PDA

View Full Version : How do you pick the target out of a crowd?

Synjin Savant2
05-04-2011, 03:22 AM
I haven't played much, but I am having the same thing happen to me every time I try blending in a group with characters that look like me. I'll see my assassin come up and without hesitation pass up all the duplicates and kill me. This even happens when I'm in disguise.

When I see my target standing next to a dupe, I haven't got a clue which one is which. What should I be looking for?

Is there some way for higher level players to pick out the target? If I had to guess, they are killing me and not the duplicates at least 85% of the time, so there's no way it's lucky guesses. How do they pick me out so ****ing accurately?

Ripe Claw
05-04-2011, 03:26 AM
Many times they have you locked before you even enter a blend group. Also they can tell by the spacing between the characters. Another way is by peeking around a corner and seeing which person lights up their compass. Some people fail to face the right way when they are blending too, which gives them away.

Almost everything just comes with experience and observation.

Oh by the way, when you pop a disguise it makes a sound on the other persons end, so if you are standing there with only one other npc that looked like you, and you pop disguise, when they walk up, they will know it isn't your npc look alike because they heard you put on the disguise.

Welcome to the forums.

persiateddy95
05-04-2011, 04:01 AM
Lots of times my targets go into blend groups when I'm locked onto them, which makes it useless for them to hide.

AntiChrist7
05-04-2011, 04:17 AM
all the above,

and there is a possibility they used templar vision, but you didn't see it.

Synjin Savant2
05-04-2011, 04:19 AM
A lot of the time this is happening after I've been blending for a long time, so it doesn't seem like lock-on is the issue. It must be either my positioning or the sound.

Positioning, I think I can work on, except when I'm walkking and blending... There's not much control you have over your positioning then, is there?

Does the sound happen for as long as you're in disguise, or just when it starts?

Telum-Dei
05-04-2011, 04:21 AM
Just when it starts.

They could be screening you easily as well, or watching to see your animation if it's active or not (sometimes you wont move in a static group, but ALL npc's do).

persiateddy95
05-04-2011, 04:29 AM
Line of sight is probably the answer. If you master it then most of the times you can always find your target. Also, if you use moving blend groups it gets harder for them to find you. But try to never be at the back of the group. And if there's only one NPC like you and he's leading the group don't go into it, because only NPCs can lead groups and if there's only one at the back then people will know it's you.

cptn_k
05-04-2011, 04:30 AM
Could also be using offensive decoy?

If you try to use decoy on a player, you will get a message like 'you can't use this ability on other players'.
If you don't get this message it's an NPC, so you just swap the lock until you find the other player, easy if there's only 2 personas look the same.

But mainly it will be experience and screening, knowing the little signs in the way you stand or blend while moving gives away the player.

AntiChrist7
05-04-2011, 04:48 AM
bes thing you can do is learn to defense yourself: smoke bomb and stun them. You have to learn to pick out other players who are after you.

Pay attention if they are using a fast walk, and whether they are coming straight for you. If i am walking towards a target, and my target towards me, i always make it look that we will just walk past each other. but offcours i lock him and when he is next me: Boom :P

Synjin Savant2
05-04-2011, 04:49 AM
Forgive the noob question, but what is 'screening?' Is that an ability or just observing skills?

persiateddy95
05-04-2011, 04:51 AM
Observing skills.

obliviondoll
05-04-2011, 04:55 AM
Originally posted by SynjinSavant2:
Forgive the noob question, but what is 'screening?' Is that an ability or just observing skills?
It's a specific technique.

When you're coming around a corner, the compass doesn't light up until the target and your character have an unobstructed view of one another.

If you walk around a corner watching the target's blend group, and look for the line of sight indication to either light up or turn out, then you can either pick the target out immediately or narrow it down to 2 almost every time (worst case you have 3 possible targets)

jonthom99
05-04-2011, 04:14 PM
Yep, these guys speak the truth.

More ways to avoid pursuers ( I know this isn't strictly related to the topic, but I thought it would be good.) are trying to keep an ear out for "whispers." Whispers are sounds that the game makes in the background when your pursuer is getting close. They aren't distinct words, but you can hear odd sounds. For more info, watch this video. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nzqdp0ZNSYM

There are also many videos on youtube you can watch (just look at the official video thread at the top of the thread)in order to get tips from the best players and how to pick out targets and escape/stun pursuers.

