PDA

View Full Version : Petition for Notoriety in Mountains area not going away

Legendary92491
01-24-2010, 10:14 PM
I think it is ridiculous that you can reduce your notoriety everywhere in the game except for in the mountains area.This could easily be fixed in a patch by adding some guards and some posters to tear down in the village of the mountains.This needs to be fixed in a patch as it does not make sense to have notoriety that can not be reduced, and it also annoys me.

the amolang
01-24-2010, 11:03 PM
I don't really care that much... its not really a big issue, and there are other things that should be addressed first

this is kind of off topic but... Does anyone else think that the mountainous region was kind of rushed? I think that they could of fleshed it out a lot more, mainly the town at the bottom of the trail. In fact you can even see more of the village (like a church) but you can't go to it simply because the animus won't let you.

SWJS
01-24-2010, 11:07 PM
I agree with amolang

blarson11
01-24-2010, 11:29 PM
i find that kind of annoying, but i didnt even realize it until you pointed it out. i have my notoriety set to zero everywhere, then i wear the proper cape while in town. i cant stand having different amounts of it in different cities (not a problem with the game, just a weird quirk of mine).

Stonelaw
01-24-2010, 11:32 PM
It's basically a filler area. It's not so much that they didn't flesh it out enough compared to the other areas, it's that it was never really an area to begin with. It was simply made to have the wagon scene, and they decided to allow us to return to the region just for the hell of it.

I would say that we got the benefit of the doubt in this situation. The other option was to not allow us to return to the zone at all. There is no actual need to ever return there, so the fact that we can return means that we got a bonus. Notoriety is trivial, given the circumstances.

KakashiAssassin
01-24-2010, 11:48 PM
@seveal

you realize that it'll probably be used again in the DLC, right?

(based on the book anyway

blarson11
01-25-2010, 12:11 AM
if it is related to dlc then that might be why the rest of the town is locked (the dlc might unlock it)

just a thought

Stonelaw
01-25-2010, 03:29 AM
Originally posted by KakashiAssassin:
@seveal

you realize that it'll probably be used again in the DLC, right?

(based on the book anyway
I haven't read that far into the book yet.

If it does indeed warrant another visit in Sequence 12 or 13, I can't imagine it would be any less short-lived than the first visit. Thus, it still wouldn't be important.

The only important part of the zone is hardly even a village; I don't know that there would be guards posted in such a hamlet. Notoriety simply wouldn't matter there.