PDA

View Full Version : 2 (only!) Noob Questions ......

aymestry
02-18-2005, 08:17 AM
Guys,
New to IL2 FB ....

Can you pls tell me

(1) what the Level Autopilot does ?
(2) what is trim ....

Great game .. am hooked.

Thanks

aymestry
02-18-2005, 08:17 AM
Guys,
New to IL2 FB ....

Can you pls tell me

(1) what the Level Autopilot does ?
(2) what is trim ....

Great game .. am hooked.

Thanks

BBB_Hyperion
02-18-2005, 09:00 AM
The level Autopilot can be activated on Bombers only and tries to hold alt. If enough speed is there it works. (sometimes with little uptrim)

Trim allows to avoid constant pushing or pulling. It sets a trimtab to a defined position in order to hold a climb angle or level flight without constant applied stick force cause this is taken over by trimtabs. On 109 or 190 planes there the horizontal stabilizer moves completely to change the aoa of it. Theoretical there could be trim on yaw , roll , pitch but not all planes have all axes trimable. Trim can be archived by pumping fuel to other sections as well but not modeled ingame.

CWH1089
02-18-2005, 09:11 AM
welcome! i don't explain things very well, but i'll do my best. level autopilot keeps you on a straight and level flight path. this only works for the flyable bombers in the game though. trimming is adjusting your aicraft's control surfaces so you don't have to keep constant pressure on the stick to stay level. look in the control menu to find the commands for trim. depending on your speed, you'll have to give positive or negative elevator trim to keep the nose level with the horizon. the faster you're going, the more positive elevator trim you'll need to apply. when you're going slower, negative trim. some aircraft also have aileron trim. you'll need to experiment a little to get used to it. hope this helps. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Akronnick
02-18-2005, 02:03 PM
Wrong, Wrong, Wrong!!!

the "Toggle Level Autopilot" function does NOT hold the aircraft straight and level, the function that does that is the "Level Stabilizer". The "Toggle Level Autopilot" controls the Auto-pilot Automation. How it works is that when Auto-pilot Automation is on, when you switch positions on multi-seat aircraft like the Il-2, He-111, SBD, B-25, and soon (hopefully) G4M, etc. , the Autopilot Automatically switches on for the seat you leave and off for the seat you switch to.

Akronnick
02-18-2005, 02:05 PM
They got the answers to the second question right though. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/35.gif

aymestry
02-19-2005, 02:44 PM
Thanks to all , particularly to Akronnik. Off to expariment now .... Cheers