PDA

View Full Version : BattleStrats Interview With RUSE's Cedric Le Dressay

THE_RED_DRAGON
10-14-2010, 01:42 PM
Want to thank Cedric for taking the time to answer some questions we had concerning the title. Below is the Interview where he answers some questions that have been asked by the BattleStrats Community

BattleStrats RUSE Interview (http://www.battlestrats.com/home/_/general-news/interview-with-ruse-developer-r484)

ghosty10
10-14-2010, 02:56 PM
no 2v2 with a friend.....that sucks http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif

Axe99
10-14-2010, 08:18 PM
Aye - the whole rationale for no 2v2 with a friend is a bit silly, given that it's pretty easy to match up with similarly leagued friends in 1v1. So it's alright to boost on 1v1, but the 2v2 leaderboards (which very few people use, because you have to wait 30+ minutes for a game at times) are clean (really clean, in fact).

I'm not too fussed - really enjoying 2v2 custom, but the current setup means that the 2v2 ranked games are almost pointless.

Great to hear Eugen's dedicated to strategy though - most deffo hope their next project also comes to PS3 http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif.

Joppsta
10-14-2010, 10:41 PM
Follow Up: Q: This has been a large talking point in the RUSE Community so I want to
ensure we have a definitive answer for this particular question. It's the
one question we heard most in the community - Are there NO plans to then
change to allow friends to team up with friends and play in ranked
games in the near future? I see the point for wanting to keep cheating to
a minimum, but it's hard to strategize with a complete random player and
therefore it seems as though not many players play 2v2 ranked. What about
a way to start a party with 1 friend on consoles and then join a ranked
game together. That way it does not allow you to select your enemies?

A: For technical reasons, we were unfortunately not able to provide arranged
teams on consoles.

What bull**** reasoning. "Technical reaons" my ***. If CoD Failware 2 can do it, RUSE can do it. I'm sure it ain't that hard to make it so you party up and find games together >_>

"Lazy development" is what i'm tagging this one as.

Q: Is there ANY possibility that consoles could see an update that would increase
the number of players online in a match?

A: I am afraid that chances are low as the effort for adding more units on the battlefield is huge for consoles.

It is not only because of RAM but also because of the limitations of graphical cards on consoles.

Ahhhhhh here's some more bull**** for us all to munch on. C&C3 had a much more complex and graphically detailed game going on than RUSE and frankly i guess more lazy development.

Deton_van_Zan
10-15-2010, 01:19 AM
LOL so the real question is ... are the custom wh0res stayin in custom games . OR THEY GOIN TO GROW SOME BALLS AND PLAY RANK even without your friend... lol this mean im stayin my #1 rank in the 2vs2 rank PS3 leaderboard LOL... sucks for all you crybaby that use not having a chance to play with your friends excuse now...

DW_Khan
10-15-2010, 05:37 AM
Thanks for posting a link to this interview.

Le Dressay's response to 2v2 ranked doesn't make sense. Citing boosters/cheaters as a reason is ok. But the blanket "for technical reasons, we were unfortunately not able to provide arranged teams on consoles." That seems like a cop out. How hard is it to create an open 2person lobby where players choose/invite their teammate. Once two players are set together they both click ready, and that team searches for another team in a ranked matchmaking lobby.
"For technical reasons..." really?!?! Seems like they just didn't want to do the programming.

InfiniteStates
10-15-2010, 10:34 AM
Originally posted by Deton_van_Zan:
... sucks for all you crybaby that use not having a chance to play with your friends excuse now...
Maybe people have better things to do than wait 30 minutes for a 25 minute game? You're only number 1 by virtue of the fact you didn't have the balls to go it alone in 1v1 and played the most in the early days before everyone migrated to unranked 2v2. So please stop blowing your own trumpet over what is essential a product of opportunity over skill. I have little to no doubt in my mind that if ranked 2v2 was heavily populated your position would be threatened by people that could afford to spend more time playing.