E-Zekiel
05-04-2011, 04:40 PM
I don't know how to explain it. Just really good observation skills an understanding of the human mind and accurately predicting it :x

I can count the number of times I've been killed by someone I didn't see coming on both hands. 99% of the time, if you kill me...Odds are, I saw you coming. I died either due to hesitation, or just not really having a way of stopping ya.

Occido Lumen
05-04-2011, 04:42 PM
Like everyone else said, but yopu can also smoke a group and then gentle push your way through. Whoever doesn't move is your target.

NerfSmerf
05-04-2011, 05:29 PM
Oh and another thing... it's incredibly easy to pick someone out from a bench. Two dead giveaways...

1. Positions- There are 2, hunched and straight. All personas (both NPC's and players)when they sit, start in hunched, then switch to straight, then hunched, ect... If a pursuer knows you just rounded a corner, they can tell who you are by position.

2. NPC's can't sit still- Well if you thought the last one was bad, this one's the killer. This is why I'll only sit on a bench if I've no other choice (or panic http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_razz.gif.) This is somethng I can't really explain... you just have to see it. NPC's sitting on your bench will generally AT THE SAME TIME, stand, and then sit within .5 seconds of standing. You, as a player, can't do this. I don't know how to say it other than that... you'll know how bad of a giveaway it is once you see it. Trust me, it's the No 1 most obvious NPC related giveaway there is. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/51.gif

YourInnate
05-04-2011, 07:48 PM
I'm consider myself really good at picking out players from blend groups, so here's a couple things I look for...

1. Npcs stand symmetrically. Players disrupt the symmetry. This is tough to start off, but the more you look for it, the easier it becomes.

2. Npcs in stationary blend groups move their hands quite often. Players move their hands at a cumulative pace. It is really far between each movement the les time they have been in the group and takes almost a full minute til they start moving their hands as frequently as npcs.

Ritzy-Cat
05-04-2011, 08:35 PM
1. Templar vision is an obvious one. assuming you're not staring right at your target you'd be able to see them easily.

2. Symmetry matters. If you notice a dude backwards, HELLUR

3. The game has a tendency to turn people around (for me at least) when they look behind them. That's a dead giveaway.

4. Corner-screening technique. It takes a bit of skill to pull this off without looking obvious, but walk around the corner and see when your compass lights up. In areas with pillars, (and your target is under the pillars) walk in a nearby moving blend group to see who it is.

5. This method works only on some people. If you have Hidden Gun, point it at a persona but do not shoot. Some bouncy players will run off, but more, er, knowledgeable players will do nothing.

6. Hand movements and bench patterns, someone explained this before i think

7. The layout of the blend groups. This is only workable in sometimes, but if you know how the player plays it will be helpful. If you sit and watch the group for while, if there's plenty of people there you can sort of see which one is the player. (this is a stationary blend group) Because unless the player does this on purpose, npcs tend to group together (as I see it, and I've been successful using this method, not sure if anyone else has!)

8. Most of the time in moving blend groups, players will take the spot in the back. If you have to guess, kill the persona in the back because the back is where people are commonly pushed back to when put in a blend group. But more skilled players can make it seem less obvious. This is mostly chance.

9. scream on microphone

indulgence82
05-04-2011, 09:19 PM
Originally posted by YourInnate:
I'm consider myself really good at picking out players from blend groups, so here's a couple things I look for...

1. Npcs stand symmetrically. Players disrupt the symmetry. This is tough to start off, but the more you look for it, the easier it becomes.

2. Npcs in stationary blend groups move their hands quite often. Players move their hands at a cumulative pace. It is really far between each movement the les time they have been in the group and takes almost a full minute til they start moving their hands as frequently as npcs.

One counter to the first issue is the walking shove with the circle(or b?) button. Often u can make the npc and not you into an odd position. The npcs often will stay put after you shove them leaving them in the middle or bunched up etc.

On moving blends players are the most often to get caught on objects, unless you manually walk(which is a bigger giveaway). Also I have lead a blend before. If I remember right I running shoulder blocked the lead npc and person behind him out and they walked off away from the blend. I occupied the 2nd position that would have been right behind the lead person thus leading the blend. Obviously it doesn't exactly work if your being watched but it is possible(and tough to pull off).

