PDA

View Full Version : A theory on who subject 16 actually is. *spoilers*

rileypoole1234
03-26-2011, 12:24 PM
There are many theories about who subject 16 actually is. I just felt like presenting mine. I think it's Desmond. After watching and re-watching the conversation between subject 16 and Desmond, I'm 99% sure it is the same voice. I think it could be the memory within a memory theory, even though I don't like it. It also could be Desmond, who is insane, telling himself what to do through the Animus in the future. Almost like he is trying to re-write history. I think the red trail thing could also be Desmond sleep walking, because in the emails it says Desmond sleep walks a lot.

Just a couple theories of mine.
Cheers.

ace3001
03-26-2011, 01:15 PM
Why would Abstergo assign two subject numbers to Desmond?

El_Sjietah
03-26-2011, 01:35 PM
The voice of Desmond is Nolan North, while the voice of subject 16 is Cam Clarke.

RebeccaLH
03-26-2011, 02:27 PM
Could be,
With the voices saying something along the lines of 'he's come out of it fine before'(davinci dlc) mabye that could be a hint.

Inorganic9_2
03-26-2011, 02:42 PM
Originally posted by El_Sjietah:
The voice of Desmond is Nolan North, while the voice of subject 16 is Cam Clarke.

Theory quashed. Moving on...

crash3
03-26-2011, 03:56 PM
at the beginning of AC2 the animus shows a DNA match between desmond and subject 16 before accessing Ezios memories which means Ezio is a common ancestor of desmond and subject 16 therefore the two of them are related in some way-subject 16 will have explored ezios memories before desmond

the TRUTH video shows that subject 16 relived the memories of either adam or eve i couldnt tell which but that must be whats significant about him we know already that the bleeding effect drove 16 to madness and suicide but i think we'l see a major development in 16's tory in AC3 but i wouldnt want the story to be too farfetched i thought the temple at the end of ACB was too farfetched (the pythagorean temple was excellent though have future temples like that) if the climax of 16's story involves a temple make it more realistic

i reckon 16 is either father, uncle, brother or cousin of desmond brought up at the same secret place as desmond called "the farm" pretty simple theory any further ideas just quote and develop my comment!

rileypoole1234
03-26-2011, 06:13 PM
Originally posted by Inorganic9_2:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by El_Sjietah:

Theory quashed. Moving on... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

*******.....anyway. uh I was gonna edit this in but I decided to post it here. Does anyone think when 16 says "Find me in the darkness" could it possibly mean find me in your mind? almost like his subconscious or like he's a subliminal message? It sounds a little out there but It seems as though it would make sense.

El_Sjietah
03-26-2011, 06:18 PM
Originally posted by rileypoole1234:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Inorganic9_2:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by El_Sjietah:

Theory quashed. Moving on... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

*******.....anyway. uh I was gonna edit this in but I decided to post it here. Does anyone think when 16 says "Find me in the darkness" could it possibly mean find me in your mind? almost like his subconscious or like he's a subliminal message? It sounds a little out there but It seems as though it would make sense. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I thought something along those lines as well. Seeing that Desmond went into a coma while still connected to the animus. Doesn't get much "darker" than a coma.

Evan52395
03-27-2011, 06:42 AM
Originally posted by crash3:
at the beginning of AC2 the animus shows a DNA match between desmond and subject 16 before accessing Ezios memories which means Ezio is a common ancestor of desmond and subject 16 therefore the two of them are related in some way-subject 16 will have explored ezios memories before desmond

the TRUTH video shows that subject 16 relived the memories of either adam or eve i couldnt tell which but that must be whats significant about him we know already that the bleeding effect drove 16 to madness and suicide but i think we'l see a major development in 16's tory in AC3 but i wouldnt want the story to be too farfetched i thought the temple at the end of ACB was too farfetched (the pythagorean temple was excellent though have future temples like that) if the climax of 16's story involves a temple make it more realistic

i reckon 16 is either father, uncle, brother or cousin of desmond brought up at the same secret place as desmond called "the farm" pretty simple theory any further ideas just quote and develop my comment!
16 didn't commit suicide.

crash3
03-27-2011, 08:28 AM
Originally posted by Evan52395:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by crash3:

16 didn't commit suicide. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

if 16 didnt commit suicide how can he have survived painting the whole abstergo lab with his blood? anyway we know at least hes dead

kriegerdesgottes
03-27-2011, 11:19 AM
why would you call him an a-hole when he is kind of right. The theory doesn't make sense being that there are two different voice actors playing the roles. If it was desmond it would just be Nolan North doing both parts.

