PDA

View Full Version : HYPERLOBBY GONE BY MONTH'S END!!!???

ytareh
03-07-2010, 10:48 AM
Just read this at AAA ...tell me it aint true !!!Jiri needs to send us details of how we can send him piles of cash asap!

"All the talk about Hyperlobby
Well I have heard many stories and rumors about Hyperlobby and the fact it is going down by the end of the Month, It has been around for ever and the focal meeting point for many people, squardrons, and those who run and host servers for the masses to fly in. A good freind of mine said he had contacted Juri and it was indeed true that there was no support for the program and little interest in keeping it going I know a while ago there was a program called all seeing eye that was a game portal and I guess there is always Gamespy arcade,
Without Hyperlobby where will we go to see who's online and to fill the chat window with talk of everything from women to religion. Where will the trolls troll, what place will be left for those pesky pests to be well pesky.Where will those who spend there days wanting no more than to cause trouble and be a royal pain in the arse find the ip's for all of those they intend to be troublesome to. I tell you it could be the end of an era.
I have never spoken to Juri, and I do not know if he ever visits this site, If indeed he intends to end the Hyperlobby Program I just wanted to send along a Thank You for alot of wonderfull years, and freindships that were had because of this free program that we all have come to consider part of the Game.~S"

ENDQUOTE

Surely the vast majority of IL2 players join online via Hyperlobby...I wouldnt have a clue how to do otherwise.Obviously the UBI online thing in the game is a joke /doesnt work at all...

ytareh
03-07-2010, 10:48 AM
Just read this at AAA ...tell me it aint true !!!Jiri needs to send us details of how we can send him piles of cash asap!

"All the talk about Hyperlobby
Well I have heard many stories and rumors about Hyperlobby and the fact it is going down by the end of the Month, It has been around for ever and the focal meeting point for many people, squardrons, and those who run and host servers for the masses to fly in. A good freind of mine said he had contacted Juri and it was indeed true that there was no support for the program and little interest in keeping it going I know a while ago there was a program called all seeing eye that was a game portal and I guess there is always Gamespy arcade,
Without Hyperlobby where will we go to see who's online and to fill the chat window with talk of everything from women to religion. Where will the trolls troll, what place will be left for those pesky pests to be well pesky.Where will those who spend there days wanting no more than to cause trouble and be a royal pain in the arse find the ip's for all of those they intend to be troublesome to. I tell you it could be the end of an era.
I have never spoken to Juri, and I do not know if he ever visits this site, If indeed he intends to end the Hyperlobby Program I just wanted to send along a Thank You for alot of wonderfull years, and freindships that were had because of this free program that we all have come to consider part of the Game.~S"

ENDQUOTE

Surely the vast majority of IL2 players join online via Hyperlobby...I wouldnt have a clue how to do otherwise.Obviously the UBI online thing in the game is a joke /doesnt work at all...

AndyJWest
03-07-2010, 11:14 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> ...many stories and rumors about Hyperlobby and the fact it is going down by the end of the Month </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

'Fact'? Or 'rumor'?

There are alternatives, but let's have some real evidence first. I'd not take a posting like this, on AAA or anywhere else, as proof of anything.

JG52Uther
03-07-2010, 11:19 AM
If true its a disaster for online il2.

ytareh
03-07-2010, 11:44 AM
You can say that again !!!Surely JIRI could stick up a Paypal account to keep it up and running .Realistically Hyperlobby is worth a LOT to most of us here .Didnt Track IR /Naturalpoint sponsor it once ?

TheGrunch
03-07-2010, 11:45 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by JG52Uther:
If true its a disaster for online il2. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Nothing stopping us from using Xfire instead.

JG52Uther
03-07-2010, 11:48 AM
Can you run online wars through xfire?

TheGrunch
03-07-2010, 11:53 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by JG52Uther:
Can you run online wars through xfire? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Can't imagine that it'd be impossible. Easier than that, though, we ask Jiri to give one of us the account details for the Hyperlobby server at the ISP, and we can then use PayPal to keep it up and running. I bet we could keep it going. Problem is whether we'd be able to keep the hackers out.

danjama
03-07-2010, 12:19 PM
Hmmm.

Erkki_M
03-07-2010, 12:21 PM
Heard this a few days ago the first time... No sources, no proof. And nothing in hyperfighter.sk.

na85
03-07-2010, 12:26 PM
There's nothing hyperlobby can do that xfire or even just direct connecting can't do. Online wars do not require hyperlobby.

hyperlobby used to be good. Now it is just a place where immature people flame each other in the chat.

HL doesn't even work properly, anyways. Incorrect player counts, doesn't draw properly in win7.

ytareh
03-07-2010, 01:19 PM
Oh no I disagree ,it would be SORELY missed .Could even kill IL2 in my opinion.A dead IL2 could make SOW a financially uncertain prospect .

steiner562
03-07-2010, 01:33 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Erkki_M:
Heard this a few days ago the first time... No sources, no proof. And nothing in hyperfighter.sk. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yep heard it too Erriki and I believe the AAA thread was pulled...until we hear otherwise lockin this.