PDA

View Full Version : Problems using advanced controls - PC version

WingedSephiel
08-30-2005, 10:44 PM
***Please be forewarned about spoilers in this post, because my problem exists at the end of the demo***

Hello everyone! I received an email from Ubisoft that this is where I should post about glitches in the demo, and I have one I wanted to bring to their attention. I am used to the WASD form of movement, (or rather, W and mouse,) so while playing the demo, I used the advanced controls. When I had completed the puzzle at the top of the island and opened the door in the cave nearest the ladder, I found that I couldn’t enter the second doorway with the advanced controls. I tried changing directions, sliding through, and going backwards with no success. At first I thought there was something I had done wrong, and proceeded to continue searching the age. It was only later that it occurred to me I could change the mouse settings and click through the doorway. Has anybody else encountered this problem?

http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

WingedSephiel
08-30-2005, 10:44 PM
***Please be forewarned about spoilers in this post, because my problem exists at the end of the demo***

Hello everyone! I received an email from Ubisoft that this is where I should post about glitches in the demo, and I have one I wanted to bring to their attention. I am used to the WASD form of movement, (or rather, W and mouse,) so while playing the demo, I used the advanced controls. When I had completed the puzzle at the top of the island and opened the door in the cave nearest the ladder, I found that I couldn’t enter the second doorway with the advanced controls. I tried changing directions, sliding through, and going backwards with no success. At first I thought there was something I had done wrong, and proceeded to continue searching the age. It was only later that it occurred to me I could change the mouse settings and click through the doorway. Has anybody else encountered this problem?

http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Mowog
09-01-2005, 05:15 PM
Strange... I also played the PC version in advanced mode, and had no difficulty at all passing through the entire tunnel once I'd opened the gates.

Peculiar, we had a similar problem in the Uru Prologue, and in its successor "Until Uru." In the neighborhood linking room, there was an occasional bug that prevented you from walking into the Linking Room, even with the door slid wide open. Sometimes you could close and reopen the door and that would let you in, other times not. It seemed to occur primarily when you were visiting a neighborhood other than your own.

uecasm
09-04-2005, 03:58 AM
I have noticed that you can get "stuck" a lot in those rotating columns. But provided you've set the stones correctly I've always been able to back off a bit and approach from a different angle.

WingedSephiel
09-06-2005, 06:39 PM
Maybe it's just me...I had a lot of problems with movement in Uru as well, but then I tried to play that game all in 1st person view, so it's probably just the way I play the games...(I never could get past the idea of actually having a character on the screen in a Myst game!) But I'm still excited as ever for end of ages to come out!