Originally posted by DW_Khan:
Thanks for posting a link to this interview.

Le Dressay's response to 2v2 ranked doesn't make sense. Citing boosters/cheaters as a reason is ok. But the blanket "for technical reasons, we were unfortunately not able to provide arranged teams on consoles." That seems like a cop out. How hard is it to create an open 2person lobby where players choose/invite their teammate.
You're right - in terms of coding, it's not very difficult. But "technical reasons" can also mean they don't have the QA resources (or funds) to test the changes. It may have been a design over sight initially, but in terms of a patch it is a huge change.

It's a shame, but from a business point it completely makes sense. Especially in these hard times for game developers and in a niche game like RUSE. I bet it's in any further games they make though...

Painthreshold
10-15-2010, 10:47 AM
Thank you Charlie you just said what we all think.

Btw Joppsta i'm one rank above you on the 360 leaderboard 1v1 that is.

But i do agree that you should be able to play rank with a friend like you do on other games, its a strategy game and playing with someone who doesn't talk is hardly strategy.

Not being able to play with a friend is wrong as many people prefer the gaming experience when they have someone they know and trust on their side

feelthenrj
10-15-2010, 10:59 AM
LOL so the real question is ... are the custom wh0res stayin in custom games . OR THEY GOIN TO GROW SOME BALLS AND PLAY RANK even without your friend... lol this mean im stayin my #1 rank in the 2vs2 rank PS3 leaderboard LOL... sucks for all you crybaby that use not having a chance to play with your friends excuse now...

Seriously...
How old are you?
(before you start flaming me, I DO NOT PLAY UNRANKED 2V2 WITH A FRIEND. just saving you from embarrassing yourself http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif)

Would like the 2v2 patch... ah well I'm having alot of fun in unranked right now.

Joppsta
10-15-2010, 06:08 PM
Originally posted by Painthreshold:
Thank you Charlie you just said what we all think.

Btw Joppsta i'm one rank above you on the 360 leaderboard 1v1 that is.

But i do agree that you should be able to play rank with a friend like you do on other games, its a strategy game and playing with someone who doesn't talk is hardly strategy.

Not being able to play with a friend is wrong as many people prefer the gaming experience when they have someone they know and trust on their side If i bothered to play more ranked 1v1 maybe I'd be higher but generally speaking i play 2s with TG'ers, it's more challenging playing against TG'ers than it is randoms and whenever we go out random bashing generally speaking we get total victories.

The only time I've seen us come close to losing is against one of the top 10 ranked guys in 1v1.. on 2v2. He rushed us with french air (he chose france, no random). I ended up leaving late into the match and expected to come back to a defeat. We won a minor victory with our balls against the wall in our base, my friend was italian and mass spammed bredas and italian heavy tanks. We were facing US and France.

Should've steamrolled us pretty easy on centre of gravity but tried to arty us out.

Anyway, to the point of this thread... this game is just going to die without the 2v2 ranked friend implementation. I'd rather have boosters and friends than no matches at all. Be as well removing 2v2 as an option altogether to be honest.

InfiniteStates
10-15-2010, 07:29 PM
Originally posted by Joppsta:
Anyway, to the point of this thread... this game is just going to die without the 2v2 ranked friend implementation. I'd rather have boosters and friends than no matches at all. Be as well removing 2v2 as an option altogether to be honest.
I don't think it will - people have found their areas of comfort/fun. Lots of people play unranked 2v2, and that's cool. Some people play ranked 1v1 and that's cool.

The quality of the game doesn't hang on ranked 2v2 with a friend. It would be nice, but it's not going to stop me playing because it doesn't happen.

It just makes me look forward to a sequel which will no doubt include it.

Deton_van_Zan
10-15-2010, 10:30 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by BP_Charlie:
[you didn't have the balls to go it alone in 1v1

really ? im 7 rank under you. lol does that mean i dont got the balls???

