PDA

View Full Version : Catacombs

DukeFirewood
09-18-2010, 02:45 AM
Seeing as though ACB is set in Rome I was wondering if we could visit the catacombs?
Mabye as a secret location of sorts.

Does anyone know if we can?

primerib69
09-18-2010, 02:48 AM
if you mean the assassin tombs, then yeah you can. they confirmed it like............

i have no clue at all but they confirmed it.

DukeFirewood
09-18-2010, 02:53 AM
No I don't mean the assassin's tombs.
I mean the actual catacombs that run all over under Rome. I want to know if we can roam freely in them.

primerib69
09-18-2010, 02:55 AM
there are catacombs under rome?

bro what are you talking about hahaha

DukeFirewood
09-18-2010, 03:03 AM
Lol, you never heard of the catacombs?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Catacombs_of_Rome

Do you understand now http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif?

primerib69
09-18-2010, 03:12 AM
i wouldn't play that....scare the crap out of me...but maybe. they would have to go down there and take pictures to create the ingame maps. even if you paid me $100000000000000000000000, i wouldn't go down there to take pictures. no way in hell

DukeFirewood
09-18-2010, 03:19 AM
Originally posted by primerib69:
i wouldn't play that....scare the crap out of me...but maybe. they would have to go down there and take pictures to create the ingame maps. even if you paid me $100000000000000000000000, i wouldn't go down there to take pictures. no way in hell

http://smileydatabase.com/s/495.gif
I would like to play down there. I think it could be fun and mysterious, and mabye add some creepy music as well http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

LaCava1
09-18-2010, 06:09 AM
I'm sure they are, but they are going to be linear puzzles... Brotherhood's very own version of the hated (by me) Assassin's tombs.

AnthonyA85
09-18-2010, 07:30 AM
Originally posted by triforceman5:
I'm sure they are, but they are going to be linear puzzles... Brotherhood's very own version of the hated (by me) Assassin's tombs.

You're not the only one who hated those tombs http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_razz.gif

I'm dreading the catacombs, only because i know they'll have timed sections, those are the parts i hated about the tombs.

LaCava1
09-18-2010, 07:41 AM
Originally posted by AnthonyA85:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by triforceman5:

You're not the only one who hated those tombs http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_razz.gif

I'm dreading the catacombs, only because i know they'll have timed sections, those are the parts i hated about the tombs. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Same. It was so annoying when you're about to beat it, and then the gate closes...

masterfenix2009
09-18-2010, 09:01 AM
U guys act like there were timed sections in every part of the secret tombs.

JohnConnor2012
09-18-2010, 01:27 PM
Personally, I'd really want to see the catacombs in ACB - don't some run directly under the Vatican? Reminds me of the subways under Washington in Fallout 3, which were fun.

NewBlade200
09-18-2010, 01:30 PM
i like the idea of catacombes, and the secret locations in general. it adds a little more spice to an already great game http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

AnthonyA85
09-18-2010, 05:55 PM
Originally posted by assassino151:
U guys act like there were timed sections in every part of the secret tombs.

Tomb 3 did (the one with the floor puzzle inside that church), and so did tombe 5, mostly. God i hated that last tomb.

MolochXX
09-18-2010, 06:27 PM
Originally posted by JohnConnor2012:
Personally, I'd really want to see the catacombs in ACB - don't some run directly under the Vatican? Reminds me of the subways under Washington in Fallout 3, which were fun.

God, the subways were the most nightmarishly tedious part of that game.

Starsfan1009
09-18-2010, 07:07 PM
I wouldn't be surprised if the catacombs were part of the game. I'm sure either it would be a timed section as mentioned earlier, or you would have to follow somebody down there and assassinate him. Not to mention the catacombs are like giant mazes...it would make it really interesting to have to hurry, find, and kill the guy before he escapes.

phil.llllll
09-18-2010, 08:42 PM
I'm sure the whole tomb stuctures will tie in with them.

Akasha_Ishtar
09-18-2010, 11:49 PM
Oh the catacombs have to be in there, Iím looking forward to seeing how they have made them look but I really do hope they are not a timed tomb those drove me up the wall, non timed tombs were fine...lol.

TribeRucoo
09-18-2010, 11:59 PM
The Assassin's Tombs were one of my favorite parts of the game. I like the puzzles and fast execution of skill trying to finish before the time ran out.
I'm hoping they will have something like it in ACB.

EzioAssassin51
09-19-2010, 12:19 AM
The will have the tombs Tris, but i do think the catacombs will be awesome!

Maybe they get unlocked after we finish the game so we can go under ALL of Rome, without having memory blocks! Maybe what happens is you chase Cesare in them on the last mission before you kill him or something...

Anyway, i do hope they're there, because they will be a good add-in!

Plus, i doubt the catacombs going under the city which you could possibly free-roam will be timed. Maybe they are actually the last and the hardest Assassin's Tombs for Brotherhood! Besides, it was only the last three tombs with time in them, and you shouldn't complain. They added some sort of difficulty to the game, which many complained was too easy, so yeah... I personally really liked them along with the timing!

Anyway, like i said, these will be awesome to be in the game and i hope they are http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Neo00_85
09-19-2010, 04:34 AM
Originally posted by primerib69:

http://scienceblogs.com/gregladen/chicken.jpg

sorry couldn't resist!!!

notafanboy
09-19-2010, 12:51 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by EzioAssassin51:

Maybe they get unlocked after we finish the game so we can go under ALL of Rome, without having memory blocks! Maybe what happens is you chase Cesare in them on the last mission before you kill him or something...
QUOTE]
cesare died in spain 1507

Oatkeeper
09-19-2010, 04:46 PM
In the Gamescom gameplay looked like the borgia tower head was actually in one of the catacombs, and one of the pasagways to the service led to right in front of the tower itself.

