PDA

View Full Version : ACB armour and capes feedback

loking1977
01-24-2011, 08:08 AM
Let me first say that I really enjoy ACB. It is a fantastic game. This specific post is with regard to the armor sets and capes. I know many are disappointed with the armor of brutus design but I think it is looks rather cool. It does remind me of the outfit Russell Crowe wore in the beginning scenes in Gladiator. Here is where I think a few modifications could have been made to sway popular opinion in a more positive direction. This might seem simple, but if the metal portions of the armor were gold rather than silver it would have been more impressive. Particularly because the first Romulus scroll Ezio receives shows a design sketch of the armor and it is in gold. I kind of envision it like the vambraces of Altair's armor. Plus this would have given some continuity with the gold trim on Ezio's robe which looks out of place because everything else is silver. In addition, the only other tweak that could have been made was to perhaps put some symbol on the cape of the armor. Perhaps the Rome symbol. Everyone, loves cool looking capes and the plain red doesn't seem to accentuate the overall design of the armor. Remember, in AC2 players had the ability to customize their cape with the Armor of Altair. Since that was not an option with Armor of Brutus it would have been nice to have a Rome symbol or an Assassin's symbol or something to complete it. Most players want to where the best armor with a signature cape. The armor just seems to be one or two steps shy of living up to its full potential.

The Helmshmeid Drachen Armor is gorgeous. Again, though, I still think UBI should have stuck to the original design and made the costume in white and red and not black and red. Also, I love the cape, but put something on it. It doesn't distinguish itself from the the Armor of Brutus cape or the one that you can purchase that goes along with the Wetlands Ebony outfit.

As I said before players love capes. I like the fact that they brought the Medici and Venetians capes back and I was very pleased with the different linings of each cape. They were very unique. I am one who pays attention to detail and they delivered. My only concern was that it seems repetitive to acquire the Auditore cape and the Borgia cape. First, both look very similar with only minor differences, and both served the same function--the alleviation of notoriety. I think the same notoriety should have been applied to the Auditore cape as in AC2; where you become completely notorious. Then you could have made the Borgia cape stand out by permanently getting rid of the players notoriety. I just would have put slightly more thought into the design of the capes, their functions, and how they can be best accentuated.

Lastly, if I am not mistaken, players begged UBI to have the option of removing armor completely and having the capability to select which armor pieces to wear; how little and how much. This still was not an option in the game and I thought that would be something fairly easy to allow players to do. I hope this is done in the next AC game.

Just a few suggestions. Thanks for your time. Again, great game overall.

HiddenBlaDe00
01-24-2011, 08:16 AM
Originally posted by loking1977:
Let me first say that I really enjoy ACB. It is a fantastic game...

...My only concern was that it seems repetitive to acquire the Auditore cape and the Borgia cape... both look very similar with only minor differences, and both served the same function--the alleviation of notoriety. I think the same notoriety should have been applied to the Auditore cape as in AC2; where you become completely notorious. Then you could have made the Borgia cape stand out by permanently getting rid of the players notoriety...

...Lastly, if I am not mistaken, players begged UBI to have the option of removing armor completely and having the capability to select which armor pieces to wear; how little and how much. This still was not an option in the game and I thought that would be something fairly easy to allow players to do. I hope this is done in the next AC game...

I totally agree with this.

Black_Widow9
01-24-2011, 08:37 PM
Hello and welcome to the Forums http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif
Please post your Feedback here-
Assassins Creed: Brotherhood feedback thread. (http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/5251069024/m/4821045298)
Thanks http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

<span class="ev_code_RED">Topic Closed</span>