PDA

View Full Version : People Who Have Wireless Joysticks Come HEre

IZT
12-04-2004, 12:35 AM
OK im planning to c if i should get a wireless cyborg evo or the normal version. Those of you who use wireless joystics or have experiences using them are they good??? Responsive??? Suitable for sims like these???

IZT
12-04-2004, 12:35 AM
OK im planning to c if i should get a wireless cyborg evo or the normal version. Those of you who use wireless joystics or have experiences using them are they good??? Responsive??? Suitable for sims like these???

TPN_Cephas
12-04-2004, 07:56 AM
I was using the Logitech Wingman Cordless but have gone back to using a top quality CH stick.

Logitech has disabled their calibration ability in windows and the stick was constantly developing a lean to the left. I browsed the forums and found this to be a common problem. You can unplug it and replug it while holding buttons 7 and 8 to reset it, but it does not stay cenetered long, and you sure can't do that in game.

After about 6 months I started getting control spikes also.

The battery saving mode gets pretty obnoxious too, after sitting a couple minutes it shuts down and you have to press a button to wake it up, which takes a couple seconds. When bombing or after watching your friends in F2 when you've died it is always a pain when the stick does not respond at first.

As much as I liked not having a cord attached it became clear to me it was not worth the hassle. Besides you still need a cable leading to the reciever unit, which is another item that clutters your desk.

In use though it was not a bad stick, not as precise by a fair shot as a CH Stick. You can get a CH Products 568 Combatstick for around $70 at provantage.com which is not much more money and it has many more features (less rudder though), but of course it is corded.

Good luck finding a stick you like.

DxyFlyr
12-04-2004, 08:12 AM
I've been using the Logitech Freedom 2.4 for several months now with no problems. Works great for me.

I have, every now and then, forgotten to "wake it up" after a coop starts. You have to press a button for it to return from suspension mode after some inactivity (such as waiting for a coop to start). Running down the runway at 120kph is not the time to find out your joystick is in suspension mode. It takes maybe a full second for the stick to kick in after pressing a button. ...a valuable second when corrective rudder is needed.

Its really not a big deal. A few embarassing takeoffs have encouraged me to remember to wake up the ole stick.

I was worried that it might suspend while I was in-game. But it's never done that. So that has never been a problem.

Texas LongHorn
12-04-2004, 08:17 AM
IZT, I have both the wired and wireless version of the Saitek EVO. I use the wireless version when I play the sim on my projector (PF is awesome on a six foot screen and full out home theater system!) The wireless EVO is a top notch product and doesn't really have any competition in my mind. It works great, is quite precise, and has a HUGE range. Mine works up to about twenty five or thirty feet away, although in actual practice it's only about twelve feet away or so. I also use a Logitech wireless keyboard and mouse when playing away from the desk. All the best, LongHorn

BSS_CUDA
12-04-2004, 09:20 AM
I have the Logitech freedom 2.4. as joysticks go its very good in feel and response. it has a good heavy feel to it and the buttons are very ergonomic. now what I dont like about it. it has a tendency to be a battery hog, also if it goes to sleep when your plane is in flight or on the deck it can be a pain. there have been more than a couple of time I went to pull a trigger and found my stick had gone to sleep and nothing happened, to make matters worse when it did wake up I was taking evasive action and now my stick is trying to calibrate itself while I'm jerking it all over, its not a pretty sight. I've just gotten in the habit of hitting a button every once in a while and there is little problems after that. over all I would say that the cordless stick is nice the pluses out weigh the minuses. just my $.02

cenkog
12-05-2004, 04:08 PM
I have a cordless Logitech Freedom 2.4 JS & I highly recommend this JS to everyone .It is really an excellent JS in my opinion ... Buy it , you wont be disappointed ...

Charlie_52ndVFW
12-05-2004, 05:10 PM
We've used the Evo Wireless quite a bit and have a review on our site if you want to read more about it.

We like it.