@feelthenrj
lol my goal is to get more people to play rank games. and people like you start talkin $hit, my
psn is the same as my ubisoft name msg anytime to search 2v2rank.

InfiniteStates
10-16-2010, 10:40 AM
Why don't you just play 1v1 and stop harping on about 2v2? 2v2 ain't gonna happen - get on the 1v1 http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Joppsta
10-16-2010, 11:03 AM
Originally posted by BP_Charlie:
Why don't you just play 1v1 and stop harping on about 2v2? 2v2 ain't gonna happen - get on the 1v1 http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif Deton needs his bum buddy to help him beat people or something, i don't know.

And before his ego trip comes on over to argue with me, I'm on 360 bro.. and i've played people that have easily got more talent than you in this game..

Painthreshold
10-16-2010, 11:48 AM
Woah Woah Woah guys you will hurt his feelings, i mean its not like he runs his mouth off about beating everyone and being the best all the time.

Deton is a valuable member of the community who gives tactical advice to people and does not abuse people who prefer to play custom games.

Oh no wait.......

Axe99
10-16-2010, 04:01 PM
Easy lads, no need to turn this thread all nasty http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif.

I think, long term, custom 2v2s is where this game is going to be. I had to wait 20 mins for a ranked 1v1 the other day, and I'm not going to do that on a regular basis. And waiting for a ranked 2v2 is like waiting for humanity to take effective action on global warming.

That, and custom 2v2s (with friends) are the most fun http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif.

Deton_van_Zan
10-16-2010, 05:14 PM
LOL u guys think your hurting my feeling lol...
and to BP. i got more solo win then you and im rank lower lol. believe me your goin to keep hearin me brag about my rank till someone takes it away which i dont care, or more people play 2v2 rank. dont hate lol

InfiniteStates
10-16-2010, 07:01 PM
...believe me your goin to keep hearin me brag about my rank till someone takes it away...dont hate lol
You really don't make it easy fella.
Does bragging make you friends round your way?

Joppsta
10-16-2010, 07:44 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Deton_van_Zan:
...believe me your goin to keep hearin me brag about my rank till someone takes it away...dont hate lol
You really don't make it easy fella.
Does bragging make you friends round your way? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Personally I'd punch him in the face if I lived round his way if this was all he talked about.

Using the lame excuse of "getting people to play ranked"

DUDE, barely anybody reads these ****ing forums as is, and most people here already play ranked anyway.. so for the love of god SHUT THE **** UP.

Is it too hard to comprehend that you're rambling about ranked 2v2 is ****ing annoying? Furthermore, why bother playing ranked when you can go rape people on custom anyway? PLUS GET THIS, ranked 1v1 has people playing it. So play 1v1 to prove your individual skill... and custom 2v2 to chill. Oh wait, by the sounds of it you're one of "those guys" that take everything so damn seriously.

I wish i could cross platform rape you online.

Deton_van_Zan
10-16-2010, 08:07 PM
lol make friends?? lol you think i come here to make friends LOL. im herer cause im waitin for 3 other to play a 2v2v rank game...and showing off your lil sonyfan boy the same ****.. only different i gotta write it .. your bragging about your lvl 16 too.. no1 else got that here but you .. you see people sayin anything? bottom line dont hate ...

