PDA

View Full Version : Poll: What should Maddox create next?

WildeSau
11-07-2004, 02:30 PM

WildeSau
11-07-2004, 02:30 PM

3.JG51_BigBear
11-07-2004, 02:35 PM
I think he should focus on PF for a little while longer. It needs some work.

WildeSau
11-07-2004, 02:36 PM
BigBear - I think too they should improve PF but am sure they will do so. Anyway, a next project from these guys would be interesting to. Hope they gone do BoB and also some other theaters.

CaptainFlunky
11-07-2004, 02:36 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by 3.JG51_BigBear:
I think he should focus on PF for a little while longer. It needs some work. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I agree. But from the choices given, I'd say WWI. Hasn't been a good one since RB3D.

tracker_72
11-07-2004, 02:39 PM
something else....

I'd like to see a massive online multiplayer game in a cold war scenario. Something like wwIIonline but with the attention to detail il2 series has (although wwII online isn't to bad). Imagine it, tanks, infantery, helicopters and planes batteling it out in Europe...

But for now having BoB on the horizon is good enough for me... Lets not stress Oleg out to much http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

tracker72

Supr
11-07-2004, 02:44 PM
he could just make a land/sea battle sim, that intalled into Il2/fb/aep/pf/. So we could have an even longer name

Automatic__Jack
11-07-2004, 02:56 PM
noob question: BoB what does it means? Bomber over... something?

RevvinUK
11-07-2004, 03:03 PM
Battle of Britain

VF-17_Jolly
11-07-2004, 03:03 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Automatic__Jack:
noob question: BoB what does it means? Bomber over... something? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Battle of Britain.

Korea should be next after PF is sorted out.

RevvinUK
11-07-2004, 03:06 PM
I'd like to see them continue through WWII's western front after BoB.

Automatic__Jack
11-07-2004, 03:09 PM
thanks http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

But... after the Battle of Britain... the last part of the WWII which is not available yet in FB+AEP+PF is the mediterranean scenario. Lybia, Italy, south france, Greece, Yugoslavia...

Before changing war, there are a lot of work to do http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

TheVoodooPriest
11-07-2004, 03:18 PM
Yeah, the mediterranean would be cool.
Honestly, the corean war is (at least for me) as interesting as the vietnam war. Absolutely zero.
But the mediterranean would be cool.

Jambock__01
11-07-2004, 03:19 PM
Mediterranean !!!!!

potver
11-07-2004, 03:23 PM
Doing something about stutter if it,s possible

anthonyl59
11-07-2004, 03:29 PM
I think they should work on a game thats 100% done and not feed us 60%'s worth and then release what should have been the remaining 40%'s worth as a pay for add on.

Reeks of rip off to me..sorry!

TX-WarHawk
11-07-2004, 03:45 PM
Korean War hands down.

VW-IceFire
11-07-2004, 03:58 PM
They already announced and showed some early WIP shots of Battle of Britain...it doesn't really have a title yet just that it will be Battle of Britain themed.

Its an entirely new engine from what were told. Scalable AI so that you can have alot more aircraft in the air at one time and more detail to everything. Be prepared to upgrade they say http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Bearcat99
11-07-2004, 04:05 PM
I would like to see aircraft from 1914 to 1954 and as many maps as they can make for BoB. That would more or less clinch it for me.

rugame
11-07-2004, 04:26 PM
I like that idea bearcat, sought of like an aviation museum.

Didnt microprose do that with a game call Dogfight, 80yrs of Aerial warfare...hang on..

