PDA

View Full Version : A simple request to all of you

crazyivan1970
02-08-2005, 11:52 PM
It came to my attention that pacific fighters mailbox is being heavily spammed by "Where is the patch?", "Where are my planes?" material
An e-mail account: PF@1C.RU is for BUG REPORTING, IL2 series OBSERVATIONS and SUGGESTIONS only. Please stop sending truckload of e-mails in there with the same "where is ... -insert question here - "

Thank you for your cooperation.

Cheers!

crazyivan1970
02-08-2005, 11:52 PM
It came to my attention that pacific fighters mailbox is being heavily spammed by "Where is the patch?", "Where are my planes?" material
An e-mail account: PF@1C.RU is for BUG REPORTING, IL2 series OBSERVATIONS and SUGGESTIONS only. Please stop sending truckload of e-mails in there with the same "where is ... -insert question here - "

Thank you for your cooperation.

Cheers!

TgD Thunderbolt56
02-09-2005, 07:50 AM
That's simply childish...but I'm not surprised. The ability to exercise any degree of patience has definitely improved, but I'm certain the apparent lack of updates and/or information on ANY pending improvements is eroding some people's ability to keep their patience.

Hopefully, the info post re: Oleg's email response about possibly having something ready by the end of the month will satiate that enthusiasm for a few more weeks.

TB

jurinko
02-10-2005, 01:01 AM
hopefully 1C has some kind of message filter, which deletes posts containing "when.." and "where is the patch.." from the server already.

p1ngu666
02-10-2005, 07:05 PM
dev updates can give the impression of progress, even if nothing has actully happened http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif

TheEngine88
02-14-2005, 03:02 PM
I think this will taper off once people begin to realize that there will be little if anything forthcoming for PF. This dribs and drabs of "info" leaking out only encourages folks to believe that there is more coming. As long as Oleg & co continue to lead people on, these silly emails and useless threads will continue.

Come clean, fellas, and save yourselves and the community a lot of heartburn. Moving on to BoB exclusively is an intelligent move for the future. But you'd be better served by admitting there will be no more for PF. You owe at least that much to everyone who has purchased your fine products.

BigganD
02-15-2005, 06:16 AM
Lots of children after PF release..

canucksledge
02-21-2005, 03:37 PM
Sems like everyones forgotten that capitalism exists in Russia now. Capitalists deliberately mislead their customers to make money. That's their whole gimmick. Anyone remember back in the early 90's when Sierra On-Line said Red Baron would be modem play? It said so on the box and in their pre release ads. It never happened. It was still a good sim, but it wasn't at all what they said it would be. Even Microsoft promised us a good O/S at one point. Have we seen an o/s from Microsoft that doesn't pretty much do a core dump when you try to read a dirty CD? Get over it. If you are dissappointed, Ubi has a return policy. It's there for a reason. I did it with Sierra and Red Baron and I did it with Microsoft and XP (Me, Win98 etc...). I got my money back from their respective companies. For the rest of us who are used to the "creative" marketing methods of a capitalist company, y'all gotta make that decision at some point. If they mislead or even lied...then you have options. Take the game back and stop fuming at the rest of us who enjoy it.

LW_Icarus
02-26-2005, 06:05 AM
Wow, conspiracy theories? thats over the top. read a post from oleg I think that plainly says that the planes in the dev shots were planned for a free add on for PF? I have no reason to believe it wont be delivered.

you patch-worrier types are amusing. get over it. itll be released when they have it ready.as much as you guys fret over patches I fear you are missing how outstanding FB/PF is as it sits on your HD, patch-heads are like crack-heads- just looking for that next hit.

Philipscdrw
03-14-2005, 11:23 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by canucksledge:
Sems like everyones forgotten that capitalism exists in Russia now. Capitalists deliberately mislead their customers to make money. That's their whole gimmick. Anyone remember back in the early 90's when Sierra On-Line said Red Baron would be modem play? It said so on the box and in their pre release ads. It never happened. It was still a good sim, but it wasn't at all what they said it would be. Even Microsoft promised us a good O/S at one point. Have we seen an o/s from Microsoft that doesn't pretty much do a core dump when you try to read a dirty CD? Get over it. If you are dissappointed, Ubi has a return policy. It's there for a reason. I did it with Sierra and Red Baron and I did it with Microsoft and XP (Me, Win98 etc...). I got my money back from their respective companies. For the rest of us who are used to the "creative" marketing methods of a capitalist company, y'all gotta make that decision at some point. If they mislead or even lied...then you have options. Take the game back and stop fuming at the rest of us who enjoy it. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I realise that you have 13 posts and posted this a month ago, therefore you're probably dead or on the ISS or both, or otherwise absent from these boards - but what's that about MS OS? XP is working fine for me, my main annoyance is that Device Manager is harder to get to (all of one click more).

