PDA

View Full Version : Forcing a den defence?

Inorganic9_2
12-01-2011, 02:34 AM
Is there any way to get the Templars to attack you? I've heard of people complaining they get attacked before they can bribe enough heralds, but I've been at 100% awareness for a long time, and have even got into open conflict during that time. Alas, still no attack. Is there anything I can do (short of wait for the random gangs of Byzantines to attack me as I walk around the city - far too rare - or attacking another den) to force the attack?

EzioAssassin51
12-01-2011, 03:44 AM
Originally posted by Inorganic9_2:
Is there any way to get the Templars to attack you? I've heard of people complaining they get attacked before they can bribe enough heralds, but I've been at 100% awareness for a long time, and have even got into open conflict during that time. Alas, still no attack. Is there anything I can do (short of wait for the random gangs of Byzantines to attack me as I walk around the city - far too rare - or attacking another den) to force the attack?

If you've done the master assassin missions for all of the dens (part 2 that is, for level 15), then you've locked all of the dens to stop attacks. This might be your problem...

E-Zekiel
12-01-2011, 04:48 AM
Originally posted by EzioAssassin51:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Inorganic9_2:

If you've done the master assassin missions for all of the dens (part 2 that is, for level 15), then you've locked all of the dens to stop attacks. This might be your problem... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yep, and since the masters that you can assign to dens are the story-based ones, they can't be killed if you deliberately send them on a mission that'll fail....

anyway, to the original question. No, not really. Just build your notoriety till your meter's full and wait, passing time while waiting however you please. I just sit around and read, usually, or work on guild challenges. Whatever I do, I prefer not to get into guard conflicts (after becoming notorious) as they can potentially delay my response to the attack.

As a note, completing a den defense erases your notoriety completely and you will have to raise it again.

Inorganic9_2
12-01-2011, 06:05 AM
I've found that I have to do something notorious in order to force an attack. This is my second play through, and I've always had to do something rather than wait. Getting into open conflict with a couple of Byzantines usually works. I've found that purchasing a landmark worked too. (note: I have 0 master assassins yet; I'm still pretty early in the game).

I might just go for it and kill a den leader.

E-Zekiel
12-01-2011, 06:20 AM
I think they can still contest the den if they're not master assassins.

Not 100% on the rules, though. Before deliberately triggering dens for the assassin challenges, I never had a single defense, aside from the one in the story, because I always kept my notoriety low.

Also...Fun thing to do when notorious, if you're a nice guy like me. Instead of paying criers? Walk up. Grab. Headbutt, uppercut, knee to face. Knocks them out http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_razz.gif They shut up, but you lose no notoriety or coin. Hooray!

ProdiGurl
12-01-2011, 06:24 AM
Originally posted by Inorganic9_2:
I've found that I have to do something notorious in order to force an attack. This is my second play through, and I've always had to do something rather than wait. Getting into open conflict with a couple of Byzantines usually works. I've found that purchasing a landmark worked too. (note: I have 0 master assassins yet; I'm still pretty early in the game).

I might just go for it and kill a den leader.

Really strange, I'm just now in Seq. 3 on my 2nd go-thru and I'm being contested every time I turn around !
I didn't have this problem at all in my first run. I had a total of 3 DD's.
In this game so far, I've had 5 and lost 4 of them. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/compsmash.gif

By the time I get a 2nd official to take out, I'm contested already.
I'm glad I'm playing this a 2nd time so now I can experience what other people are complaining about. I just didn't have this problem the first time.

Inorganic9_2
12-01-2011, 06:31 AM
I even managed to get into a fight with 4 Ottoman elites (I strayed into a Templar area while they were around) and still my I was never contested. I also got into open conflict (on purpose) with an official and his two bodyguards...still not contested! I've been wandering round the map for over half an hour and I'm still not contested anywhere. I like den defence, at least now and again, and it's getting frustrating haha.

S-EVANS
12-01-2011, 11:06 AM
Never stop attacking guards, if you can attack them in a red zone... just make sure your always killing as many as you can as often as you can whilst your nototiry is maxed out, the palace of sulimen is a good starting point... take your time and play with the enemy a little, disarm and drop they weapon let em pick it back up stay in conflict as long as you can and kill on a regular basis....

in the street repeat it and walk around as you fight to attract more guards your way, and in a video i seen follow falkos example and use bombs to get a big group together then start your attack...

jmk1999
12-01-2011, 01:16 PM
i actually had to force one myself. i'm not a fan of den defense–AT ALL–but i wanted to get the achievement for 3 den defenses. i knew playing through the game that if i didn't let my templar awareness max out i could go through the entire game without a den defense... so basically, i did just the opposite... kill as many guards as possible and buy up properties until you get an alert. i found out that if you don't have many locked dens, you'll end up getting a bunch of the dens contested at once. when i failed and got only 2 out of the 5 contested dens successfully won, i waited until i locked all but a couple of the dens and then forced it again. this seemed to work out nicely with minimal den defense mini games. unfortunately, as stated above by others, if you've already locked all of your dens, you won't be able to get them contested again. they're permanently locked.

ProdiGurl
12-01-2011, 01:26 PM
i found out that if you don't have many locked dens, you'll end up getting a bunch of the dens contested at once.

Yep I just learned that lol

freddie_1897
12-01-2011, 02:09 PM
I assume none of you realise that by getting all of your dens locked by training all master assassins to level 15, the challenge gets completed automatically? So you don't have to do ANY den defence if you don't want too.

E-Zekiel
12-01-2011, 04:10 PM
Originally posted by freddie_1897:
I assume none of you realise that by getting all of your dens locked by training all master assassins to level 15, the challenge gets completed automatically? So you don't have to do ANY den defence if you don't want too.

I did not realize this. Thanks for posting - gonna go ahead and finish my last two assassins then, as from an in-character perspective, Ezio'd not be letting these shenanigans go on and go killing guards just to be notorious http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_razz.gif

AnthonyA85
12-01-2011, 06:11 PM
Ok note to self:

"Do not lock out all of the dens"

That said, i'll probably lock out Galata, Bazaar and one other, the other four i'll probably leave free.

I like having my noteriety maxed out, what can i say, i like the attention. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_razz.gif

HardlineSmile
01-14-2012, 11:45 PM
They should make the den defense a mini game or at least make a quickplay mode for it