Hears a bit about it -----&gt;
A "light" flight sim from MicroProse UK that, as the name suggests, give you a chance to fly most of the famous fighter models from World War 1 to the present day. Air Duel doesn't pretend to have ultra realistic flight models or avionics borrowed from the military, but it does offer the flight simulation novice the opportunity to learn the basics of dogfighting in a fun, new way. Air Duel offers two main features that make it a worthwhile addition to your gaming library. First, the 'What If' scenarios that allow the player to pit aircraft from vastly different eras against each other in air combat. Imagine taking on a Fokker Triplane with an F-15? Not as easy as it sounds. Not exactly simple to get radar lock on a plane that small. You'll also find yourself outturned quite easily and possibly in the gunsights of what appears to be an inferior plane. Air Duel will allow the pilot to choose from the Sopwith Camel, the Spitfire, the F-4 Phantom, the Harrier Jump Jet, the F-16 Eagle, the Fokker DR1, and the Mig-23. All of these aircraft can be pitted against each other to provide for some very interesting matchups. A heat-seeking Sidewinder doesn't do much good against a prop-driven Sopwith Camel!
The other great feature of Air Duel is the head-to-head modem play mode. Here, you can take on your pilot friends in a duel with the aircraft of their choice, again from different eras.

The Air Duel manual is very well done with plenty of pages devoted to air combat maneuvering (ACM), teaching flight novices the nuances of Scissors, Split-S, and Yo-Yos. When you practice long enough, you'll find yourself reacting instinctively to your opponent moves as you both try to get on the other's 'six'.

Air Duel is made of of three main modes: Duel Mode, where you match famous aircraft from the same historical period against each other; the 'What-If' mode, that allows you to put any aircraft from the game up against any other plane; and finally, the Mission Mode, that provides full mission planning, allocation of resources, and targeting of ground and air targets. You begin in WWI and work your way all the way up to the conflict over Syria. Here you'll use all your flying skills as well as your landing and taking off skills.

Overall, this is more of a game than a serious simulation, but is great fun nonetheless

,anyway, I like the idea bearcat

I would like to see them build on the il2 engine to expande and cover the entire conflict.

The_Pharoah
11-07-2004, 04:28 PM
I'd like this to be THE most comprehensive WW2 air war sim meaning ALL theatres with ALL of the major aircraft in ALL of the major theatres eg.
- Med, proper Nth Africa maps, Western Europe, Italy, etc;
- Bombers (B24, B17, Lanc, etc), Typhoon, Tempest, Mosquito, etc etc

THEN, think about moving onto something else.

chris455
11-07-2004, 05:03 PM
You're all wrong.
Oleg is making a WWII tank sim. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/mockface.gif
My barber told me.

CaptainFlunky
11-07-2004, 05:12 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by chris455:
You're all wrong.
Oleg is making a WWII tank sim. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/mockface.gif
My barber told me. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Lets hope it's not a japanese tank sim...
http://onfinite.com/libraries/132788/a00.jpg

Stiglr
11-07-2004, 06:27 PM
I voted "something else" because I want them to finish what they started.

Let's have an IL-2 family that is, say, 90% accurate in modeling across the board. Realistic physics to within an acceptable degree of "suspension of disbelief".

Philipscdrw
11-07-2004, 06:31 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by anthonyl59:
I think they should work on a game thats 100% done and not feed us 60%'s worth and then release what should have been the remaining 40%'s worth as a pay for add on.

Reeks of rip off to me..sorry! <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Read my avatar.

I like the 1914-1954 idea! But I hope that Maddox makes the Mediterranean after BoB.

Stiglr
11-07-2004, 06:35 PM
Anthony, like it or not, the "60% finished and patched later" modus operandi is just the way it IS in sim development. It sucks, but that doesn't make it any less true.

Be glad we have the internet, where a majority of us can download a fairly large patch within a few minutes to hours, and can get a large critical patch without having to "send away" for it, and wait a few more WEEKS for "shipping and handling".

The way the dev process works, with pressure from the distributor, pressure from vendors, and pressure from us, too, means that NO software, game or otherwise, EVER leaves in 100% 1.0 Gold condition. A good release is something that's in 90% shape. There WILL be bugs. The difference is, that some dev companies never get around to ever fixing anything. Not so with Maddox.