Don't think that 1C deliberately lied on the box - just at the last minute Legal Reasons rolled up to Ubisoft with an uzi in his briefcase and shot the Third CD, and there was no time to re-print the sleeves...

TheEngine88
03-17-2005, 05:57 AM
Perhaps some actual updates might decrease the spamming, and consequently the developer's whining about too many emails?

GoToAway
03-26-2005, 06:59 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by TheEngine88:
Perhaps some actual updates might decrease the spamming, and consequently the developer's whining about too many emails? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>Yet I wonder if such a thing would stop the childens' whining about patches, missing planes, or perceived injustices?

I can't believe that Oleg even posts here anymore. I swear that this forum is filled with some of the most obnoxious and whiny people that I've ever seen. It's grating to even come here to see if there is any more information regarding the patch because there will undoubtably be dozens of new posts that consist of ******s whining and crying because Oleg goes above and beyond what is expected to support his products (which is unfortunate because there's also a lot of good discussion here. You just have to wade through neck-deep BS to get to it lately.)

I can count the number of developers that support their products as well as Oleg does on one hand. He consistently releases tons of free content to the community, yet people repay him by spamming his inbox, whining, sowing discord by posting baseless conspiracy theories, and crying about how they've been wronged by whatever this week's horrible injustice is. It's absolutely ridiculous.

Andrew OConnor
04-08-2005, 05:58 AM
I quite agree - name one other sim with the same quality of graphics and veriaty of planes. Lets face it - this is a great sim, and as the little caption on the introduction of this forum says - Oleg is a very buisy man. He is tries to visit these forums as often as he probbaby can, and i dont think that incessant moaning and whiningh will help things get done anymore or quicker.

buz13
04-08-2005, 08:41 AM
I have faith that we will get a good add-on/patch at some future date. But I can understand how people can wonder what is going on when we have been seeing the words "very soon" for months and nothing really of any substance comes down the pike........there are some very misinformed people or the "plan" changes so often that nobody really knows what is going to happen...when.

-HH-Quazi
04-13-2005, 02:38 PM
It's mainly all the new users that are biatching and whining about PF and the patch. New users is what this genre of gaming really needs. And I hate that their first experience with Oleg & Company has left a bad taste in their mouths. They don't seem to care what the m8's that have been here for years tells them and try to make them understand how he supports his work and releases patches. I guess some do. But the majority are whiny and unreasonable. Even so, this is the best sim they will ever own for this era of WWII. They just don't want to give that any weight. Most of them seem to enjoy the thought that someone owes them something. And in reality, they are probably right to an extent because of what the box advertised. Imo, they are complaining to the wrong enity. Ubi Soft released it, bottom line.

For the majority of us that have been around for the past couple years, we know that Oleg will take care of it. As far as I am concerned, and this is just my personal feelings, if another patch is never released for PF, I am quite satisfied with what I have and the $$$ I have paid to use it. That's right, I said to "use" it. We do not own none of it. That was a hard one for me to swallow to start with. I thought, "You mean I have spent $130 for a lifetime rental of all of the IL-2 series releases?" And the short answer is, "Yes!" But after a little educating from Steve-V, I understand.

Anyway, the patch will be released when it is ready. Wether it is tomorrow or a week before BoB is released. And believe it or not, that is a good thing. Regardless, when it is released, the same bunch that is whining they are owed something, will be complaining that their favorite plane is porked. It's funny in a way once you think about it. But I know it has to be a pain in patoot the for the mods. It wouldn't do for me to have the responsibility of a moderator. I have no patience for the lot of them that whine and complain. Ubi-Razz would have to ban me for handing out vacations like candy on Halloween night. HEHEHE

-HH- Beebop
04-13-2005, 05:47 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by -HH-Quazi:
...Ubi-Razz would have to ban me for handing out vacations like candy on Halloween night. HEHEHE <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Uh, you might be on to something there. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/59.gif

marcocomparato
04-25-2005, 02:57 PM
I have observed this phenomena in other FPS games that i was a fanatic follower and competitor of.

