PDA

View Full Version : Official statemant by Ubisoft!??



Wolfeoak
03-15-2010, 03:54 PM
Where is the official comment from Ubisoft regarding the DRM problems? The only official notification Iíve got is an E-mail that says that we who couldnít play will get some form of compensation!?? What kind of compensation? Iíve paid for my game and I expect it to work. I want an official statement made by the management of the Ubisoft Company. An apology to their customers by Yves Guillemot and a promise to make the game playable offline and the removal of DRM. That would satisfy me. Or is it so difficult to admit that the ďExperimentĒ with DRM is a fiasco.

Is the management in Ubisoft in chock? If they are, this surprises my much. Because if the couldnít foreseen what was coming they shouldnít be in charge of the Ubisoft company.

In one of the treads in the forum one of the moderators said that only 5 % of the players were affected by problems before the hackers did their attack on the servers. And the rest 95 % could play normally. This is just not the truth. How would he know that? Did he know how many players that were attempting to get connected and didnít succeed? And how many players that had problems with different issues when playing? By saying that 95 % of the players could play their game without problems he obvious didnít read whatís written in the forum. There shouldnít even be 5 % thatís having problems with the game.

Personally I played before the hacker attacks and Iíve had problems with screen that freeze and twice it happened that I lost all saves halfway trough the game and I had to begin from the start again. How fun is that? And I am not the only one who had these problems, if you read whatís written in the forum.

To be able to play a game on Ubisoft servers while always be connected to the Internet and play without problems requires a very steady link. How many of you out there have a connection that works with no problems all the time?

Now I sit here with a game that I couldnít play and just waiting for either the Ubisoft to do the only decent thing to their customers, release a patch that makes it possible to play offline or hope that someone else out there fix a patch that works. I donít support hackers but in the past with other games that didnít work properly, people outside some game companies solved these and came up with working patches long before the engineers in the game companies did.

Itís really a shame that a beautiful created game like Assassins creed should suffer on the behalf of the chase on hackers and piracy copiers and that we how honestly paid our game would suffer in this process. Unluckily they will crack the game. And the DRM will only slow them done for a while. Itís just a question on when they succeed.

I am so disappointed over how the Ubisoft threats their customers and in the way that they seam to ignore us. Remember without us paying customers there would be no Ubisoft company any more.

Wolfeoak
03-15-2010, 03:54 PM
Where is the official comment from Ubisoft regarding the DRM problems? The only official notification Iíve got is an E-mail that says that we who couldnít play will get some form of compensation!?? What kind of compensation? Iíve paid for my game and I expect it to work. I want an official statement made by the management of the Ubisoft Company. An apology to their customers by Yves Guillemot and a promise to make the game playable offline and the removal of DRM. That would satisfy me. Or is it so difficult to admit that the ďExperimentĒ with DRM is a fiasco.

Is the management in Ubisoft in chock? If they are, this surprises my much. Because if the couldnít foreseen what was coming they shouldnít be in charge of the Ubisoft company.

In one of the treads in the forum one of the moderators said that only 5 % of the players were affected by problems before the hackers did their attack on the servers. And the rest 95 % could play normally. This is just not the truth. How would he know that? Did he know how many players that were attempting to get connected and didnít succeed? And how many players that had problems with different issues when playing? By saying that 95 % of the players could play their game without problems he obvious didnít read whatís written in the forum. There shouldnít even be 5 % thatís having problems with the game.

Personally I played before the hacker attacks and Iíve had problems with screen that freeze and twice it happened that I lost all saves halfway trough the game and I had to begin from the start again. How fun is that? And I am not the only one who had these problems, if you read whatís written in the forum.

To be able to play a game on Ubisoft servers while always be connected to the Internet and play without problems requires a very steady link. How many of you out there have a connection that works with no problems all the time?

Now I sit here with a game that I couldnít play and just waiting for either the Ubisoft to do the only decent thing to their customers, release a patch that makes it possible to play offline or hope that someone else out there fix a patch that works. I donít support hackers but in the past with other games that didnít work properly, people outside some game companies solved these and came up with working patches long before the engineers in the game companies did.

Itís really a shame that a beautiful created game like Assassins creed should suffer on the behalf of the chase on hackers and piracy copiers and that we how honestly paid our game would suffer in this process. Unluckily they will crack the game. And the DRM will only slow them done for a while. Itís just a question on when they succeed.

I am so disappointed over how the Ubisoft threats their customers and in the way that they seam to ignore us. Remember without us paying customers there would be no Ubisoft company any more.

Excelsjor
03-15-2010, 06:10 PM
I don't think there is an official statement, and I don't find it surprising either. I think they are more than happy to bury their head in the sand.

absniper66
03-15-2010, 06:11 PM
I agree

I have been waiting two days to play my downloaded version of AC2 and all I get is

Establishing Network Connection - Please wait.

What did UBI think they were going to acheive by using DRM, I await their repsonse.

Wolfeoak
03-16-2010, 10:15 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Excelsjor:
I don't think there is an official statement, and I don't find it surprising either. I think they are more than happy to bury their head in the sand. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes their bury their heads in the sand of the Normandy beaches and hope that the storm will blow away. How wrong they are.

Over a week since the release date and still no official statement from Dumbiesoft, sorry Ubisoft.

Tried to play the game again. Went half trough the first sequence and then quited the game in normal way. When i later restarted it all the saves were gone again. Yippe.Just so fun. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_mad.gif

kleaneasy
03-16-2010, 10:39 AM
Both Shade and I have posted on the issue as has the UK community manager.

That said I would ask you continue this discussion in the existing thread in the AC2 tech forum. It helps us to demonstrate the numbers affected when you're all posting in the same place. Thanks