Be glad that Maddox does have a track record of at least getting the really critical changes made, and pretty quickly. We can all haggle about the finer points of planes and modeling accuracy, but the game engine, the online code and crash-bugs...those get squared away pretty darn quick. It's been consistently that way since the original IL-2.

I'm probably the most critical person of Maddox Games on this board, but I have to give credit where it's due.

Just hang on for the patch. I think it's due out this week, right? Or soon, by any estimation. You can pretty much bank on that, at the very least.

anthonyl59
11-07-2004, 06:41 PM
I was under the impression that we will have to pay for the update. If that is NOT the case then I withdraw my comment and apologise.

johwah
11-07-2004, 06:53 PM
I think they should create a Linux dedicated server program next. One that has working coop, of course.

After that, the Med/Africa theatre.

JR_Greenhorn
11-07-2004, 06:56 PM
Next sim?

This engine:
Korea, and other late '40s & early '50s conflicts (Suez, French Indo Chine, etc.)

After BoB:
The Med. Obviously.

New sim?
Add me to the list that wants to see a tank (& ground vehicle) sim with Maddox detail & modelling.

After the tank sim is a huge success, combine it with the Il-2/FB/AEP/PF series to make a BF1942/WWII Online-type sim with the Maddox quality that we all know and love.

Another thing I would like to see in such a game is a simulation of what tactical commanders faced in WWII. Most tactical/strategy games have an omnipresent commander interface. I would like to see "paper" maps with movements or positions "hand-plotted", radar screens that look like period radar, the ability to give orders and recieve reports only through radio-equipped troops and vehicles.

I think that having such a role for a commander and having human players at all levels of the battle would bring new importance to tasks like recon and base defence. Incorporating a supply system would make strikes on supply lines as well as strategic bombing more meaningful.

LW_lcarp
11-07-2004, 07:49 PM
I think Oleg should make a tank sim. Nothing like blasting away some shermans in a Tiger to start the day

rodion_zero
11-07-2004, 08:24 PM
I'm glad, however, that the WWI fans are coming on strong in this poll. It would be nice to see all those scout 'pits in 3D-glory http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif Still playing RED BARON 3D with the Sierra Super Patch, Campaign Manager v1.1 and SWWISA/Paul Wilson's "Western Front Patch 6.0" where some of my (2D) cockpits are featured (used to design 2D-cockpit addons for RB3D) http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

-RODION

ThePlainsman
11-07-2004, 09:06 PM
I don't understand the push for BOB or Korea. WWI is the only direction for Oleg!

The IL2 engine with WWI planes. Oh, my God. How awesome! The sound of the wind on our faces in those canopy-less planes! Wheeeeee!

rodion_zero
11-07-2004, 09:19 PM
However, the current flight/atmosphere simulation engine being used in IL2FB+AEP+PF has to be seriously evaluated/modified for WWI combat (i.e. slower airspeeds). I mean, if it's true that some A/C flight models have been messed up due to the fact that the "atmosphere" model was tweaked to allow for slow flight/apporoach to carriers, then the IL2FB+AEP+PF engine simply wouldn't do for a WWI sim...it has to be refined so that slow flight can accurately be represented.

I for one can't wait to bust balloons using such an engine hehehe. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

-RODION

CV8_Dudeness
11-07-2004, 09:20 PM
Q: What would be the ULTIMATE A2A Combat Flight Sim ?

A: a KOREAN Theater Sim

Ultimate Props & the classic early jets & a ton of ground pounders & awesome scenery & Carriers & multiple mission types & , & , & , & . . . . .

Charlie901
11-07-2004, 09:25 PM
I would love to see some work on an addon to BoB that would include the later war mighty 8th U.S. bomber group involvement in Britan. Imagine a dedcicated bomber version of Bob, drool.... http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_razz.gif

Snootles
11-07-2004, 09:26 PM
Two choices for me:

An ALL-OUT "what-if" WWIII flight sim between NATO and the Warsaw Pact based on an escalation of the Korean War.

