PDA

View Full Version : Please Add a Patch for the Shrunken Heads Problem

Goalie_Master_8
02-23-2011, 01:18 PM
I want to get the armor set through the shop quest, but I've sold the item at the start of the game, and I hear there are only two in the game. Now I can't get the item on this profile. That's really stupid.

Maybe there should have at least been a warning that these items could have come of use later in the game or that certain items were in limited quantity the first time we opened the "sell item" menu, thinking there was no use for them and they were just another source of money.

Maybe Ubisoft should add in more in a patch and fix a few other things as well.

<span class="ev_code_RED">Please do not bypass the Language Filter.</span>

ThaWhistle
02-23-2011, 01:19 PM
while this is relevent. other than shrunken heads, are there anythings we shouldn't sell after we get them?

Alpha Ender
02-23-2011, 01:37 PM
The frustrating part really is that they don't let us know it's required. Even if you check the shop quests, you don't see it on the required list (at first), so you just assume, "Oh, cool, another source of income" and sell everything.

Murcuseo
02-23-2011, 02:37 PM
Originally posted by ThaWhistle:
while this is relevent. other than shrunken heads, are there anythings we shouldn't sell after we get them?

http://i941.photobucket.com/albums/ad255/Murcuseo/SQ1.png

Goalie_Master_8
02-23-2011, 04:07 PM
I'm really off by this.

I'm surprised that Ubisoft would do something as stupid as this in an otherwise polished game.

<span class="ev_code_RED">Language</span>

Ass4ssin8me
02-24-2011, 12:44 AM
Stop complaining........ They obviously made it so the Armour was hard to get. I mean half the game is spoon fed do we need this to? Don't fix what isn't broken.

Goalie_Master_8
02-24-2011, 07:40 AM
Originally posted by Ass4ssin8me:
Stop complaining........ They obviously made it so the Armour was hard to get. I mean half the game is spoon fed do we need this to? Don't fix what isn't broken.

Games are supposed to be...you know...user-friendly.

I can understand them not dumbing it down, but at least mention . They introduce just about everything else in the game, so why would they not give a description for these.

It's not just about it being hard. It's about the fact that once you've unwittingly sold it, you're screwed out of a mission/armor.

It obviously is broken if I can find a bunch of threads in other forums complaining about the same issue.

rileypoole1234
02-24-2011, 07:48 AM

This should be fixed. They didn't tell us that there is only two, and they certainly didn't say that they would buy the best armor in the game. They should have made the armor available for one.

ElleCore
02-24-2011, 08:12 AM
Why sell items? Money is already easy enough to get. I would keep all of them I find.

Goalie_Master_8
02-24-2011, 08:15 AM
Originally posted by ElleCore:
Why sell items? Money is already easy enough to get. I would keep all of them I find.

Why not sell something that seems very useless at the start?

I don't exactly need money, but I'm not going to deny free money, which these items seemed like a source of.

Abeonis
02-24-2011, 09:01 AM
I wasn't aware there was a problem. Besides, "if it aint broke, don't fix it."

It's your fault for selling the item, not Ubi.

Goalie_Master_8
02-24-2011, 10:51 AM
Originally posted by Abeonis:

Well Assassin's Creed II was a good game. If we went by your logic, we'd have an exact clone of that, nothing new.

It is broken, so it needs fixing. If someone sells the item at the beginning of the game, which they could likely do, not knowing the purpose of these items or the limited quantities, they cannot beat certain quests and cannot achieve full completion all because of one silly mistake at the beginning of the game. They may not realize until much later, making creating a new profile out of the question.
Regardless of fault, why is it

How are you supposed to know of this if you don't search for it online? Requiring players to search online isn't really great game design. Ever single thing in the game has hints, so why would they leave it out here?

It should be patched.

rocketxsurgeon
02-24-2011, 11:26 AM
I agree that we should have known that the items would come of use later in the game. For example, i myself have sold a shrunken head, meaning i can't complete the shop quest with my original save file.

This means i'll have to start another save (which i have done) to get the armour when all of my assassin recruits and weaponary are on my other save.

Sure it's a reasonable solution, but surely there should be a way to obtain everything in one save file, regardless to if you've sold the item or not. So i can either play my original save which has everything on, Or i go play the new save to strut around in the armour. It shouldn't be an either/or situation here.

And in regards to the person a few posts up;

Stop complaining........ They obviously made it so the Armour <span class="ev_code_PURPLE">was hard to get</span> . I mean half the game is spoon fed do we need this to? Don't fix what isn't broken.

It's not hard to get, it's impossible if you have sold one already.

Abeonis
02-24-2011, 11:37 AM
Originally posted by Goalie_Master_8:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Abeonis:

Well Assassin's Creed II was a good game. If we went by your logic, we'd have an exact clone of that, nothing new.

It is broken, so it needs fixing. If someone sells the item at the beginning of the game, which they could likely do, not knowing the purpose of these items or the limited quantities, they cannot beat certain quests and cannot achieve full completion all because of one silly mistake at the beginning of the game. They may not realize until much later, making creating a new profile out of the question.
Regardless of fault, why is it

How are you supposed to know of this if you don't search for it online? Requiring players to search online isn't really great game design. Ever single thing in the game has hints, so why would they leave it out here?

It should be patched. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Erm, no, that's not my logic. You're saying they shouldn't improve features, I'm saying there is nothing wrong with it how it is.

I went through the entire game without selling any of my items, and that was before I even knew about the Seusenhofer armour, so it's not an issue of game mechanics. So once again, it's their fault they're not able to complete that particular quest, not the game's.

Also, we wouldn't have an exact clone, because it's an entirely different story set in a different location during a different time period.

Goalie_Master_8
02-24-2011, 12:33 PM
Originally posted by Abeonis:
I went through the entire game without selling any of my items, and that was before I even knew about the Seusenhofer armour, so it's not an issue of game mechanics. So once again, it's their fault they're not able to complete that particular quest, not the game's.

All the game tells you hen you try to sell them is that they give you money. It has no mention of possible consequences or the rarity.

You only find out about those much later in the game.

Basically, you were lucky that you never sold them. If you went to a merchant, there would be no mention of any harm that could come from selling them.

Rakudaton
02-24-2011, 01:25 PM

That is a stupid, ridiculous view.

Suppose you were playing a free-roam RPG game, and you came to a junction in a road you were following. You decided to go left. Then, twenty game-hours later, the game tells you "Oh, you're not allowed to do Quest X at all now, because you went left at that junction."

This is the same situation: a trivial, uninformed decision somewhere near the start of the game can make it impossible to reach 100% completeion. That in itself is a flaw. What makes it utterly inexcusable is that the game does not warn the player of this beforehand. There should at least be a pop-up whenever you're about to sell a quest item, telling you: "This item may be necessary for a shop quest. Are you sure you want to sell it?" Better yet, they could make the items unsellable.

The fact that you did not sell the items is hardly proof that the game mechanics are fine. The point is that OTHER people than you have found a game-breaking flaw. You were just lucky, not particularly insightful or clever -- after all, the game actually encourages the selling of such objects... that's what they're for, after all. Not everything revolves around you.

Ass4ssin8me
02-24-2011, 01:27 PM
Either way if they add a patch or not, you sold yours... A patch wont help...

Black_Widow9
02-24-2011, 01:28 PM
Please post this here-
Assassins Creed: Brotherhood feedback thread. (http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/5251069024/m/4821045298)
Thanks http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

<span class="ev_code_RED">Topic Closed</span>