PDA

View Full Version : Do you know Walter U-Boot ?

U-875
10-06-2004, 04:20 PM
Hello,

Do you know the walter U-boot ? I think they are the formula one of the submariners !
Look: U-boot typ XVIIa can run 105 miles at 25 knots , 127 miles at 20 knots and 138 miles at 15 knots with the peroxyde turbine ! And this propulsion does the elimination of the noise of the propeler ! This is a furtive u-boot !
But his operationnel range is very short limiting the active area to north sea and to channel ! She had also four torpedo !
The typ XVIIb had an extended range to 180 miles at 20 knots !
Only seven units was tested in 1945 before the end of the war, and they were very interesting u-boot with a very modern form !

If you want more infos , ask me !

Chio !

U-875
10-06-2004, 04:20 PM
Hello,

Do you know the walter U-boot ? I think they are the formula one of the submariners !
Look: U-boot typ XVIIa can run 105 miles at 25 knots , 127 miles at 20 knots and 138 miles at 15 knots with the peroxyde turbine ! And this propulsion does the elimination of the noise of the propeler ! This is a furtive u-boot !
But his operationnel range is very short limiting the active area to north sea and to channel ! She had also four torpedo !
The typ XVIIb had an extended range to 180 miles at 20 knots !
Only seven units was tested in 1945 before the end of the war, and they were very interesting u-boot with a very modern form !

If you want more infos , ask me !

Chio !

Jose.MaC
10-07-2004, 12:57 AM
Yup, I know about them, Uboat net become handy: http://uboat.net/types/walter.htm

Even as warships, their fuel was pretty dangerous, so its development was soon abandoned after war.

The XXI class was developed after them.

By the way, I think russian torpedoes use hydrogen peroxide for their torpedoes. At least when Kursk sank, was said was due to an explosion of such unestables torpedoes.