PDA

View Full Version : Does anybody know what this instrument does?

Skinwehr
03-29-2005, 03:44 AM
I Purchaced 5 origonal Luftwaffe instruments from an antiques dealer recently. I got a boost gauge, air speed indicator, Tach, Turn/bank and a little gizmo called an Anzeigerger├┬Ąt AFN2. The later , I noticed, is installed in the cockpit of many later 109s and 190s, as well as the 262 and 229.

It is a small (55mm), round gauge with one horizontal and one vertical needle that cross each other and have phosphorescent tips. The face has 3 dots at 8,9 and 10 O'clock. Also at 10 O'clock is the word nahe (near). It is extremely sensitive, even a nearby cell phone will move the needles.

My question(s): what does it do? Does the in-game ANF2 work or is it static? and how do I use it?

I am new here, so I don't have a clue how to post a pic, If I figure it out I will provide a pic.

Skinwehr
03-29-2005, 03:44 AM
I Purchaced 5 origonal Luftwaffe instruments from an antiques dealer recently. I got a boost gauge, air speed indicator, Tach, Turn/bank and a little gizmo called an Anzeigerger├┬Ąt AFN2. The later , I noticed, is installed in the cockpit of many later 109s and 190s, as well as the 262 and 229.

It is a small (55mm), round gauge with one horizontal and one vertical needle that cross each other and have phosphorescent tips. The face has 3 dots at 8,9 and 10 O'clock. Also at 10 O'clock is the word nahe (near). It is extremely sensitive, even a nearby cell phone will move the needles.

My question(s): what does it do? Does the in-game ANF2 work or is it static? and how do I use it?

I am new here, so I don't have a clue how to post a pic, If I figure it out I will provide a pic.

LStarosta
03-29-2005, 04:01 AM
Lessen Sie auf Deutsch?

www.tarrif.net/wwii/pdf/bf109k4.pdf (http://www.tarrif.net/wwii/pdf/bf109k4.pdf)

Hetzer_II
03-29-2005, 04:05 AM
Hi!

In game it doesnt work imho....

But in Reality it was part of the navigation equipment.

the vertical mark gives you the idea if youre on course or not (radio-navigation), and the horizontal mark did say you the strengh of the signal you receive... from this you can say if youre close or not...

Greets!

Skinwehr
03-29-2005, 04:37 AM
Danke! That is very interesting info. Too bad it don't work in-game though.

Hetzer_II
03-29-2005, 04:53 AM
Youre german?

Skinwehr
03-29-2005, 06:38 AM
Nein, Ich bin ein Amerikaner, von New York. I am of German and Italian (swiss Italian) decent.

Hetzer_II
03-29-2005, 06:52 AM
Sounds like a good mixture...

But it seems like you can understand some german..

The only side i know about the ANF2:

http://home.online.no/~la8ak/24z.htm

Maybe you can understand some of it...

Greets

Skinwehr
03-29-2005, 07:12 AM
Thank you very much for the info. Yes, I do understand some German and I was able to read most of the documentation you provided.

I can always tell if one of my friends has a call coming on his cell phone because the needle of the instrument will jump a few seconds before the phone rings.

OK, here is another question. What german aircraft had air speed indicators with 2 needles? My air speed gauge is graded from 70 to 700 KMH and is commodity number FL22240. I have yet to figure out which aircraft it belonged to.

BBB_Hyperion
03-29-2005, 07:36 AM
When it is 1 yellow and 1 white needle i maybe possible that it shows tas on the yellow above 450 km/h and both below.

VW-IceFire
03-29-2005, 08:04 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Skinwehr:
Thank you very much for the info. Yes, I do understand some German and I was able to read most of the documentation you provided.

I can always tell if one of my friends has a call coming on his cell phone because the needle of the instrument will jump a few seconds before the phone rings.

OK, here is another question. What german aircraft had air speed indicators with 2 needles? My air speed gauge is graded from 70 to 700 KMH and is commodity number FL22240. I have yet to figure out which aircraft it belonged to. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
Me-262? I think thats the only aircraft with a IAS/TAS guage.