PDA

View Full Version : Assassin's Creed is turn out to be a disappointment.



MihuraL
08-06-2010, 05:30 PM
I am mostly a PC gamer and I am really disappointed with the way ubisoft is treating is customers.

I use to love assassin's creed, prince of Persia and ubisoft as a company but now they seem to make so must wrong decision.

Even with the stupid DRM I bought their games, even with the awful port and low FPSs. What I am suppose to think, they just do not care.

Even now with the PS3 beta exclusive, what are they doing? it was not more logic to test for bugs with all the devices why only one, is this only for the money? and what about the quality of the product? I guess they just do not want me to buy their games, fine I am of to bioware forums and steam.

primerib69
08-06-2010, 05:37 PM
Thanks for sharing your opinion...

If you want to rant again, do it somewhere else.

And welcome to the forums

MihuraL
08-06-2010, 05:42 PM
Originally posted by primerib69:
Thanks for sharing your opinion...

If you want to rant again, do it somewhere else.

And welcome to the forums

well where I am suppose to say that I am disappoint with the way the franchising is going? isn't this the forum for AC did you played the PC version of AC 2 most of my claims are true. They did not put time on the PC version at all and as a customer I have any right to voice my opinion I bet if the opinions were good you wouldn't had say that.

primerib69
08-06-2010, 05:46 PM
Originally posted by mihura:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by primerib69:
Thanks for sharing your opinion...

If you want to rant again, do it somewhere else.

And welcome to the forums

well where I am suppose to say that I am disappoint with the way the franchising is going? isn't this the forum for AC did you played the PC version of AC 2 most of my claims are true. They did not put time on the PC version at all and as a customer I have any right to voice my opinion I bet if the opinions were good you wouldn't had say that. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Bro no one wants to hear you complain about the game.

MihuraL
08-06-2010, 05:53 PM
Originally posted by primerib69:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by mihura:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by primerib69:
Thanks for sharing your opinion...

If you want to rant again, do it somewhere else.

And welcome to the forums

well where I am suppose to say that I am disappoint with the way the franchising is going? isn't this the forum for AC did you played the PC version of AC 2 most of my claims are true. They did not put time on the PC version at all and as a customer I have any right to voice my opinion I bet if the opinions were good you wouldn't had say that. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Bro no one wants to hear you complain about the game. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

LOL ok but I wasn't writing this for you believe me, if you do not want to hear it do not read it simple. I am not going to put more posts either way, this is just my opinion of things.

RipYourSpineOut
08-06-2010, 05:57 PM
First, welcome to the forums.

When you come to talk down about the game, sometimes, it's a BAD idea to talk about it on the forums, where most likely, a lot of people like the game, and will not appreciate it. It's not that we don't want to hear your opinion. It's just that we're tired of hearing the same one. Plenty of PC gamers playing AC2 have made posts complaining about the DRM, or the framerate, or the controls. You guys just need to deal with it, or perhaps by a better computer, if that is necessary.


On another note, it seems like some of the PC users can NEVER be satisfied. For Pete's sake, first we had people complaining about the delay, and when it finally comes, you complain about how suckish it is.

SBRedFlag
08-06-2010, 09:51 PM
I think it's completely ok for the OP to talk about his opinions here. He has a perfectly legitimate argument, and shouldn't be shot down just because you don't feel like hearing it. Give everyone the chance to speak, I say, as long as it has some substance to it. Primerib, lay off him/her, it's no big deal, k?

primerib69
08-06-2010, 11:40 PM
Originally posted by sbredflag:
I think it's completely ok for the OP to talk about his opinions here. He has a perfectly legitimate argument, and shouldn't be shot down just because you don't feel like hearing it. Give everyone the chance to speak, I say, as long as it has some substance to it. Primerib, lay off him/her, it's no big deal, k?

Aight aight my bad. Sorry OP I just hate how people rant. But you definetly have all the right to do so, and as I said before, no one is stopping you. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/25.gif

jimbo11235813
08-07-2010, 02:49 AM
Originally posted by mihura:Even now with the PS3 beta exclusive, what are they doing? it was not more logic to test for bugs with all the devices why only one, is this only for the money? and what about the quality of the product? I guess they just do not want me to buy their games, fine I am of to bioware forums and steam. I can't say much about the PC version (I have a rubbish computer), but about the beta. Calm down. Its not as if they aren't testing it on the others themselves. There may be something about the PSN that they need to test, or that PS3 is having the most problems or has had the most problems (I don't know the real reasons). Just don't worry about the beta, they are testing the others themselves, I'm sure.

