PDA

View Full Version : 2 things i have seen online lately, need info...

XyZspineZyX
06-23-2003, 05:10 PM
Hi all,

Just wanted to ask if anybody knows what is up with 2 things i have seen online lately

1) What is up with the smoking airplanes? I see aircraft that look like they have smoke generators installed all over the aircraft. You see a plane trailing smoke from everywhere and it hasn't even been hit?

They are fun to shoot at though, i have shot one down.

2) Last night, I shot down a P-51 online. Someone was flying a P-51. When i saw it down below me in a furball i couldn't believe it! I bounced it and got the kill. It was a yellow checkertail P-51D!!!! That was such a memorable FB moment, i just had to shoot that P-51 down http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

But how did they do that? I heard someone mention a hack to fly any plane from external view? is that possible?

3) just one last silly question, how do you get your spot light to turn on in the game? I tried to map a key to it and it doesn't work for me. I like how planes look when they turn that big ol' landing light on.

KALO

XyZspineZyX
06-23-2003, 05:10 PM
Hi all,

Just wanted to ask if anybody knows what is up with 2 things i have seen online lately

1) What is up with the smoking airplanes? I see aircraft that look like they have smoke generators installed all over the aircraft. You see a plane trailing smoke from everywhere and it hasn't even been hit?

They are fun to shoot at though, i have shot one down.

2) Last night, I shot down a P-51 online. Someone was flying a P-51. When i saw it down below me in a furball i couldn't believe it! I bounced it and got the kill. It was a yellow checkertail P-51D!!!! That was such a memorable FB moment, i just had to shoot that P-51 down http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

But how did they do that? I heard someone mention a hack to fly any plane from external view? is that possible?

3) just one last silly question, how do you get your spot light to turn on in the game? I tried to map a key to it and it doesn't work for me. I like how planes look when they turn that big ol' landing light on.

KALO

XyZspineZyX
06-23-2003, 05:21 PM
1. It's a connection/lag issue i think. Harmless but funky looking.

2. Correct.

3. I think you need the landing gear to be down or at least dropping.

Lixma,

Blitzpig.

XyZspineZyX
06-23-2003, 05:23 PM
The smoking planes are Yaks at high altitutde...that is not a smoke mixture too rich.
I take it you were on Bogeys last night.. JG51 Kalo or something? Yea there was pony, the AI one. As far as i remember you can get in via IL2 MANANGER or whatever its name is /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif

Regards,
VFC*Crazyivan

"No matter how good the violin may be, much depends on the violinist. I always felt respect for an enemy pilot whose plane I failed to down." Ivan Kozhedub

XyZspineZyX
06-23-2003, 05:25 PM
- 3. I think you need the landing gear to be down or
- at least dropping.
-
-

No Lix, i think not all planes have landing lights as far as i remember. I saw Hurries flying with them all the time.

Regards,
VFC*Crazyivan

"No matter how good the violin may be, much depends on the violinist. I always felt respect for an enemy pilot whose plane I failed to down." Ivan Kozhedub

XyZspineZyX
06-23-2003, 05:30 PM
2. The client side AI plane hack doesn't work in FB. If you saw a P-51, its because the server added the plane to the flyable list for one of the homebases.

XyZspineZyX
06-24-2003, 05:16 AM
Thanks for the replies everyone!

Good flying!

4./JG52_Kalo

XyZspineZyX
06-26-2003, 06:32 PM
YA there are 2 smoke issues u could be talking of, the 2 little trails of black smoke out the sides of the engine mean mix too high, lower mix and smoke be gone. Then due to connection error or whatever, sometimes a whole planes will make the little steam trails or dust trails as if all the parts of the plane were touching the ground.

XyZspineZyX
06-26-2003, 07:21 PM
You have to assign a key to the landing light ( I use the letter L ) and you can turn it on at any time , And the only plane that I know of with out a landing light is the FW 190 and thats just a bug thats gona be fixed with the patch - Hopefully

XyZspineZyX
06-26-2003, 10:45 PM
the p39 doesnt have a landing light, and the i16 and i153 dont have em either i think. i havent tried the p40 yet to check, but i don't think it has one.