PDA

View Full Version : Fighting in Europe in PF 1946???

crdreamcat
02-03-2008, 11:07 AM
Are you able to fight in the European theater as US and if so how??? Every time I start the game I do not have the options I had with the previous editions. Please excuse the dumb question but I haven't played at all since I got the "New" 1946 edition. It is current with 4.08m.

Thanks for your help...

Skycat_2
02-03-2008, 01:27 PM
No version of IL-2 FB comes with US, RAF, Luftwaffe, etc. missions for the Western European maps. You probably downloaded some custom missions/campaigns in the past or you were using Lowengrin's Dynamic Campaign Generator (DCG).

A good way to 'fill in' the missing dynamic campaigns is to send for Battle Over Europe, sold by JustFlight. Install that and from the CD-ROM you'll have fighter campaigns for the P-47 and P-51D for USAAF and for Bf109s and Fw190s for the Luftwaffe. (BoE came out before Aces Expansion Pack so that's why there are so few career options).

Next, don't bother with the official AEP_BOE update because it won't install to full 1946 version. Instead, search for Enjoyr's DGen Addons patches (on Mission4Today) and install the series that is for Battle Over Europe. His patches have all of the BoE update material plus dozens of user-made campaigns that use BoE as a cornerstone.

If you have any problems finding BoE shoot me a PM.

Xiolablu3
02-03-2008, 04:12 PM
I remember downloading acampaign which gave me all the RAF/USAAF voices etc. Cant remember which one it was tho.

Skycat_2
02-03-2008, 04:44 PM
But 1946 already comes with US and RAF voices. It also comes with the pilot profiles and awards for USAAF and RAF. And obviously all of the maps and planes of the whole series are included in 1946. All that is needed are Western Europe campaigns/missions.

VW-IceFire
02-03-2008, 09:17 PM
http://mission4today.com/ - here you will find hundreds of hand crafted campaigns made by the community for scenarios covering the whole war. I'm sure you'll be able to find a campaign that suits you.

If you're interested in USAAF tactical operations in the P-38 then my old Lightning Strikes campaign might be a good place to start: http://www.mission4today.com/index.php?name=Downloads&file=details&id=52