A fictitious late 1920's through 1930's flight sim. Not because such a thing would have any historical rationale but because the planeset and style of combat would be so cool, and something never done in any serious simulation. Totally unique.

TheJoyStick
11-07-2004, 10:22 PM
A sim that'd put LOMAC to shame would be great.

I like the modern stuff.

fordfan25
11-07-2004, 10:28 PM
korea for me. it may not have had the massive scope that ww2 had but it would make for alot of fun. there was alot of prop planes like the yak, la-7, p51, corsair and the main atractions the mig-15 and f86 battles.the jet fighters were fast and all yet not so complacated you would need 6 hours just to map out all the keys lol. all though a tank sim might be kool. what i would like the most is a sim of FB qulity of captle class ships. like DD, and battle ships of ww2.

rodion_zero
11-07-2004, 10:30 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by TheJoyStick:
A sim that'd put LOMAC to shame would be great.

I like the modern stuff. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

If the beautiful graphics and effects of LOMAC and PF were to be combined with the complex avionics found in FALCON4+SP4.1, then that's the sim you'd probably beg for, JoyStick http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

-RODION

no not again
11-08-2004, 11:03 AM
I would like to see a heavy bomber & night-fighter add on. It would give some interesting aircraft eg Mossie, Uhu, Heinkel Greif, and other http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Swampfartz
11-08-2004, 11:19 AM
I would like to see a civil flight sim to rival Microsoft's FS series.

VF-17_Jolly
11-08-2004, 11:50 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Swampfartz:
I would like to see a civil flight sim to rival Microsoft's FS series. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/88.gif http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/blink.gif sorry

A leaf out of the MS book and have multi engine controls at the very least

VMF223_Smitty
11-08-2004, 12:18 PM
I didn't vote because there was no "ANYTHING HE WANTS" section. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/11.gif

woofiedog
11-08-2004, 12:24 PM
http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gifPolish and French Campaigne... with the Italian Aircraft added.

Daiichidoku
11-08-2004, 12:45 PM
Noithing involving the IL2 engine....

a brand new engine powering either a WWI sim, or a Korea sim would be quite nice

or a tank sim

BoB will probably be the best, and certainly most logical choice to actually expand into an all-theater all timeset WWII sim

by the time IL2 could have med, alaska, cbi or north arrica theaters, the game will be far too old and too many ppl playing BoB by then IMO

just clean up the IL2 series, and move on

J_Weaver
11-08-2004, 02:19 PM
I hope that BoB will cover more than just the BoB. I hope it will be kinda like MS Comabt Flight Sim and cover BoB through the end of the war.

Slechtvalk
11-08-2004, 02:29 PM
Just BOB, thinking about the next creation after BOB is not worth the thinking.

Ok since BOB is all I want I just want very good and realistic flyable planes. And less planes so they can spent more time on each plane (flightmodelling etc etc). I rather have 2 good modelled/realistic planes then 100 planes modelled average.

And realistic engine sounds! Sounds makes a big difference. This will be 1 of the hardest parts of a new game, realistic and great sounds.

XyZspineZyX
11-08-2004, 03:40 PM
My vote would be for further development of the Pacific with the current engine and THEN a new engine.

I'd like to see a high quality Korea at some point... especially since I can't get Mig Alley to work any more.

XyZspineZyX
11-08-2004, 03:44 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Slechtvalk:
Ok since BOB is all I want I just want very good and realistic flyable planes. And less planes so they can spent more time on each plane (flightmodelling etc etc). I rather have 2 good modelled/realistic planes then 100 planes modelled average. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

IMO having such low variety in tactical choices makes for a bad game. There needs to be a fair amount of choice for the battles to be truly interesting I think.

Realism is great! But there needs to be some variety too. This is why I'm a little ambivalent on the BoB idea...

Just early Spits, Canes, and Emils? I dunno, it doesn't sound terribly rich to me.