I think the issue is much more about the 'sequel syndrome' that is begininning to take effect in gaming as ive seen it. ( i used to work for a graphics card company in silicon valley during the TNT2/3DFX days so ive seen alot of it)

simply put, with each new succession of a game, you have senior players who get really good at the game the way it is - and form an identity around being that good. Then when change comes that requires that they start on the same page as others to adjust, they flip out.

Sterf21
05-02-2005, 07:36 AM
What is this moderator blabbin about ??? Just deliver the patch then !

LuckyBoy1
05-02-2005, 07:53 AM
Maybe some of these folks who want the patch so bad should consider maybe, like,.... learning what thay have already?!

Try learning the full mission builder and come up with some coops that haven't been done yet and that's quite a bit of work there.

If you think you know all the game you've already got, you are mistaken. Quit the whining for something that we need right, instead of right now and learn what you've got in your sweaty little palms right now instead!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v303/Luckyboy1/freak.jpg

Sterf21
05-04-2005, 03:59 AM
Quick!!!

CALL NINE WHINE WHINE

Ace_Eloff
05-05-2005, 01:33 PM
I'd just like to say that i've never seen a company more dedicated to their customers than 1C Maddox Games. The fact that they even take the effort to release extra FREE content at their own expense of time and effort after the release of their games is nothing short of spectacular. Anyone who is upset about the lack of updates or slowness of them, should be ashamed. I would recommend that any such people should get a life, and try to realize what spoilt brats they are.

Yog_Shoggoth
05-09-2005, 08:03 PM
If I modded here there would only be 20 some members, and I wouldn't be one of them. Seriously, Name another flight sim that has so many flyables is such good condition. And I'm glad that the patch hasn't come out yet. If it had, with all the planes people have been yapping for, I wouldn't have discovered my two favorite planes (the he162 and i-16). How many of you whiners have flown all of the planes offered for an hour at least? I know I haven't. And even though there are a few planes I'm hankering to fly (Claude, mossie, tempest) I realize that maybe all three of those will never be flyable and you know what, it doesn't bother me all that much. Think about it, there aer more 109 varients in this game as flyable than mosts sims have in there complete stable. We have yak 1-yak 9 when most sims don't even touch them. The only week spot in the sim in my eyes is some of the damage modeling, and that'sneglegable. I bet most of the whiners haven't even flown 7 planes enough to even get the hang of them, and whats more, I doubt theey've even touched halfof the currently available planes.

Enforcer572005
05-11-2005, 05:59 AM
I would BUY an add-on that was the "third CD" and fleshed out PF a bit with some badly needed ships. I agree that there is plenty to do already, and I feel the origional IL-2 was already far superior to any and all combat sims, especially the overated CFS series with the endless bugs and useless misn blders that never work right. I'm amazed at all this free stuff we can even buy from other companies (like MS). However, cfs-2 did have the basic categories of ships covered.

Perhaps 1C could consider marketing an add-on cd like they did with AEP.....possibly with the badly needed ships and the stuff that didnt make it into the patch that was nearly done, an extra map etc. Maybe pad it with planes from FB that werent in PF for extra appeal.

I believe in making profit, and I want Oleg to make a bundle, to encourage the growth of the best sim maker out there. I know I would buy anything military they come out with, but I would prefer to buy something to help the best sim out there meet its potential. there is no other naval aviation sim that has ever even closely reached its potential (as CFS-2 could have easily done with a few simple bug fixes).
Nothing will come close for years, and I fear that by the time the new engine gets to the point of naval avaition, it will be time to go on to a new generation.

THis is the only chance for a long time to get a fully fleshed out naval aviation sim, and I wouldnt mind shelling out a few dollars to get that.Im grateful for what we have, and can make cmpns for ages with it, but considering what PF is on the verge of achieving, I feel it would be worth the effort/investment. The B-36 was a good bomber, but with a little more investment and effort, the USAF could have had the B-49 flying wing. THats why I hope that such an add-on could be marketed. Ill wait for the patch, but i'd rather buy an add-on that had a bit more.

Enforcer572005
05-11-2005, 06:02 AM
oh great, typo i didnt catch...I meant to say we get free stuff we CANT even buy from other companies.