NewBlade200
09-19-2010, 05:09 PM
Originally posted by Oatkeeper:
In the Gamescom gameplay looked like the borgia tower head was actually in one of the catacombs, and one of the pasagways to the service led to right in front of the tower itself. Oath has a point

EzioAssassin51
09-19-2010, 05:21 PM
Originally posted by notafanboy:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by EzioAssassin51:

cesare died in spain 1507 </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah so? It's likely Ubi will send us there for a last mission (as they've confirmed doing stuff likethat in Naples etc. and it seems to be a Tradition for the Creed series), but it's still an interesting speculation idea.

Just because he died in Spain, doesn't mean he will in the game! http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

And i agree with Oath, the Catacombs are most likely the hidden passages to the Borgia Towers!

Roakeru
09-20-2010, 04:39 AM
Originally posted by EzioAssassin51:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by notafanboy:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by EzioAssassin51:

cesare died in spain 1507 </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah so? It's likely Ubi will send us there for a last mission (as they've confirmed doing stuff likethat in Naples etc. and it seems to be a Tradition for the Creed series), but it's still an interesting speculation idea.

Just because he died in Spain, doesn't mean he will in the game! http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

And i agree with Oath, the Catacombs are most likely the hidden passages to the Borgia Towers! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
I bet that Cesare will die in Spain in the game too,it would be to radical to change that....Ezio could travel to Spain for the final mission like he traveled to Rome in AC2 or to Arsuf in AC

Starsfan1009
09-20-2010, 09:48 AM
The catacombs might not even be in the actual game...they might just be a DLC map added later like a lot of the DLC maps already on PSN and LIVE. i mean...if you could imagine the programming involved for the catacombs...it's not like your typical building that you can climb...it's a completely different terrain. who knows...but either way, i'm sure we'll get to play it.

JohnConnor2012
09-20-2010, 11:43 AM
Don't we know the DLC for ACB - the Viaducts and one other (not the Catacombs)?

A trip to Spain to finish off Cesare would be most welcome: Ubi have already conceded small 'off-Rome' maps for minor missions, so why not the last big boss fight too?

SteelCity999
09-20-2010, 12:43 PM
Cesare died in the countryside at the blades of 3 knights after he rode off by himself on the battlefield. He was basically mutilated and stabbed over 20 times upon which he was declothed and left naked in the forest, dead. He was at one point captured and imprisoned in Spain but not killed there.

Oatkeeper
09-20-2010, 01:42 PM
I dont remember claiming that the catacombs would lead to the Borgia towers, simply that there was one that happened to be placed right next to the tower of that demo, and that the particular Borgia tower head was using it.

I'm sure there will be a few scattered (like I said, I think that one is pretty much) around Rome and they will hold a few secretes in them or shortcuts.

EzioAssassin51
09-20-2010, 08:09 PM
Originally posted by JohnConnor2012:
Don't we know the DLC for ACB - the Viaducts and one other (not the Catacombs)?

Link?

primerib69
09-20-2010, 11:55 PM
Originally posted by EzioAssassin51:
Link?

http://leonenjaulado.files.wordpress.com/2008/03/link3.jpg

primerib delivers

Caligula__
09-20-2010, 11:56 PM
prime...

primerib69
09-20-2010, 11:57 PM
whats goooooooooooood braahhh

EzioAssassin51
09-21-2010, 02:16 AM
Haha, hilarious!

Seriously, though, do you have a link for that JohnConnor?

JohnConnor2012
09-21-2010, 04:01 AM
Sorry, shockingly off for a few hours. Not as such, but take a real close look at the ads for the special editions of ACB and you'll see they name the extra (DLC-ish) areas included in them. I remember one was the Viaducts but can't remember the name of the other.

Caligula__
09-21-2010, 04:08 AM
Aqua Gear and Trajan Markets?

http://images.ebgames.com.au/images/detail/150913_detail.jpg

JohnConnor2012
09-21-2010, 04:13 AM
You got it! With a little more searching, I think you'll find descriptions of those two bonus areas too.

Caligula__
09-21-2010, 04:24 AM
do I get a cyber cookie?

(currently searching for more info on em)

DukeFirewood
09-21-2010, 05:00 AM
I hope that we can freely roam in them and not just as the last mission or asan assassin tomb. That would be a wasterin my op.

RandomRansom
09-21-2010, 06:52 AM
Originally posted by Starsfan1009:
The catacombs might not even be in the actual game...they might just be a DLC map added later like a lot of the DLC maps already on PSN and LIVE. i mean...if you could imagine the programming involved for the catacombs...it's not like your typical building that you can climb...it's a completely different terrain. who knows...but either way, i'm sure we'll get to play it.

Programming? I'd feel more for the artists who would have to create such an expansive underground 3D environment. The programming wouldn't be too bad, I'd think. Just like streets where you can't climb (or climb less) but underground. In fact, there would be less need for LOD (level of detail) and line of sight issues while in such an enclosed area.

I mean, the programming for walking, running, attacking, etc. would already be done. Not sure who they get to take care of collision detection and such, but I'd think the programming workload would be minimal for such an addition.

Completely different terrain means little to programmers, I'd think. They don't need to worry about the terrain in art terms. To them it's just code... just places you can climb and can't climb. Hand and foot holds... just places you can walk up and places you can't.

I really hope they have some of the catacombs, at least. Maybe you have to explore them and find exits. Then, when you do, you get a fast travel ability from exit to exit all over Rome. See, that'd be awesome! They should hire me! I do have some experience in the industry...