Philipscdrw
11-08-2004, 04:05 PM
I like the BoB concept. In PF I'm just overwhelmed by choice anyway, it would be nice to have a Maddox 'Study' sim instead of a 'Survey' sim, just focusing on a handful of aircraft.

Although the DF server masses would prefer another PF...

Maybe a Korean sim in the Il-2 engine, then BoB, then BoB=Mediterranean, then BoB-WW1.

GerritJ9
11-08-2004, 04:36 PM
I would like to see PF include maps of Java, Sumatra and Borneo, plus AI Glenn Martin B-10 and Seversky P-35, and flyable CW21B, Brewster B339D and B339E and Hawk 75A-7. A Singapore map is on its way- hope that includes all of Malaya.

Mozzie_21
11-08-2004, 07:36 PM
Either Korea or WWI would make a good sim. The WWI sim could be especially simple and effective.

The Mediteranian would be nice, as would a sim covering the low level air war in Europe, much the same as CFS3, but obviously better because Oleg would be doing it.

A night fighter sim with radar would be pretty cool but few people would buy it.

Grey_Wolf59th
11-08-2004, 08:57 PM
S!:BoB and Mediterranean's early North Africa with Locked Aircraft,meaning(theater area era Aircraft only),but a nice BoB would be just great to start,,after PF is all fixed up,PF is a Great sim,,,,,cheers,,,S!

Atomic_Marten
11-08-2004, 09:00 PM
Voted something else. Let's see... Whining Sim? http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_razz.gif

Philipscdrw
11-08-2004, 09:40 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Mozzie_21:
Either Korea or WWI would make a good sim. The WWI sim could be especially simple and effective. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Except that for WW1 you need a new flight model for all that slow-speed flight...

If Oleg made modules for radar in PF, then we could have night-fighters and Korean War aircraft!

VF51_Flatspin
11-08-2004, 09:42 PM
Got to ring in for WWI. Still my fav period of combat flight.

Philipscdrw
11-08-2004, 09:44 PM
It would be nice, but probably best as an addon to BoB.

Zacast
11-08-2004, 09:58 PM
Korean War. No question about it.

ampadgog
11-09-2004, 02:26 AM
Bombers (B24, B17, Lanc, etc), Typhoon, Tempest, Mosquito, etc etc

i need more bombers....i dont know i never thought i would get obsesed with them...but i have n i love all of themhttp://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

but lancaster is on the top of my listhttp://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Alexi_Alx_Anova
11-09-2004, 02:35 AM
I'd like to see a lot more effort put into making PF playable. Making it a full game and not just an addon would also be nice. For instance, how about some new sounds, those tinny old guns and engines don't cut it in PC games any more. For a supposedly new game, I was surprised that no effort was made to improving the sound engine or the sound samples (except for a couple of new voice actors).

Alexi

rodion_zero
11-09-2004, 03:07 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Philipscdrw:

Except that for WW1 you need a new flight model for all that slow-speed flight...

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well, he'll eventually use a new flight model if he were to do BoB anyways, so why not a new flight model for a WWI sim? Doing WWI has inherent advantages...

a. The new, slow-flight model can be re-incorporated into a future WW2 engine to make spins, stalls and carrier landings even more realistic.

b. the area modelled is quite small (the "line", from the coast down to Alsace), thus Oleg's terrain team need not design huge mountains and stuff--just basically flat areas with some hills and with trenches and muddy plains.

c. No incorporation of new radio chatter sounds because there was no radio back then http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

d. Most of the basic 3D-design techniques for open cockpits are already in the IL2 engine.

e. The "fun" factor of massively multiplayer furballs in a WWI sim is immensely high, with all those slow planes doing tight turns, it's all fair game, almost like an online aerial wrestling match! http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

I'm still for a WWI sim http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

-RODION

GerritJ9
11-09-2004, 01:54 PM
Area for WW1 sim small????? I don't think so! What about the Eastern Front- yes, there WAS an Eastern Front in WW1 too! Russia produced several outstanding pilots in WW1, such as Ivan Smirnoff, who left Russia after the October Revolution and later flew for KLM.
And also the Middle East, the Italian Front......