Ripe Claw
05-04-2011, 09:27 PM
Originally posted by indulgence82:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by YourInnate:

One counter to the first issue is the walking shove with the circle(or b?) button. Often u can make the npc and not you into an odd position. The npcs often will stay put after you shove them leaving them in the middle or bunched up etc.

On moving blends players are the most often to get caught on objects, unless you manually walk(which is a bigger giveaway). Also I have lead a blend before. If I remember right I running shoulder blocked the lead npc and person behind him out and they walked off away from the blend. I occupied the 2nd position that would have been right behind the lead person thus leading the blend. Obviously it doesn't exactly work if your being watched but it is possible(and tough to pull off). </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I have led a blend group as well(without manual control), but 99.837% of players say it can't happen.

SleezeRocker
05-04-2011, 09:29 PM
Also when you go in groups, try not standing next to a wall. These may happen:

-Opponent KNOWS who ou are, so they go on wall, hang, and take advantage for a focus kill
-Or above can happen but instead, uses Templar vision to seek you from above and when you least know it, SHANK!

So if posisble try not to hide near walls or in groups close to rooftop advantage over you http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

obliviondoll
05-04-2011, 11:19 PM
Originally posted by Ripe.Claw:
I have led a blend group as well(without manual control), but 99.837% of players say it can't happen.
I've seen someone doing it, but never done so myself.

I thought it was a glitch, but apparently it can happen if you're in the right place when the leader splits off.

I know when you kill the lead NPC in a group it breaks the blend though.

oORennoc92Oo
05-05-2011, 05:03 AM
If it's a non-moving crowd I usually walk past using stands or corners of buildings to try and elimante some of the numbers (it's a pain with morph crowds) but if its a moving crowd i aim for the ones at the back or middle cause people at the front are constantly getting pushed away by the npc leader.

E-Zekiel
05-05-2011, 05:54 AM
I've done it a few times but it is very very uncommon omg rum is awesome

PullThePin07
05-05-2011, 11:59 PM
all the above are great examples, but usually just walk straight at the crowd and 99% of the time they charge you or throw a smoke. Makes it obvious which one is which then.

But seriously, most of what has been said is right on target, and also needs tweaking in the next game to make things a bit harder. (opinion)

E-Zekiel
05-06-2011, 12:42 AM
With a pitchfork.

(Direct response to question)

Eldest219
05-07-2011, 01:27 PM
You see, I've heard it takes:

10% luck
20% skill
15% concentrated power of will
5% pleasure
50% pain

Or firecrackers.

Xz SyKoTiiK zX
05-07-2011, 02:10 PM
If my target is blended into a crowd, I look for the one that is doing no movement of the body or out of place. If it is a still crowd they are blended into, you will notice that the civilians or whatever you want to call them are making hand gestures and movements of the head. If you aren't making any movement of that sort, you stick out. When it comes to moving crowds, if my target is in a group of 4 + them, I always try going for the one in the middle because that is where it generally puts you when you blend into a moving group. My tactics don't always work but most of the time they do.

Citizen War
05-09-2011, 09:19 AM
You helped me pick them out, thanks.

PrismaticEcho
05-25-2011, 03:19 AM
This brings up a question that I had about locking onto people. If the red triangle is lit up for me (indicating my killer is nearby), does that mean that I'm actually in his sight, locked onto, or neither of those?

cptn_k
05-25-2011, 04:35 AM
Originally posted by PrismaticEcho:
This brings up a question that I had about locking onto people. If the red triangle is lit up for me (indicating my killer is nearby), does that mean that I'm actually in his sight, locked onto, or neither of those?

The red triangle means your pursuer is in high profile in your line of sight.
They may or may not have the lock on, and may or may not have actually seen you, but their main mistake is that they didn't let go of high profile before coming into your line of sight, making them captain obvious.