Evan52395
03-27-2011, 01:47 PM
Originally posted by crash3:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Evan52395:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by crash3:

if 16 didnt commit suicide how can he have survived painting the whole abstergo lab with his blood? anyway we know at least hes dead </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
In eagle vision the blood was shinning red because it was enemy blood, Templar blood. Lucy's friend (can't remember her name) went missing and it's assumed 16 killed her and used her blood to write that. Also, the achievement in Brotherhood for solving all of 16's puzzles translates to "IAMALIVE".

Signs point to an escape...

misterB2001
03-28-2011, 04:45 AM
The blood at the end of AC1 is definately subject 16s. He even writes it on the wall

ThaWhistle
03-28-2011, 09:47 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Evan52395:

if 16 didnt commit suicide how can he have survived painting the whole abstergo lab with his blood? anyway we know at least hes dead </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
In eagle vision the blood was shinning red because it was enemy blood, Templar blood. Lucy's friend (can't remember her name) went missing and it's assumed 16 killed her and used her blood to write that. Also, the achievement in Brotherhood for solving all of 16's puzzles translates to "IAMALIVE".

Signs point to an escape... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

no, it was shining red because it was blood. they made it clear in the first two games that it was subject 16s blood. However, they have changed some stuff between games regardless of how it was in the others, so it wouldnt suprised me if they just changed stuff like it never happened.

xzlongduongzx19
03-28-2011, 09:51 AM
I played the Da Vinci DLC after I finished the game, Two people were talking. One of them was William,dunno. could that be him?

Abeonis
03-28-2011, 12:06 PM

Signs point to an escape...

Where did you see that rubbish? It's never assumed 16 killed Leila, the two are never even mentioned in the same conversation.

itsamea-mario
03-28-2011, 01:18 PM
Saying he's alive doesn't nessecarily mean his bodies alive, it did sort of lose alot of blood, it may just mean that his mind is alive.
(cheesy i know but) as in he somehow transmitted his psyche as a program in the animus, we know he's technology savvy enough to actually edit the memories in the animus.
Maybe he was smart enough to be able to create a program which basically represents his personality.

Maybe this could also be transferred to desmond through the bleeding affect (or not).

But anyway i strongly doubt 16 is Desmond.
16 lost alot of blood, probably more than a person can live through.
Desmond can remember being kidnapped.
Why would abstergo go to the effort of renaming desmond?

El_Sjietah
03-28-2011, 01:22 PM
The only real argument the supporters of this theory have, is that it'd be cool. Everything else is either grasping at straws or simply not true.

rileypoole1234
03-28-2011, 07:19 PM
Originally posted by El_Sjietah:
The only real argument the supporters of this theory have, is that it'd be cool. Everything else is either grasping at straws or simply not true.
Yes, but I don't even like this theory. It seems like almost too big of a twist. Almost to the point of where they could have told us in AC1 and in wouldn't have mattered. I think it almost seems as though this is the way it's going, with all the unrecognizable voices at the end and such.

rileypoole1234
03-28-2011, 07:22 PM
Originally posted by itsamea-mario:
Saying he's alive doesn't nessecarily mean his bodies alive, it did sort of lose alot of blood, it may just mean that his mind is alive.
(cheesy i know but) as in he somehow transmitted his psyche as a program in the animus, we know he's technology savvy enough to actually edit the memories in the animus.
Maybe he was smart enough to be able to create a program which basically represents his personality.

Maybe this could also be transferred to desmond through the bleeding affect (or not).

But anyway i strongly doubt 16 is Desmond.
16 lost alot of blood, probably more than a person can live through.
Desmond can remember being kidnapped.
Why would abstergo go to the effort of renaming desmond?
I JUST THOUGHT OF SOMETHING lol. Could 16 be seeing the memories of himself through the Animus, because he is inside it? Like, he can see the memories because his mind is now inside the Animus. Sounds silly but i'm not sure how the Animus works so it could be possible.

ThaWhistle
03-28-2011, 09:13 PM
no