PDA

View Full Version : AC 2 PC version: Altair's Armor glitch or did I forget something?

QofBanditZ
06-21-2010, 11:21 AM
I really hope I forgot something stupid but here goes.

I have the PC version of AC 2. Amazing game!

Everything's been going great. I've been playing thoroughly to the point that I have 29/30 codecs and I also acquired all six seals that you need to unlock Altair's armor.

Besides those six seals, is there anything else I need to have or do to get Altair's armor? If so what?

If not...then I might have a more serious issue. Here's why: I took the six seals back to the Villa, plugged them into their respective statues and then...nothing. The gate never came down and the armor is still not accessible. I was able to walk down the street and buy Altair's Sword FWIW. As far as I can tell, the game acts like I finished it off but I simply can't get to the armor. I've had no other signs of any kinds of issues. What's going on here? Thanks for any help!

Abeonis
06-21-2010, 04:04 PM
Double check the gate infront of the statue of Al. Make sure all six horizontal bars are retracted, if not, then you've forgotten to put at least one of the seals in place.

QofBanditZ
06-21-2010, 05:51 PM
Originally posted by Abeonis:
Double check the gate in front of the statue of Al. Make sure all six horizontal bars are retracted, if not, then you've forgotten to put at least one of the seals in place.

It should be this simple.

That's where this really gets strange.

I have the six seals. I watched the cutscene as each of the bars slid away. ALL six of them did this...and then nothing.

I can walk in there now any time I want and the six bars are back in place (?!), the six seals appear to also be in place, my inventory says x6 for all six seals, and I can walk by each statue to "resubmit" the seals just in case and nothing at all happens.

Very strange all the way around.

For the record: This is the PC retail DVD. 100 percent legit. No cracks. No hacks. No tricks. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

lilbacchant
06-23-2010, 02:33 PM
Originally posted by QofBanditZ:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Abeonis:
Double check the gate in front of the statue of Al. Make sure all six horizontal bars are retracted, if not, then you've forgotten to put at least one of the seals in place.

It should be this simple.

That's where this really gets strange.

I have the six seals. I watched the cutscene as each of the bars slid away. ALL six of them did this...and then nothing.

I can walk in there now any time I want and the six bars are back in place (?!), the six seals appear to also be in place, my inventory says x6 for all six seals, and I can walk by each statue to "resubmit" the seals just in case and nothing at all happens.

Very strange all the way around.

For the record: This is the PC retail DVD. 100 percent legit. No cracks. No hacks. No tricks. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I've seen posts from a few others that had this problem, yet a solution never materialized as far as I know. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-sad.gif

The only thing I noticed trend-wise w/ theirs and yours is that y'all seem to have held onto the seals until obtaining all six, and then placing all six at the same time.

I don't suppose you happen to have a save that'd allow you to go back to before you first placed the seals, do you? Maybe if you placed a couple seals, left the sanctuary (or even the villa -- whatever needed to make sure the 'cell' has to reload), came back and placed a couple more and etc., the gate would drop as it should ...

Garrido1701
06-24-2010, 09:26 PM
Why can't I get Altair's Armour?
I'm playing the PC version. I'm doing Sequence 12.
I've got all the feathers, all the treasures, all side missions completed.
I've got all codex pages and the map is aligned.
I've got all the seals, put 5 (each at a time) in place but i can't place the last one. There's no "interact" option in the last statue.
What can I do?

QofBanditZ
06-25-2010, 07:34 AM
Originally posted by lilbacchant:

I don't suppose you happen to have a save that'd allow you to go back to before you first placed the seals, do you?

Nope, I didn't.

Maybe if you placed a couple seals, left the sanctuary (or even the villa -- whatever needed to make sure the 'cell' has to reload), came back and placed a couple more and etc., the gate would drop as it should ...

I found a completed saved on the Internet and just took it and used it. It wasn't quite as far along as my save was but at least it had the armor. All I have to do is retread some of the viewing towers in towns and some other odds and ends but close enough.

At least I've seen that this can be a buggy area for other people besides myself for whatever reasons.

The guy that wrote above me: If you have all six seals in your possession...double check...it really is supposed to be as simple as walk by, interact, and voila.

You shouldn't need anything else to do it. All that matters is the six seals.

lilbacchant
06-26-2010, 12:10 PM
Originally posted by QofBanditZ:
You shouldn't need anything else to do it. All that matters is the six seals.

Yep. 'Shouldn't' being the operative word there. There appears to be a glitch when trying to place all six seals at the same time. I've always, for the most part, placed them as I got them so I can't verify.

Be interesting to know if some (any?) have placed them all at once and NOT encountered the bug....

joshahhh
02-09-2011, 12:35 PM
Was this problem ever addressed/fixed? I had the same problem happen to me and it's quite dissapointing http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif

bdwagone
06-30-2011, 06:47 PM
I'm having the same problem. This sucks. I completed all tombs and when I went to get the armor, the gate didn't drop down. I can't get the game to let me try placing the seals again either. IS there any other way to get this armor through uplay or something. Very disappointing.