PDA

View Full Version : Treasure Chests

amugae
07-04-2010, 10:40 PM
Do you want them back in AC:B? I personally didn't care much for them. There were more fun ways to earn money, and all they ever did was clutter up my minimap.

And if chests are to remain in the game, can we at least have Ezio visually walk or glide over to the front of the box? Because in AC2 whenever I want to search a chest/corpse I'd somehow end up freakin teleporting over to it. Talk about killing immersion.

Xanatos2007
07-04-2010, 11:23 PM
I think the treasure chests themselves broke the immersion. Why do people leave their money all over the place and why is it always in such odd locations? It made sense to loot chests in banks (even if the security as a bit lax), but when I find 100 in some random backalley surrounded by bums I forget I'm playing AC.

EzioAssassin51
07-04-2010, 11:34 PM
Plus, there was no need to collect them aside from getting even more money to add to your Everest sized pile! http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/shady.gif

It'd be better if they don't

Murcuseo
07-05-2010, 04:02 AM
They should be ammo crates not boxes fully of coins, that would make more sense

DJBare
07-05-2010, 04:08 AM
The ones seemingly unnattended should go, but keep the guarded ones, I enjoy outwitting the guards or just a plain fight with them.

EzioAssassin51
07-05-2010, 04:16 AM
Originally posted by DJBare:
The ones seemingly unnattended should go, but keep the guarded ones, I enjoy outwitting the guards or just a plain fight with them.

Yeah they were good but not the other random ones!

@Robson - NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!! *runs away in fear of ammunition crates* Make people NEED to spend their money on ammo! Don't give it out for free!

UBOSOFT-Gamer
07-05-2010, 04:32 AM
well i like them!

but the feather were worthless. I doesnt want to collect them all! Most unimportant thing of AC2 for myself!!

Murcuseo
07-05-2010, 04:40 AM
Originally posted by EzioAssassin51:

@Robson - NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!! *runs away in fear of ammunition crates* Make people NEED to spend their money on ammo! Don't give it out for free!

I'm sure there will be plenty of other things to spend money on... or I hope there will be. Dun't need to be ammo crates, just something more useful lol

Ru1986
07-05-2010, 05:33 AM
keep them good way of xploring all aspects of each area.

Changchung
07-05-2010, 05:38 AM
I collected them all and feathers as well though I wished they weren't in the game.

I think except for guarded ones there is no point in having them in the new game. And no feathers or other silly collectables as well. Better yet make them optable. Say in the options you turn on treasures or other collectables. So people can first play the game immersively and maybe if they want a second run they can collect them.

Ru1986
07-05-2010, 06:16 AM
I think the worst thing is feeling like you should have completed the game as your maps are blank (bar shops and notriety objects) but you then find out you ahve feathers to collect but they are not indicated on the map. Thats just silly i think the faeathers and Glyphs should have been indicated in the map so we know were we are at. I know you can look at the DNA but that rubbish.

Changchung
07-05-2010, 07:15 AM
Originally posted by Ru1986:
...but you then find out you ahve feathers to collect but they are not indicated on the map. Thats just silly i think the faeathers and Glyphs should have been indicated in the map so we know were we are at. I know you can look at the DNA but that rubbish.
Glyphs are indicated actually at least its landmark is.

I think the feathers are meant for people who tries to find and solve every bit. I got 51-52 of them by the end of the game and used a location guide to complete them for the sake of completion and for Maria of course.

Account_Deleted
07-05-2010, 07:21 AM
treasures were good for helping to get all the weapons and upgragde monter or w/e villa,

but sometimes they were anoyying if your trying to get 100% complete.

i rather they find something else, maybe certin kill targets this time.
the assassinations could of been used as the money thing,

in AC:B they could use " tag along"
get an assassin to go on a mission to upgrade, and there's x amount per place etc

El_Sjietah
07-05-2010, 08:54 AM
Treasure chests should contain monkeys that perform a little dance when you free them, then demand a banana. And since you can't equip bananas, they'll follow you around for the rest of the game all ****ed off and whatnot. Imagine Ezio talking to Minerva while 100 monkeys are jumping through the vault demanding bananas. Epic.

Murcuseo
07-05-2010, 08:58 AM
Originally posted by El_Sjietah:
Treasure chests should contain monkeys that perform a little dance when you free them, then demand a banana. And since you can't equip bananas, they'll follow you around for the rest of the game all ****ed off and whatnot. Imagine Ezio talking to Minerva while 100 monkeys are jumping through the vault demanding bananas. Epic.

You my friend are having a good day, 10 points for randomness!

Account_Deleted
07-05-2010, 09:01 AM
Originally posted by Robson19822009:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by El_Sjietah:

You my friend are having a good day, 10 points for randomness! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
http://achievements.schrankmonster.de/Achievement.aspx?text=10G%20for%20randomness!