rodion_zero
11-09-2004, 05:54 PM
I was referring to the scouts' range of operations. I mean, the enemy was only usually on the other side of the line, and due to the slow flight of these old aircraft, I doubt it if anybody wants to spend hours and hours doing "surgical strikes" using scouts and bombers deep inside enemy lines. Most of the combat should occur over the lines and over airfields, bridges, towns, factories and railways near the lines. Thus the landscape mesh shouldn't be that vast. Yes, multiple fronts (Verdun, Alsace, Flanders, etc. plus the Eastern and Italian fronts) but SMALL BATTLE AREAS.

-RODION

billclarke1
11-09-2004, 06:29 PM
I'd like to see something along the lines of Destroyer Command but with more capital ships, and surface engagements

rodion_zero
11-09-2004, 06:57 PM
I heard Oleg is assisting in making a PT109 sim, thus I guess we naval sim fans will be in for a treat in the next 3 years or so, with the likes of technology being implemented in both PT109 and the upcoming Silent Hunter 3.

-RODION

J_Weaver
11-09-2004, 07:21 PM
I would love to see a WWI sim. I always though that Red Baron was the most immersive flight sim I've ever played. I loved navigating along the front using land marks and the maps included in the manuel. It was great being transfered and being invited to join a squadron commanded by one of the aces. One of the best parts of the game was if you crash landed and were captured you would eventually escape after serving sometimes many months in a pow camp. I could go on with great features in this game but you guys get the idea. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif

I would love to see Maddox guys take a crack at making a game like Red Baron.

rodion_zero
11-09-2004, 07:30 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by J_Weaver:
I would love to see a WWI sim. I always though that Red Baron was the most immersive flight sim I've ever played. I loved navigating along the front using land marks and the maps included in the manuel. It was great being transfered and being invited to join a squadron commanded by one of the aces. One of the best parts of the game was if you crash landed and were captured you would eventually escape after serving sometimes many months in a pow camp. I could go on with great features in this game but you guys get the idea. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif

I would love to see Maddox guys take a crack at making a game like Red Baron. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Perhaps a good question to ask is, if you enjoyed it immensely, why the heck did you stop? http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif I'm still CURRENTLY playing Red Baron 3D with the Sierra Super Patch (which makes it DirectX compatible, so able to be played on newer video cards using accelerated graphics--no more messing around with "Glide Wrappers"), and a user-made patch (UOP in RedBaronII/3D parlance) called THE WESTERN FRONT PATCH v6.1. Totally awesome...all the neat things in Red Baron I but with better graphics of course http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif Here is a link to get you started...err, that is if you want to buy Red Baron 3D as a bargain product:

http://www.swwisa.net

http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

-RODION

ednew
11-09-2004, 07:44 PM
WWI please.

rodion_zero
11-09-2004, 08:21 PM
Well if Oleg decides to do a tank sim or BoB instead of WWI, the following scenario is very appealing:

a. Oleg focuses work on new sim/sim-engine

b. 1C:Maddox announces that there are No plans for a WWI sim in the next 5 years.

b. Popularity of IL2 series wanes, due to new sim line.

c. In an effort to revive interest in IL2 series, 1C:Maddox decides to make IL2 series FULLY "MODDABLE" and invites third-party developers to create new stuff for this old line.

d. Some group decides to do WWI aircraft and landscapes. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

To me, such a scenario is equally acceptable. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

-RODION

Beirut
11-09-2004, 08:24 PM
WWI.

Hunting the railguns outside Paris in a Sopwith Camel.