Use it to your advantage - it's a free 'here I am' sign for you to target and stun your pursuer.

sidewinter1490
05-25-2011, 05:14 AM
I mostly pick my targets like this
- if they fast-walk, it's obvious
- if they run it's even more obvious and you can easily put a lock on them
- if they change blend groups often
- if they do short bursts of jogging (not sprinting) >> i actually do this too sometimes, I let my pursuer know who I am on purpose, so I too will know who's after me so I can counter them better; unless they are really good at not giving away their presence

I suggest you use firecrackers (they are good on both exposing your target and blinding your pursuers, if you time it right) or Charge (you become a "heat seeking missile and kill your target in a blend group AND you can surprise and stun pursuers)

WyndsofWar
05-25-2011, 07:29 AM
It alll basicallly boils down to your knowledge of the map. It ties into the strategy I use for picking out my target out of a blend group. Stationary blend groups are more of a pain to deal with. I employ the line of sight technique, using corners to find my target. Stationary groups suck cuz you look more ovious when wallking out of a corner and back again to pinpoint your target. If anything, I will turn back and approach from a different angle to avoid being pinpointed as a pursuer. If you round a corner multiple times, you've given yourself away. Moving blend groups I find easier, since I can predict where they generally will go, and run around to a spot where I can approach from in front. Approaching and following your target will get you stunned, since the whispers alert your target that youre close, and all they have to do is look out for that persona whose b-lining it to them. Most ppl look behind them first, so if you approach from the front without making a straight line for your target, its money in the bank. Usually moving groups will walk around corners one at a time, and if you approach from the front, your compass will light up the moment your target rounds that corner.

If your trying to blend better for a good chance at a lure, make sure you take corners at the same time as your double, making it hard for your pursuer to distinguish which ones which. Make sure to keep in mind the angles your group will be moving around. Think where your pursuer would be and make it difficult for them.

Personaly, I prefer moving blend groups. I use them to flush out my pursuers and stun every chance I get. If your lag is minimal, you could also get a lure/stun combo from one pursuer, but its all a matter of timing. Pursuers are usually easy to spot. If they're smart and don't run up to your location ( resulting in a dead-giveaway red arrow ), look for the persona whoos walking alone or straight at you. If you hear whispers and see someone who stopped jogging/running around the corner too late, don't hesitate and hit that mute/smoke/firecrackers and go for a stun. Lacking those abilities, bail, and bail hard lol. Ill run for map corners, circle around the map edges, or cut right through the middle of the map if I feel I have my pursuers corraled behind me. If I have multiple pursuers, ill hit the rooftops and wait for the first persona to climb up, run at him, and hit that mute to get a stun.

I know I kinda veered off topic a lil (ok maybe a lot lol) but I feel some of these points will help in player defensive abilities.

PrismaticEcho
05-25-2011, 10:23 AM
Thanks, Capt!

i2eign_DoVVn
05-25-2011, 10:54 AM
First, you need to be attacking targets from Above. ALMOST ALWAYS GO FOR AERIALS UNLESS YOU ARE USING POISON Or SMOKE ON OFFENSE!!!!!!!!!!

Use the line of sight on your compass and lock the target in his walking group when he shows up around the corner and our compass says its him. Put the focus acrobatic on the guy and slap down on his face!

Archybad
05-25-2011, 11:01 AM
Easy tip for picking out your target on a bench. If you jog round a corner, every nearby NPC on a bench will stand up and sit back down. Use this to get a lock, then go and deal with him.

ANTRON77
05-25-2011, 01:51 PM
Originally posted by whattafool:
Easy tip for picking out your target on a bench. If you jog round a corner, every nearby NPC on a bench will stand up and sit back down. Use this to get a lock, then go and deal with him.

Interesting. What do you mean by jog? High profile or fast walk?

rocketxsurgeon
05-25-2011, 02:00 PM
The answer is simple. Any persona not in a talking annimation in a crowd is a player. Many people fail to blend themselves properly into a crowd, and just stay in a stand annimation, which is really obvious- NPCs don't do this.

