PDA

View Full Version : Hyperlobby working with Ubuntu and Wine

jayhall0315
08-19-2009, 06:25 PM
I made a few changes to Wine 1.1.27 so that you guys should be able to run Hyperlobby 3.9.1111 under Ubuntu 8.10 or 9.04 now with almost full functionality. Coming in September, Wine 1.1.28 will include some more of my changes for Hyperlobby that should iron out a few tiny nags.

If you like alternative operating systems or just like to play around, give Ubuntu and Wine a try with IL2 1946 and Hyperlobby. If you do and note any anomalies, report them here please, and I will look into them when my vacation ends.

S! - Jay

na85
08-19-2009, 06:33 PM
If only Naturalpoint would release their stupid Linux drivers already. People have been asking for them for years.

jayhall0315
08-19-2009, 06:47 PM
Originally posted by na85:
If only Naturalpoint would release their stupid Linux drivers already. People have been asking for them for years.

Let's tackle that this fall, LOL.

na85
08-19-2009, 06:54 PM
I'll power up my whine cannons and target them at Naturalpoint's forums.

BTR1965
11-24-2009, 02:01 PM
Originally posted by jayhall0315:
I made a few changes to Wine 1.1.27 so that you guys should be able to run Hyperlobby 3.9.1111 under Ubuntu 8.10 or 9.04 now with almost full functionality. Coming in September, Wine 1.1.28 will include some more of my changes for Hyperlobby that should iron out a few tiny nags.

Hey there,

I know this is an old post, and I'm hoping you'll see my reply.
I'm running Linux Mint 7 (which is based on Jaunty) and I've got the stable version of Wine (1.0.1) installed. I'm a little bit reluctant to download newer versions than what I can find using Synaptic because I'm a little new at Linux and I'm not sure that I could roll back to a previous version if I broke something http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif.

I can run '46, but sometimes the sound cuts out. This happens mostly when I have the CD in the drive. Running without makes it seem to happen less often. In config.ini, SoundUse=0 is set by default. I change it to 1 and the system changes it back. Do I have to using chmod to set the permissions?

I seem to have better results with the OSS drivers rather than the ALSA.

Sorry to be so vague, but I'm not sure exactly what causes the sound not to work in the game. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

Also, my joystick (an old Logitech 3D pro...or something like that. You'd think I'd notice what's written on it) gives me grief. The throttle slider won't go outside of about 31-94% power. I've used the Ubuntu joystick calibration umpteen times to no avail. I'm not sure that modifying the profile in config.ini will do anything for this.

Suggestions?

Cheers!

.btr

wheelsup_cavu
11-26-2009, 12:30 PM
I haven't seen Jay post here in a while.
You might try M4T if he doesn't respond to your post here.
He posted at M4T just a couple of days ago.

Wheels