PDA

View Full Version : Ac freedom

Yairo809
12-09-2011, 07:59 PM
You know the people who make this game say they want the player to have the freedom to play in our own style, how would you guys feel if they added a rpg style to the gameplay.More customization option and things along those lines. I think that would spice things up more in the immersion of the game.

Il_Divo
12-09-2011, 08:01 PM
An RPG system...sort of like what Batman: Arkham City has? Every so often you get XP and "level up", which lets you select a new ability?

I could see something like that being done and would add variety. As long as they made sure it didn't overtake the main focus of AC's gameplay.

NewBlade200
12-09-2011, 08:12 PM
I'd prefer to keep it more focused. The butter is spread too thin anyway so an RPG <STRIKE>7</STRIKE> could kill it. The devs have to focus more on the assassinations and less on arbitrary things like Den Defense and larger customization options.

On the topic of freedom, AC1 had more freedom than ACB, R and possibly 2. This is a game about killing, not about training guys to forge notes in a faraway city so you can dye your clothes extra special. AC's freedom was about how you kill the guy while the others are about what you do when you aren't killing the guy.

NERDRAGE!

Yairo809
12-09-2011, 08:21 PM
in my opinion it would make things a lot more versatile, they need to do something about the weapons as well because no matter which one you have they all FEEl the same, makes it kinda like a useless feature if you can get a three hit kill with every weapon n chain them all, i beat the game with the default yaghatan sword.

ACSineQuaNon
12-09-2011, 08:34 PM
IDK...
All of these customization features since AC2 haven't been properly fleshed out. I agree with NewBlade; there needs to be an increased focus on major assassinations. AC1 developed those nearly perfectly, save the tedious investigations. While all the side content and mission variety should not be removed, the more dramatic assassinations of AC1 need to return.

NewBlade200
12-09-2011, 08:35 PM
@Yairo809: I've been using my fists. Janissarys dropping like flies http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/88.gif

Yairo809
12-09-2011, 08:38 PM
i know!! curse the weak ai in this game grr

rileypoole1234
12-09-2011, 09:46 PM
Originally posted by Yairo809:
i know!! curse the weak ai in this game grr

Just fight with a sword, and they'll be harder. Simple really.

ProdiGurl
12-10-2011, 04:48 AM
I've been thinking about something similar, but not so much RPG as Strategy.

Since they already use a city building system, why not do more by way of Strategy/upgrading the city - but also maybe the assassins & your Dens where you have a means to spend the massive amounts of $$ you accumulate [& kill 2 birds with 1 stone].

Maybe without upgrading your weapons & armor for your Recruits & Master Assassins, they lose more or can't level up as quickly (by doing lesser XP missions)?
Or they get wounded alot more & you can't use them till they heal.... a realistic consequence.

I dunno, I do love RPG, just not sure that's the direction AC should take?
Can you give some specifics on what you'd maybe like to see done?