StarScream391
05-25-2011, 02:02 PM
Originally posted by rocketxsurgeon:
The answer is simple. Any persona not in a talking annimation in a crowd is a player. Many people fail to blend themselves properly into a crowd, and just stay in a stand annimation, which is really obvious- NPCs don't do this.
This, glad I'm not the only who knows about this technique...

rocketxsurgeon
05-25-2011, 02:06 PM
Originally posted by StarScream391:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by rocketxsurgeon:
This, glad I'm not the only who knows about this technique... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah, its very common for people to overlook something so simple. No abilities required, and very useful on defence.

persiateddy95
05-25-2011, 02:09 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by StarScream391:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by rocketxsurgeon:
This, glad I'm not the only who knows about this technique... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah, its very common for people to overlook something so simple. No abilities required, and very useful on defence. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Rare are the times people do this. Only noobs do would fail at blending...

E-Zekiel
05-25-2011, 02:11 PM
... You guys are serious about the talking? lol........................................

NPCs do not do the talking animation 100% of the time. I used to subscribe to the OMG IF THEY'RE NOT TALKING STAB THEM mindset but I got way too many misses because of it.

If you're going to do that, you have to stand and watch them for at least like 15 seconds which is a waste of time imo.

StarScream391
05-25-2011, 02:11 PM
Yeah, its very common for people to overlook something so simple. No abilities required, and very useful on OFFENSE.

rocketxsurgeon
05-25-2011, 02:16 PM
Originally posted by StarScream391:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Yeah, its very common for people to overlook something so simple. No abilities required, and very useful on OFFENSE. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That too star (:
But if you can blend in better, people who know about this method will be less likely to pick you out (:

Archybad
05-25-2011, 02:18 PM
Originally posted by ANTRON77:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by whattafool:

Interesting. What do you mean by jog? High profile or fast walk? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
I think it has to be high profile but I'm not entirely sure. I don't mean sprint round the corner, just make sure you let go right as you round the corner so you're still moving quicker than walk.

I don't actually know whether this is legit, but everytime I've used it it's worked out. Just make sure you go in on a roof, offensive smoke, activate disguise round the corner etc. because it pretty much gives away who you are.

rocketxsurgeon
05-25-2011, 02:21 PM
Originally posted by persiateddy95:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by StarScream391:

Yeah, its very common for people to overlook something so simple. No abilities required, and very useful on defence. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Rare are the times people do this. Only noobs do would fail at blending... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Actually, i come across people doing this very often. It's surprising the number of people who just walk into the group and stand there. Just because your in a blend, doesn't mean the talk annimation will kick in, you have to position yourself correctly. I get most of my kills from blended players this way when both of my abilities are on cooldown and you can't object block clearly.

@ E-Zekiel- No NPCs don't do it 100% of the time, but its the majority of the time. I have got so many kills due to people not blending correctly. If you're a smart player, you won't stand there like an idiot in their line of sight.

rocketxsurgeon
05-25-2011, 02:25 PM
Originally posted by whattafool:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ANTRON77:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by whattafool:

Interesting. What do you mean by jog? High profile or fast walk? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
I think it has to be high profile but I'm not entirely sure. I don't mean sprint round the corner, just make sure you let go right as you round the corner so you're still moving quicker than walk.

I don't actually know whether this is legit, but everytime I've used it it's worked out. Just make sure you go in on a roof, offensive smoke, activate disguise round the corner etc. because it pretty much gives away who you are. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

This sounds interesting, i'll have to try this out next time i have a target on a bench.

ANTRON77
05-25-2011, 02:33 PM
This sounds interesting, i'll have to try this out next time i have a target on a bench.

Especially would be helpful in Assassinate. I find alot of people use the bench to wait for someone to come around the corner and target them. The bencher has a huge advantage here but with this trick you can drop the smoke and go for the kill or stun if they have you targeted.

Orobas88
05-25-2011, 03:18 PM
Speaking of giveaways, does anyone else have a problem with moving blends derping out when they join them? It happens pretty frequently to me. If there are multiple groups with my persona in them just look for the moving one in which all of the personas are barely moving, turning around, bumping each other, etc. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/shady.gif

Does anyone have tips for how to prevent this?

cptn_k
05-25-2011, 07:26 PM
Originally posted by Orobas88:
Speaking of giveaways, does anyone else have a problem with moving blends derping out when they join them? It happens pretty frequently to me. If there are multiple groups with my persona in them just look for the moving one in which all of the personas are barely moving, turning around, bumping each other, etc. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/shady.gif

Does anyone have tips for how to prevent this?

Hmm, can't say I've had this often.

