PDA

View Full Version : Lexington in Coral Sea Battle

Blackdog5555
01-06-2005, 02:14 AM
everyone knows it was the Lex and Yorktown at Coral Sea. Ok, niether carrier are in the coral sea campaign, at least to take off from. (actually only a battle). I dont think the Yorktown is in the game but the Lex is (i think). My question is; is their a way to edit the campaign to include the Lexington? Im sure the answer probably is to just to "make my own" campaign...

Blackdog5555
01-06-2005, 02:14 AM
everyone knows it was the Lex and Yorktown at Coral Sea. Ok, niether carrier are in the coral sea campaign, at least to take off from. (actually only a battle). I dont think the Yorktown is in the game but the Lex is (i think). My question is; is their a way to edit the campaign to include the Lexington? Im sure the answer probably is to just to "make my own" campaign...

sapre
01-06-2005, 02:32 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Blackdog5555:
everyone knows it was the Lex and Yorktown at Coral Sea. Ok, niether carrier are in the coral sea campaign, at least to take off from. (actually only a battle). I dont think the Yorktown is in the game but the Lex is (i think). My question is; is their a way to edit the campaign to include the Lexington? Im sure the answer probably is to just to "make my own" campaign... <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
I'm playing IJN Fighter campaign and I see both Saratoga and Lexington in Coral Sea campaign...

Blackdog5555
01-06-2005, 02:32 PM
Yes, That's what is exactly what i said..The Lex is in the game but u can't choose it from the campaign menu when u want to fly from it (the Lex) Historically in the Battle of the Coral Sea. FYI The Saratoga wasn't in the Battle of the Coral Sea. I really dont think most people know or really care about historical accuracy for offline play. the history buffs are PO'ed while the the "sky quakers" are happy as a bunch of, whats a good word. Offline Campaigns are really pretty much of a joke in PF. The Games "Coral Sea Campaign" starts out two days before the battle flying around doing nothing and using non historical ships and scenarios. Pity, with a little work it could have been done right. So...I withdraw my question. (Yes, i already know The Yorktown is part of the big phoney Trademark Issue..)...Ill make my own Battle.. Cheers. Im a dot!

JG54_Lukas
01-07-2005, 01:15 AM
Copy the CoralSeaRed.mis file into your Missions directory, and then open it in the FMB. From there you can edit which ships will show up in the campaign. You can, for instance, replace the Saratoga with the Lexington or the generic US carrier, which is in fact a Lexington class CV without any identifying markings.

Blackdog5555
01-07-2005, 04:01 AM
Thanks Lukas