Mr_Shade
08-07-2010, 08:46 AM
Guys - there's no need to jump on people...


Some PC users have had issues with the game - I am lucky in that my very modest gaming PC, 460, runs it much better than some..

I have a GT250 - and never get frame drops much below 40FPS - with max details etc..

However some do have issues, so it's expected that some will be slightly upset - however this is not always fair to blame the game - since software setup is very important.


The public Beta, is not the only testing, but will be used for feedback etc.

Razrback16
08-09-2010, 06:50 AM
I just wish they would make the PC version first, then port to console. No reason to limit the PC graphics when the PC is capable of SO MUCH MORE than the consoles, especially with DX11 now. I have the PC version and it runs flawless (and looks incredible) on my gaming rig in 1920x1200 with 16AF/8XAA. For all PC users, I would recommend buying a usb controller though, as the game is designed to be used with a controller.

OP: I'd recommend staying away from STEAM. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif It has the same flaws as Ubi's current DRM. Servers go down, you're not downloading anything new, not going to play the games that require a connection, and if they go out of business, they're not going to release any patch -- that's just manager speak to get people to buy in.

Having said all that, AC2 f*ckin' rocks and is a gorgeous game. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif Hope Brotherhood drops to $20 quick for me on Amazon shortly after launch like AC2 did.

rupok2
08-09-2010, 07:14 AM
Originally posted by Mr_Shade:
Guys - there's no need to jump on people...


Some PC users have had issues with the game - I am lucky in that my very modest gaming PC, 460, runs it much better than some..

I have a GT250 - and never get frame drops much below 40FPS - with max details etc..

However some do have issues, so it's expected that some will be slightly upset - however this is not always fair to blame the game - since software setup is very important.


The public Beta, is not the only testing, but will be used for feedback etc.


I have GTS 250 but I experienced the frame drops as well. The TC is right. AC 2 is an awesome game but it was unoptimized. Some had high end rigs and would still experience problems. The DRM I can handle as long as the server stays online but these game performance issues should be looked at in AC Brotherhood. For AC2 they took a few more weeks to release it for PC but didn't fix the problems.

There are a lot of PC gamers that actually bought your game, especially more since your DRM wasn't hacked for almost a month. I also plan to Pre order AC Brotherhood but please Ubisoft try to put some focus into PC instead of just Consoles and you will get more love from us (PC gamers) eventually till many who think your DRM is a problem will overlook it.

THANKS for hearing me out.

Mr_Shade
08-09-2010, 10:24 AM
Very odd then...

My CPU = Q8300 4x 2.5 - with 4GB ram.. running windows 7 if that helps http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

But even so, everyone with performance issues - should report it to Support officially, since they can maybe track a trend and work on a fix, if one is needed.

SteelCity999
08-09-2010, 10:39 AM
First, PCs are not the future of gaming. As Mr Shade alluded to, there are to many variables that devs have to account for to get a game to run correctly. Just think about the different combos of hardware and software out there. I have a PS3 and a PC(laptop). My laptop runs AC2 pretty well but struggles with AC. My PS3 looks and plays almost the same as my laptop with AC2. In this era of cost control, it is much cheaper and easier to concentrate devs efforts on platforms that they know all of the variables and try to produce the best product they can. The next gen of consoles will almost effectively destroy PC gaming if they can produce the hardware cheap enough. And yes, everyone is entitled to their opinion as that is how things can get better for everyone.

rupok2
08-09-2010, 10:55 AM
Originally posted by SteelCity999:
First, PCs are not the future of gaming. As Mr Shade alluded to, there are to many variables that devs have to account for to get a game to run correctly. Just think about the different combos of hardware and software out there. I have a PS3 and a PC(laptop). My laptop runs AC2 pretty well but struggles with AC. My PS3 looks and plays almost the same as my laptop with AC2. In this era of cost control, it is much cheaper and easier to concentrate devs efforts on platforms that they know all of the variables and try to produce the best product they can. The next gen of consoles will almost effectively destroy PC gaming if they can produce the hardware cheap enough. And yes, everyone is entitled to their opinion as that is how things can get better for everyone.


No one said PC are the future but PC's are still here and there are still PC gamers. Just because consoles are the future doesn't give any developer rights to screw the pc gamers. There is no excuse for console ports of games. As you can see there are many multi platform games for PC with barely any issues(Batman AA, Mass Effect 2 just to name a few).

Instead of wasting their time on the DRM, their first priority should be fixing the bugs in game then do what the hell they want with DRM.

Just wait, I bet that the PC version of ACB will be delayed till 2011 and still have bugs.