If you mean the group slows and does strange things making you stand out because of your faster movements, then when you first join the group let go of the movement stick, you will automatically behave and move like the group - if they go slow, you will.

If you mean the group breaks up or you drop out of the group as they move, it could be if the lead NPC drops out (the group breaks then), or if you are on the far outside and the group passes an obstacle you can get stuck on the obstacle and drop from the group.
I would suggest trying to join the group from the front, let go of the movement stick as soon as you enter by the lead NPC - you will usually be slotted in just behind or in the centre and the group will carry on with you better blended.
If you can't enter from the front, then make sure you push your way to the back of the front NPC, then let go, again you should stay central.

Hope this helps.

E-Zekiel
05-25-2011, 11:36 PM
What causes it to fail is generally going from high profile to low profile and blending in rapid succession. Haven't nailed down specifically what causes it, but that's the general idea.

Anyway, my point is that you can't rely on it and have to watch the crowd for too long to confirm for this to really be an effective method. Unless, of course, you have no qualms with missing your enemy and giving them a +100 lure. Too each their own I guess.

Orobas88
05-26-2011, 12:05 AM
It happens when I join and then let them autopilot, except they just turn around and do dumb things to make it really obvious there's a player in that group.

I usually join moving groups from the side though so I'll try it from the front and see if that helps.

Thanks!

WyndsofWar
05-26-2011, 07:12 AM
I'm reluctant to post this, since I use it often and it works 98% of the time. This tactic only works on standing blend groups.

If your target is in a standing blend group, use the lock on function. NPC's immediately stop their hand waving and stand straight as a board. Its preety obvious when you observe it. A player in the standing group who gets locked on will continue to wave their arms around and tilt their heads in talking animation. Dead to rights at that point lol.

I say 98% of the time cuz its not foolproof. I have had (very few mind you) instances where all the NPC's continue talking animation after lock on, and at that point its a crapshoot. I've given myself away by trying to "lock n walk", so ill just walk in and sprint the last 2 or 3 steps to kill the persona I guess is my target. That's more of a 50/50 success rate. If there is a pile of hay or a bush nearby, and the NPC's all continue talk animation or all stop after lock on, I head for the hiding spot. If no ones home and the blended target is still in the group (my backup plan was to scare my target after I jump in the bush and watch them run away and cut them off elsewhere), I once again just simply guess and go for it.

When I guess I don't hesitate, cuz if I do, I usually get rewarded with a pair of lungs full of smoke, a punch to face, gravel in my mouth and boot to the head. Better to give your target a 100 point lure than a 200 point stun and another player a grounded bonus.

YourInnate
05-26-2011, 07:57 AM
The lock trick was removed. You can no longer get npcs to drop their hands by locking.

Archybad
05-26-2011, 11:43 AM
Turns out the bench trick either works only as you enter their LoS for the first time, doesn't work, or is just inconsistent. Tried it a couple of times today and it didn't work either time.

So what I'm saying is, don't actively use it, just note when 2 benched NPCs stand and the 3rd doesn't, that they're probably your target.

WyndsofWar
05-26-2011, 02:47 PM
Originally posted by YourInnate:
The lock trick was removed. You can no longer get npcs to drop their hands by locking.

I stand corrected. Guess that what happens when you take a break from the game, your outta the loop.

CrazyShrapnel
05-26-2011, 02:52 PM
Hey Alex... Shrapnel vision > morph. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Line of sight is a wonderful thing... but it makes my firecrackers gather dust. I still don't have that 'Use FCs on morphed groups' challenge since I don't even need them half the time. <sub>And 75 is too much.</sub>

Pirate_PL
05-26-2011, 03:16 PM
I think nobody mentioned lag. Which is a dead giveaway, and you can't usually tell if you're lagging or not.

In moving groups your character movements appear glitchy or jerky, you can be moving forwards and backwards constantly etc. In stationary groups you may appear facing a different way than you see on your screen.

Smavey
05-26-2011, 03:25 PM
One thing to note: A lot of the time I figure out who my target is because they are moving and trying to adjust to be in a spot as described by all of the previous posts!

Pirate_PL
05-26-2011, 04:21 PM
Well, sometimes it's better to adjust and risk getting spotted than to stand out at get spotted for sure http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif