PDA

View Full Version : Confused about what comes with PC standard vs White/Black edition content wise...

NoCDRom
04-05-2010, 03:35 PM
So the PC version of AC2 comes with 2 additional pieces of added content:
1. Battle for Forlė
2. Bonfire of the Vanities,

Then then the black edition comes with:
1.Palazzo Medicis in Florence
2.Santa Maria Dei Frari
3.Arsenal Shipyard Warehouse in Venice.
4. Battle for Forli
5. Bonfire of the Vanities

Is this correct I was wondering how to optimize to get the most content for your buck. If the black edition is $120 (twice the price of a game in my opinion) then its not worth it for me.

NoCDRom
04-05-2010, 03:35 PM
So the PC version of AC2 comes with 2 additional pieces of added content:
1. Battle for Forlė
2. Bonfire of the Vanities,

Then then the black edition comes with:
1.Palazzo Medicis in Florence
2.Santa Maria Dei Frari
3.Arsenal Shipyard Warehouse in Venice.
4. Battle for Forli
5. Bonfire of the Vanities

Is this correct I was wondering how to optimize to get the most content for your buck. If the black edition is $120 (twice the price of a game in my opinion) then its not worth it for me.

swn32
04-05-2010, 05:34 PM
You get other stuff with the Black Edition like dolls and artbooks (which no one really wants).

Its just 3 small missions, i dont think u want to pay an extra 60$ for those.

caswallawn_2k7
04-05-2010, 05:51 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">which no one really wants </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
want to put money on that? the black boxes were selling on Ebay without the game or maps for more than retail when it came out on the consoles, so there was obviously quite a market for the statue, book and such.

swn32
04-05-2010, 07:12 PM
I guess I'm wrong then. Human stupidity never ceases to amaze me.

Xanatos2007
04-05-2010, 07:54 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by swn32:
Human stupidity never ceases to amaze me. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
You get used to it after a while.

Murcuseo
04-06-2010, 04:23 AM
I'd say holding your own opinions in such high regard is a form of stupidity...

Just because you don't believe in somethings worth doesn't make it worthless to everyone else lol

No doubt you own something I might consider worthless... by your thinking that makes you just as stupid as me... seeing as I own the Black Edition http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

obliviondoll
04-06-2010, 08:00 AM
I quite like my Ezio figurine, actually.

P.S. the difference is, a doll is meant to be played with (I should know, I am one), a figurine is a decorative item. And an action figure is a doll with less feminine connotations to the name, so GI Joe fans don't get called cruel names http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

adarwinter
04-06-2010, 08:12 AM
buying a miniature of the statue of maria Magdalena when u make a trip to italy is not much different from buying a figurine of ezio, i believe.

i did buy a small souvenir of the said miniature when i was in the real italy and i didnt buy the black box, however having a "souvenir" from an experience u like is something i can understand. it isnt a toy. it's a symbol.
while i never bought such a figurine i can see why it would sell.

artbook, for ppl who appreciate art, is also something of value. i am an illustrator and a character\BG designer in profession and i can totally see why an artbook would be an interesting thing to look at from time to time.
movie artbooks are extremely interesting thing to me and i will assume that there isn't any difference between a movie and a game. they both require the same amount of depth in their concepts.