PDA

View Full Version : Force Feedback

dse1010
01-16-2005, 01:50 PM
Any one know how you set up the force feed back on a logitech wingman 3d? What do the settings need to be or what do I need to install?

dse1010
01-16-2005, 01:50 PM
Any one know how you set up the force feed back on a logitech wingman 3d? What do the settings need to be or what do I need to install?

FoolTrottel
01-16-2005, 05:10 PM
It should not need any further setup.
Unless you do have FFB now, and want to alter it?

If having no FFB at all:
In IL2/PF got to Hardware Setup, Input, and turn on Force Feedback. Or, edit conf.ini and add/edit under the
[rts_joystick] section FF=1 (maybe it's FF=0 now?)

If wanting to alter it: someone here has made a set of files which will alter the FFB settings, but specially made for the Microsoft FFB stick 2....
Maybe try and search the forums for that one!

Have fun!

Fliegeroffizier
01-16-2005, 07:28 PM
I have Logitech Wingman StrikeForce 3d Stick(and its predecessor). I ONLY use a stick for IL2/FB/PF. I do NOT use the software(profile) that comes with the Stick. Just plug in the stick(USB port) and use the FB/PF in-game joystick calibration/settings...

And as said above, in teh setup simply check teh block for FFB.

By the way, I simply can't Imagine how ANYbody can fly a flight sim(especially This one) withOUT using FFB!!!!! I've occasionally pulled out my power cord in the midst of battle/flight, and it is immediately non-Real, total loss of immersion, totally becomes a "GAME"..NO "Feel" to it, whatsoever. IMHO