Tumbleweed63
05-11-2005, 12:27 PM
Couldn't agree more with most of what you guys are saying. SOOOO much to learn on this sim, how could anyone get bored if they're even TRYING to enjoy it?
I hardly ever post here, & seldom fly online, but I've flown flight sims since 1990, pre-ordered the original IL-2, and have every add-on since, except BOE. Two points:

1) At least SIX patches (more if you count combined & stand alone variants) in the past 3+ years. Nobody had to pay dime one for any of them, and almost all included new planes, ground objects, ships, etc. (I'd have happily paid $10 to $25 for EVERY SINGLE ONE of them.) If you're new & weren't aware, consider yourself enlightened now. If not new to this info, can't you spell "track record?" You embarrass yourself by even questioning whether the 1C guys WILL continue to support their product as best they can, despite the lawyers & other snags with Ubi.
If you'll spend your time & effort enjoying what you already have, and just be pleasantly delighted when improvements and upgrades come along, your blood pressure might stay lower. (Although some of us will miss the mental image we have of you: small child down on his back, crying, kicking & screaming "I want my patch! I want my patch!")

2) Old heads, don't jump to quick conclusions about "all the whining newbies." Suspect there's probably just an obnoxious few (and I hope they change their attitudes) among a great throng of very satisfied & excited folks out there. (I'm one example of the long-satisfied people who seldom speaks here.) In fact, some of the "old heads" are at least as bad. New blood is good for this community as more $$ equals more/better stuff down the road. Let's make sure we're encouraging the new guys, and the 1C team, as much as we can.

my 2 cents...

tplynn
06-02-2005, 11:32 AM
I didn't ask for a patch but it was offered. With little or no updates it's understandable why "somepeople" would become upset. I think it is an awesome statement that so many people care about a patch. It should be a point of pride to Oleg that so many people care about what he is doing. Every morning I check to see if the patch is done. It's the first thing I do in the morning, even before coffee! It's become a rotinue, I don't know what I'll do after the patch comes out. Meanwhile I'll just keep loving IL-2 and if Oleg wills it, we'll get somemore awesome patches! Thank you, Oleg!! Semper Fi, VMF-214 MudMarine

P.S. Be careful, I could be lying, I'm a capitalist you know!

CrushingMachine
06-06-2005, 05:46 PM
http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/10.gif

Just wait until school is out and they have too much free time....

http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/784.gif

GvSAP_Dart
06-07-2005, 08:53 PM
To heck with that - I'm 39 years old.

That said:

Is it here yet?
Is it here yet?
Is it here yet?

Bluemax137
06-10-2005, 06:13 PM
Sorry, I stepped in this statement:

"because Oleg goes above and beyond what is expected to support his products "

and, well, I can't resist.
I guess we all should say thank you to Oleg but guys, don't exagerate. Nobody on earth goes "beyond what is expected". Not even Mother Theresa! At the end she's a saint now. Wasn't it what she wanted? See? Not even her has done what she has done for free.
If Oleg supports our game is cause we are his customers. It is his duty and above all his interest to cuddle us as much as he can. Just for example... if he will make us happy, probably, we will get to buy BoB. So, let's say thank you but let's avoid to be ridicolous. I have seen ppl referring to him like he was God on earth or a saint. Come on... He works for a company and all he does is kust what his marketing tells him to do. It doesn't do it cause he's such a good man and he loves us so very much http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif Wake up guys, this is the real world!
Say that: "Good job Oleg"

Max

ashley2005
08-29-2005, 10:57 AM
well what you expect most of this community act like little babys when it comes to patches .."i want the patch where is my patch" youd think the adults of the community would just stfu and wait but nooo they cry on and on about getting there patch ..im 16...do you see me whining about wanting the patch NO...so stfu and wait

jamesdietz
09-12-2005, 01:13 PM
Ok I've got your drift...now where is my...just kidding!

doug.d
10-11-2005, 01:20 AM
To appreciate the level of support from the devs for IL2/PF, you only have to look at Silent Hunter 3, a brilliant game with enormous potential that could have become "IL2 with bubbles"....... but zip, nothing, nada, abandoned in its prime by UBI/the devs. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/51.gif

Mmmm... a business opportunity for Oleg... buy the rights to SH3 and Olegarise it. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif

Maple_Tiger
10-15-2005, 09:50 PM
Agreed lol,

I spend half the time in the Full Mission Builder.
http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/354.gif