PDA

View Full Version : Dora vs TA vs Anton

Acersales
02-17-2007, 10:18 AM
Hello,

Which of these three planes do you consider to be better for B&Z at 5000m?? consider speed, climbing, armament...

VW-IceFire
02-17-2007, 10:59 AM
Definitely the D-9 is the best performer. You didn't mention which Ta-152...that will make it harder for folks to decide. The Ta-152H-1 is quite good at 5000m as well...gets better as it goes up. The Ta-152C is more of a pure destroyer with its heavy firepower.

Brain32
02-17-2007, 11:33 AM
Ta152's actually have a usable gunsight so there's your answer, as for the plane performance itself at 5000m I would choose the FW190D9

Marcel_Albert
02-17-2007, 11:41 AM
It has to be the Dora , but all FW-190's are built for energy fight , they keep well their energy , dive fast , all of them have plenty of elevator authority at high speed and great firepower which makes them deadly when they perform hit and run strategies , IMO , it's the best planes to perform the "boom and zoom" with the Tempest and P-47 , there's no better tactic possible with these planes AFAIK . the front view of the 190 isn't perfect (with the bar ) though for high deflection shots , unless you're good at shooting deflection shots upside down at very high speed , but it's not a big problem when you get used to the bird , you approach the target in a way to minimize the problem http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Acersales
02-17-2007, 12:05 PM
thanks for your answers http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

the thing I hate about FW is the deflection. When trying to shoot a plane (i.e. a hurricane) and you going from up to down at 700km/h... its impossible to even see the plane.

That is why, when i get desesperate, recurr to Ctrl + F1.

Ok... and which one do u prefer, the Anton 9, or Dora 9??ONe has much greater firepower, and other is a faster one (isnt it?)

Thanks!!

Marcel_Albert
02-17-2007, 12:26 PM
The Anton 9 can carry the "shräge musik", the Mk108 that is a 30 mm with many explosive shells and fairly high rate of fire for this caliber , it is unmatched as a bomber killer on the axis side .

It's in pure performance , the best of Antons (A9 has a noticeably better climbrate and slightly better speed ) , although when i fly it , i don't use the Mk108 because it makes the plane heavier , and the four 20mm are more than enough http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

A5/6 and A9 are the best Anton you can fly as a fighter in 1944 , A8 is slightly faster at low alt than A5/6 , but considerably worse at high altitude , not to mention that it had more armour and was thus heavier with a worse accel than A5 , but of course more solid .

Well the Dora in my opinion , is the best late war fighter overall we have in IL-2 , because it's very good at all altitudes , one of the fastest if not the fastest overall , it accelerates very well and is extremely strong in vertical manoeuvres thanks to a very good rate of climb but especially fantastic ability to keep its energy and great punch , handling at all speeds (except very low speeds) and manoeuvrability , it was an awesome plane in real life . It's by far better than the Antons in pure performance if you use it in the fighter role .
The advantage of Antons is that they can carry bombs ( in real life the Dora could carry bomb too , Rudel flew it ) in game , but mainly their superior firepower over the D-9 , other than that i see no advantage from Antons over Doras and that is normal since the Dora appear much later toward August-September 1944 .

Art-J
02-17-2007, 01:21 PM
Originally posted by Marcel_Albert:
The Anton 9 can carry the "shräge musik", the Mk108 that is a 30 mm with many explosive shells and fairly high rate of fire for this caliber , it is unmatched as a bomber killer on the axis side .

The "shräge musik" expression ("oblique/slanted music") was used only for fixed cannons mounted behind pilot's cockpit and shooting up at certain angle, towards bombers flying above (hence the name). Different types of cannons were mounted this way, not only 30mm, mostly on German twin engine heavy fighters (although Japanese copied the idea in their planes as well).

Cheers - Art