PDA

View Full Version : Open Letter to Oleg/Western Sim

XyZspineZyX
09-10-2003, 02:41 PM
Oleg,
Darryl here,
I was a fan, as were many more, before the original IL-2 was released. I looked forward to your email updates at that time. I noted that I was among an international group of people reading those updates.

Now that you've released IL-2, and Forgotten Battles, Perhaps you could focus on the Mediterrainean/North African air war? In a sense, that air war qualifies as a sort of "Forgotten Battles" too. The guys at Dynamix had planned to release a sim for that theatre, but it never came to life. I just think efforts of 1C/Maddox would do that theatre of operations the justice that a modern air combat sim(mer) deserves. Representing the key aerial combatants (Britain, Germany, Italy,and the United States), I think you'd find an interesting mix of aircraft to model. Imagine the number of human-crewed medium bombers that could be represented; not to mention the fighters that were indigenous to the theatre. You even have fans who could (or are) work(ing) on models, and variants. Including their efforts might shorten the gestation time for the release, and would certainly aid in growing the numbers of the Maddox faithful around the world. Why not give the people what they want, and the qualified few a hand in creating it? Good idea!

I guess this has all been brought up before. I didn't do a search before writing to you. Just put me down as member of that growing list.

I am 53 years old and I've been reading about the exploits of combat pilots since I was a young teenager. I've owned many combat sims over the past ten years, and have managed to weasle updated computers (from the wife) in order to keep up. I've gone from Thrustmaster's WCS to the F-22 Pro, to the Cougar; in an effort to stay somewhat current in controllers. In other words, I would buy that sim if you create it.

I guess that's enough. I hope I've been clear.

Best regards ( now get to work!)
Darryl

Speed is Life! But being a good shot comes in handy too. /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif

XyZspineZyX
09-10-2003, 02:41 PM
Oleg,
Darryl here,
I was a fan, as were many more, before the original IL-2 was released. I looked forward to your email updates at that time. I noted that I was among an international group of people reading those updates.

Now that you've released IL-2, and Forgotten Battles, Perhaps you could focus on the Mediterrainean/North African air war? In a sense, that air war qualifies as a sort of "Forgotten Battles" too. The guys at Dynamix had planned to release a sim for that theatre, but it never came to life. I just think efforts of 1C/Maddox would do that theatre of operations the justice that a modern air combat sim(mer) deserves. Representing the key aerial combatants (Britain, Germany, Italy,and the United States), I think you'd find an interesting mix of aircraft to model. Imagine the number of human-crewed medium bombers that could be represented; not to mention the fighters that were indigenous to the theatre. You even have fans who could (or are) work(ing) on models, and variants. Including their efforts might shorten the gestation time for the release, and would certainly aid in growing the numbers of the Maddox faithful around the world. Why not give the people what they want, and the qualified few a hand in creating it? Good idea!

I guess this has all been brought up before. I didn't do a search before writing to you. Just put me down as member of that growing list.

I am 53 years old and I've been reading about the exploits of combat pilots since I was a young teenager. I've owned many combat sims over the past ten years, and have managed to weasle updated computers (from the wife) in order to keep up. I've gone from Thrustmaster's WCS to the F-22 Pro, to the Cougar; in an effort to stay somewhat current in controllers. In other words, I would buy that sim if you create it.

I guess that's enough. I hope I've been clear.

Best regards ( now get to work!)
Darryl

Speed is Life! But being a good shot comes in handy too. /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif

XyZspineZyX
09-10-2003, 03:04 PM
I'd love to see a Med addon and especially the pacific. Hope that 1C/Maddox can eventually expand this game to cover all theatres.

TX-Zen
Black 6
TX Squadron CO
http://www.txsquadron.com
clyndes@hotmail.com (IM only)

http://www.txsquadron.com/uploaded/tx-zen/Zensig2.jpg

XyZspineZyX
09-10-2003, 03:58 PM
i agree wiht TX-Zen.
Expand the great IL2 game wht the med and africa maps and plane setup including flyable bombers/recon/transport a/c.
So that we are able to fly waht ever we like to fly .

Like to fly bombers? join I/KG26.
Like to fly Online campains? join Forgotten wars.
Fly it or leave it buht dont foget it.
I/KG26_Oranje

XyZspineZyX
09-10-2003, 04:04 PM
yes, a Med expansion of FB would be most welcome

XyZspineZyX
09-10-2003, 05:56 PM
Something like that wouldn't be an addon, it would be a new release like FB was.