PDA

View Full Version : Realism settings & torpedo malfunctions?

Jester_159th
03-11-2005, 09:41 AM
I meant to ask this before the community day, but completely forgot.

How are torpedo malfunctions modelled? Are they tied directly to the realism settings, and if so how?

Will torpedoes malfunction as they did in reality at full realism, or will it be exageraged at the hardest setting with a realistic level of malfunctions happening at a lower level?

Any of you that atteneded the Community Day have any idea about this?

Jester_159th
03-11-2005, 09:41 AM
I meant to ask this before the community day, but completely forgot.

How are torpedo malfunctions modelled? Are they tied directly to the realism settings, and if so how?

Will torpedoes malfunction as they did in reality at full realism, or will it be exageraged at the hardest setting with a realistic level of malfunctions happening at a lower level?

Any of you that atteneded the Community Day have any idea about this?

bertgang
03-11-2005, 09:50 AM
If AoD is a reference, it could work so.

An enable/disable dud torpedoes option, independent from other realism settings.

Of course, full realism without dud torpedoes isn't exactly full realism; maybe close to 80%, for score pourpose.

HeibgesU999
03-11-2005, 10:30 AM
There has never been a subsim that gives you as many duds as they experienced in real life. In SH2, you only got a dud if you fired from the back quarter, and then the dud rate was about 100%. But other than that you never saw a dud.

In SH1, the duds were pretty few and far between. I think the war average was 25%. The german torpedoes in wwii were not as reliable as the german torpedoes in wwi.