PDA

View Full Version : Downloadable add-on Planes For 1946

weaselwagon1
03-23-2007, 09:17 PM
How about letting after-market developers finish off what planes are left and have them up here for download for a price?It could be like the itunes site,a few bucks per plane,add in some key that only a paying user has to unlock it...you dont even have to use up time on skinning it,guys like canon uk are much better anyway,no overhead costs to UBI for packaging and shipping...might be nice...

VW-IceFire
03-23-2007, 10:31 PM
Mmmm discussed many times before. Be prepared for a multipager...I'll predict a 6 page thread http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

The answer has been no. The answer will be yes in the new product but not with the old engine. One of the reasons branded about is keeping the multiplayer code as solid as possible without fear of Spitfires flying around with 8 30mm cannons. I realize not everyone plays online but if its a one way switch then it hurts allot of people who are otherwise playing relatively cheat free.

In Storm of War, the next series, Oleg has already said that there will be a kit released which will allow map and object creation (including planes) but that these will exist in a "sandbox" mode so it won't impact multiplayer. Its a good idea. I think there was even mention of how the best of those 3rd party contributions would be a part of the regular code if they were up to spec. Sounds great!