Priceless! http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/11.gif

J_Weaver
11-09-2004, 09:47 PM
Rodion_Zero, I stopped playing it because I couldn't get to run on my new computer and never could find Red Baron 3D and I didn't really want to order it. those were great games though. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

rodion_zero
11-09-2004, 10:04 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by J_Weaver:
Rodion_Zero, I stopped playing it because I couldn't get to run on my new computer and never could find Red Baron 3D and I didn't really want to order it. those were great games though. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

If you are STILL interested to run Red Baron I on your current computer, this might help:

http://dosbox.sourceforge.net/download.php?main=1

http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

-RODION

Mozzie_21
11-09-2004, 10:08 PM
WWI would need a different flight model anyway because the planes used primitive plate wings instead of more modern wings with deeper cross sections.

But WWI would be great for dogfighting.

rodion_zero
11-09-2004, 10:14 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Mozzie_21:
WWI would need a different flight model anyway because the planes used primitive plate wings instead of more modern wings with deeper cross sections.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

For the Luftstrietkraft, the ones only applicable to what you described were birds prior to the Dr.I (i.e. Halberstadts and Albatroses). Later birds like the Dr.I had a modern wing design and were usually strutless/wireless too.

-RODION

woofiedog
11-10-2004, 07:12 AM
http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif rodion_zero... check out Knights of the Sea.
This is the game that some of the IL-2 team is helping with... there is even a couple of Demo Trailers and Screen Shot on the forum.
The New Game KOTS is coming along Very Nice.
They are saying it will be out about Feb 05.

BadKarma72
11-10-2004, 10:33 AM
Previouly mentioned was a sim like wwii online. I've played ww2 online since it was launched June 6, 2001.

I just bought PF (my first Oleg sim) and I have to say if Oleg did a massively multiplayer sim with a single server and combined arms like ww2 online, they'd clean CRS' clock.

Don't get me wrong, ww2 online is a good sim...they are just too slow about moving foward with the game than most people would like.

fordfan25
11-10-2004, 10:58 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by billclarke1:
I'd like to see something along the lines of Destroyer Command but with more capital ships, and surface engagements <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

yes please. i wish some one would. i never got to play DC would not work on my windows XP pc.

i hear some one is makeing a PT boat sim.

cpirrmann
11-10-2004, 11:00 AM
It appears that the engine is in place for all the genre's listed. All we need are maps, planes and missions/campaigns. Many in the community are making planes and missions, it would be most beneficial and interesting if Maddox could recruit someone to make more maps or somehow release the code on a commercial basis to a few to make the maps.

dragonhart38
11-10-2004, 11:10 AM
Put out a complete pacific air war sim that includes more than just proper flight and damage models for the aircraft.

Just a little innocent jab. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

jeroen_R90S
11-10-2004, 12:27 PM
WWI hands down.

Need flyable Rumpler C.IV with Maybach engine.

Wonder if they can simulate freezing body parts as well, of do I have to sit in the freezer for a life-like experience?

Those Rumplers could fly pretty high and should be a real challenge to fly as they apperently had a strong tendency to flatspin.

P-39 drivers should appreciate that http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif And it comes with camera's and a rear gunner, too http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

But I'm still in love with the Taube in FS:WWI as well! Back to basics, no more pixiefairy├╝berplanes. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

Jeroen

JG51Beolke
11-10-2004, 01:02 PM
Isin't Oleg working on Battle of Britain? right now.

adadaead
11-10-2004, 01:22 PM
WWI will be so cool. Though since there hadn't been a lot of planes of variety then Oleg will surely have to focus on ground objects more. It'll be cool to bomb target by throwing granades or whatever they were out of the cocpit by hand. But then my choice is Vietnam then start doing modern conflicts like the Gulf War, Bosnia. But that is years and years of development. I'm thinking since BoB is kinda pre-war. I think the BoB expasion are gonna come out like Russo Finnish war. And that mongolian war. When russia helped mongolia against Japan.

Bill_Lester
11-10-2004, 03:32 PM
No doubt about it...Korea and into the pre-Vietnam Era. Man, what I wouldn't give to fly the Skyraider, Panther, Thunderjet, Sabre, and Hunter.