PDA

View Full Version : I need some Joy Stick Help!

LuftWulf190
01-28-2005, 08:33 PM
I recently got a new Logitech Wingman Force 3D joystick. Well I love it's FFB capabilities, but compared to my old MS Sidewinder PP2 it feels like I'm balancing every plane I fly on the head of a needle. The controls just dont seem that solid. Any way I can make things feel alittle more stable, and also how do I stop my stick from shaking when ever I let my hand off it when I am flying?

LuftWulf190
01-28-2005, 08:33 PM
I recently got a new Logitech Wingman Force 3D joystick. Well I love it's FFB capabilities, but compared to my old MS Sidewinder PP2 it feels like I'm balancing every plane I fly on the head of a needle. The controls just dont seem that solid. Any way I can make things feel alittle more stable, and also how do I stop my stick from shaking when ever I let my hand off it when I am flying?

SlickStick
01-28-2005, 09:48 PM
Although, I can't help with the FFB aspect of your issue, I do suggest going into the Hardware Setup area off of the Main menu and go into the Input section and re-adjust the sliders for your new stick.

Try to create a smooth upward curve of the sliders and test in a QMB. I try to set my sliders so that I can almost pull all of the way back on the stick and no white stall trails appear at my wingtips.

I also recommend lowering the curve for the YAW axis as this will help with gunnery and bombing.

LuftWulf190
01-28-2005, 09:57 PM
Well I fixed my hardware stability for bot the Y and X axis, I adjusted it from 50% sensitivity down to $0% and I fixed the pitch settings for IL2. They are 7 18 28 39 49 56 66 75 82 and 88 respectivly.

I tried afew training sessions with me in a a44 DS-9 agianst a P-51D-20, Spitfive MK VIII, and Corsair 1-C. All AI are set to average. Every time so far I have been lucky to down one of them. Considering that, I dont think its too bad.http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif