PDA

View Full Version : Game editing\modding

MILIN_STALKER
07-04-2009, 03:50 PM
First of all "Call of Juarez: Bound In Blood" is a great game with good replayability and i`m realy respectfull to Techland.
I want to do some changes to weapons (accuracy, firerate etc.) so i have been trying to find config files. I unpacked the .pak files but couldn`t discover those files... could somebody tell me where i must to search?

SeaFireLIV
07-04-2009, 04:34 PM
I`d like to know how to disable Auto-aim and crosshairs for a start.

MILIN_STALKER
07-05-2009, 06:47 AM
I`ve found what i looked for. It`s in data0.pak\player\equipment "WeaponParams". There are attributes like:firerate,accuracy etc.
About disabling crosshair and autoaim, i`m looking for it too ...
Yeah that autoaim and crosshair take off too much fun from the game.

solecist
07-05-2009, 04:04 PM
have you guys figured out how to properly set up a mod .pak file? right now i have to replace files in the original pak, and that's not very efficient.

also, certain files can't be edited, no matter how i go about replacing them. the FX files, for instance. can't figure that one out.

anyway, for the crosshairs, they're in data0.pak\Data\Menu\TextureDefs\hud_textures\hud_n ew.scr (open with notepad). find references to the crosshairs you want to remove in that file and then just zero out the numbers on the right.

eLtOnI0
07-05-2009, 10:13 PM
Solecist you don't actually have to create pak files http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Just go in your CoJ2 folder, then Data. Here you can place any file you want, it just has to respect the folders contained in .pak files.

For exemple, in PAK files, maps are in Data/Mapsnet folder.
SO if you create a Mapsnet folder in CoJ2/Data the game will treat them too http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif And no more need to pack datas.

MILIN_STALKER
07-06-2009, 01:43 AM
I did this way: with the help of 7-zip I unpacked .pak files, then search for file i need, after editing it I open .pak file (7-zip) and just drag`n`drop unpacked file into archive that`s it.

About crosshair, i`ve found file which contains all thumdnails including crosshair (data0\data\menu\hud\textures "hud_new.dds"), but i couldn`t make it work in the game. Even though i made changes to it and it saved perfectly in archive it hadn`t appeared in the game...

If developers give us some tips it would be much easier.