a godsend. Can actually fly in normal time. THX
http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif
750 Duron
512mb ram
GeForce2 MX 400 64Mb <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>Yes, I have noticed that most of the people that report improved frame rates have low end to middling systems. Very few people with high end machine report much of an improvement. Now if they can only get the new exe to be more stable, and not so stutter/crash prone!!! I also think that those that use OpenGL are having more trouble using the new exe than those that use DX. that's certainly the case with my PC.

mortoma
11-25-2004, 08:00 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by GK-66SS:
I just thought that I would let you know that the new exe file that was released as a test with the patch causes "stop action" in my game (not lag stutters). This was never a problem for me before. It causes short but regular (one every 3 or 4 seconds) pauses in the action in both single player and multiplayer. If I use the old exe file, the problem completely vanishes. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>As an experiment, see if the same thing happens if you run in DirectX instead of OpenGL.