PDA

View Full Version : Quality/Graphics concerning AC2.

noxauthority
11-28-2009, 01:06 PM
Hi, I am a big fan of the Assassin's Creed series.

I loved the first one, mainly for the gameplay and the quality in the game.

But when I first bought Assassin's Creed 2, I was very excited into playing this game because of all the videos I've seen.
The graphics in the videos I've seen were about the same as the first Assassin's Creed.

But as soon as I started Assassin's Creed 2, the first thing I noticed is that the quality/graphics were not the same as I saw in the trailers and the first Assassin's Creed.
It seems like it's been put on Low Quality or something like that.
I have an Xbox 360, but I don't know if its the same issue for PC or PS3 users.
The content, storyline, gameplay, and everything else in the game is phenomenal.
The only thing that is killing me is the graphics.
When I searched up stuff like this on the internet, I barely found someone complaining about the game's quality.
The game was a big dissapointment for me when I realized the poor quality in this game, because it deserves to be the same quality as the first Assassin's Creed.
Please tell me, if there is a way to change this in my settings or something.. otherwise this game was certainly not worth 60 dollars.

hicks1586
11-28-2009, 02:04 PM
The graphics looks great to me on my Xbox, I don't expect all the textures to be high quality for a large sandbox game. But they seem the same to me as AC1, maybe a few textures are poor but others are pretty good, and the game certainly doesn't look bad.

You think the game, storyline and content are phenomenal but the game isn't worth it because you think the graphics are worse than it's predecessor...k

An_Idea
11-28-2009, 02:13 PM
the only thing, the single thing i found fault in this amazing game were the graphics for the cut scenes, they really do look like they came from a ps2 game, but it hardly hurts this masterpiece http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_razz.gif

Captain Tomatoz
11-28-2009, 02:21 PM
i thought the graphics looked better than ac1 (except the cutscene)

TxL7833
11-28-2009, 03:46 PM
Just out of curiosity, is your Xbox360 on HD 1080p or 1080i because my game looks great.

I think the graphics are fine and I cant really tell the difference.

Mind you I do play some really poor games on PC like Morrowind and that's really old and outdated.

caswallawn_2k7
11-28-2009, 03:54 PM
some of the textures are lower than in AC1 but AC2 uses a lot more textures to add more difference in locations and buildings (unlike AC1 were the same thing would be repeated every couple of windows) now when you throw in a lot more different textures and modes you need to compensate for the memory of the system, so some of the textures need to be reduced to allow the greater diversity that is in AC2.

saintdave18
11-28-2009, 04:54 PM
I found the graphics in general better than AC 1. The only thing that is inferior to the first game is the characters faces. Seems like they had to sacrifice textures on the face for better facial expressions and lip syncing.

noxauthority
11-28-2009, 05:01 PM
I can't believe no one agrees with me.
Seriously, if you look at the trailers and the back cover of the game, it shows the graphics are the exact same as the first Assassin's Creed.
But when you actually play the game, you can tell it's obvious that it's completely different especially in the cutscenes.
Sure it's a great game, but great graphics are really important too am I right?

Vozlov-3-0
11-28-2009, 05:24 PM
No.

Graphics are not 'really' important.

As long as the next AC isn't 8bit i'l be happy.

Confusious30
11-28-2009, 05:38 PM
Get a new TV.

Looks fine to me.

noxauthority
11-28-2009, 06:19 PM
Nothing's wrong with my TV or Xbox.

I'm using a fine Xbox, all my other games had no problem.
And I'm using an LCD 30' HD Flat screen.

That's not the issue, I'm just saying that Ubisoft didn't make the graphics all too well.
Maybe it's because they couldn't because of all the details they did in AC2.
All I know is, if they don't make their graphics better in AC3, then I give up.

phil.llllll
11-28-2009, 07:24 PM
Game looks great and a big improvement over the first, in my opinion. Fully dynamic lighting/day night cycle, HDR, much better water (it actually reflects) and characters look a bit better as well. Not as drastic as improvement as some games but a good one none the less.

ApocaLeepse
11-28-2009, 07:48 PM
Well I'm not flaming you or anything because it is your own opinion at the end of the day, but if they had to tone the graphics down a bit just to add in all that extra content, plus make it less repetitive, then I have no problem with that. Good graphics don't necessarily make a good game, although they do add to the immersion. Then again, so does quantity. And the quantity of this game is stunning.

IB_O_IR_ID_O
11-29-2009, 12:09 AM
Graphically, the only flaw I noticed were the flickering shadows. I did enjoy, though, watching the shadows move across the environment as the sun/moon rose and fell. I can only think of a few games that had that feature.

SWJS
11-29-2009, 02:57 AM
Graphics don't make the game. Gameplay does. Without gameplay, it'd essentially be a movie. If the game is:

A. Fun
B. Lasts A Long Time
C. Has a good compelling story
D. Has believable graphics

Then it is fine.

The graphics in AC2 were far above believable. Very seldom do you ever see real-life cities replicated down to their last nooks and crannies like AC2 does. I felt like I was literally in Italy. AC2 allowed me to relive the Renaissance in Italy. No other game lets you do that, especially not with AC2's graphical quality. AC2 = Win

BootBlade
11-29-2009, 03:18 AM
If graphics hurt your gaming experience, then go watch a movie.
Sure there are many games that have almost photo-realistic graphics EG. Uncharted 2, but developers should be more concerned about making the best interactive experience, such as Ubisoft has done so well over the past few years.

Black_Widow9
11-29-2009, 01:06 PM
Please post in one of the Feedback threads. (http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/5251069024/m/1581091808)
Thanks http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

<span class="ev_code_RED">Topic Closed</span>