@joppsta i live in brooklyn i wanna see you do that around here... i dont live in some small town ... NEW YORK CITY. WHERE BROOKLYN AT!! WHERE BROOKLYN AT!! LOL.. kid believe me you dont got the guts to fight.. once you talk about fighting behind a computer tells me alot.. lol thats why you think if this whole forum **** on me goin make me scared. lol. i live in a city where. every year the cops confiscate 500+ guns off the street. believe me you guys wont survive out here long .. thinkin about your first amendments...and i dont play solo??? r u stupid???? u dont see the post on top .. if states is rank 6 and now im 6 rank under him.. that mean im rank 12.. not lvl 12 LOL... im lvl 50 in solo and lvl 39 in 2v2... so do me a farvor before you run your mouth. thats how i know you live in some small town.. cause around me .. if some1 brag about what eva.. instead of acttin like you guys and show mad hate.. im goin try get in top of the guy then brag.. LOL you kids are in la la land... move to a city and your see what i mean. and joinin a gamin gang dont sccaary me lol.. around my way if a girl hears you play video games.. do know you will never see here again LOL. bet not like that around your way .. bet your a hero for playing video games.lol finally.. i live in bensonhurst .. in brooklyn go wiki where that is .. and the history of it.. then come back and talk about fighting. lol so do me a farvor and dont get carry away..

Deton_van_Zan
10-16-2010, 08:33 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Axe_99au:
And waiting for a ranked 2v2 is like waiting for humanity to take effective action on global warming.

lol why does people care about that.. this planet will still be here... if there is no ice in the world lol. we gotta worry about the human race. and how the human race has to live beyond the stars . just like this game. dont worry about other people brag.. ITS YOUR RIGHT TOO. you should yourself get your own braggin rights. there only so much to talk about, bragging bring competition lol. worry about yourself. people talk about global warming .. when themself drive cars.. wtf is that about.

Warforger
10-16-2010, 11:54 PM

What bull**** reasoning. "Technical reaons" my ***. If CoD Failware 2 can do it, RUSE can do it. I'm sure it ain't that hard to make it so you party up and find games together >_>

"Lazy development" is what i'm tagging this one as.

I know man, I mean its not like RUSE didn't have the same investment as CoD6, as after all its selling millions and everyone you know has it, so therefore it can afford the cost of the servers and its not like RTS's don't put a much harder strain on consoles and PC's then FPS's.

Seriously dude, most RTS games can barely handle 8 players without lagging terribly, while most FPS's can handle 32 people just fine, this doesn't mean that RTS developers are "lazy"

tangoliber
10-17-2010, 12:13 AM
Not lazy development. This game doesn't have a big enough target audience to warrant a big budget. I think they put a good deal of effort into this game. More than they were required anyway. I would love replay and ranked teams too, but the game doesn't lack for features.

Ranked 2v2s wouldn't get much activity anyway. It is hard enough getting 1v1 randoms...it would take forever to get two teams of 2.

Don't take things so seriously, guys. We all know that saying you would punch someone on the internet is pointless. It's also pointless to say you would "rape" someone in a game that is partially rock, paper scissors. There is a line between bragging/talking a little smack and trash talking like an angry 13 year old. Take notice of that line. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

InfiniteStates
10-17-2010, 03:08 AM
Originally posted by tangoliber:
Not lazy development. This game doesn't have a big enough target audience to warrant a big budget. I think they put a good deal of effort into this game. More than they were required anyway. I would love replay and ranked teams too, but the game doesn't lack for features.

Ranked 2v2s wouldn't get much activity anyway. It is hard enough getting 1v1 randoms...it would take forever to get two teams of 2.
I think the only reason its not in there is because it wasn't in the initial design, and therefore missed the main QA testing. Technically it's not difficult - you just allow creation of a team and invite someone into that team. Very much like the 2 player operation. Then when you launch you look for another team, very much like ranked 1v1 but instead of players it's matching teams. But to try and engineer it into the game at this stage is too big a task for no financial reward in the eyes of the publisher.

You could even chuck away the default system and purely use this, with public and private teams. Then players who don't have friends playing and just want to play solo can get a game with randoms as per normal. It just introduces the extra step of finding a team before finding a game. I guess for the purposes of rank it could take the average rank.

I'm willing to bet it's in any follow up games...

P.S: the developers of RUSE are most definitely not lazy. You can tell the difference between a game made with love and one just churned out for a fast buck.

Joppsta
10-17-2010, 03:56 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by tangoliber:

I think the only reason its not in there is because it wasn't in the initial design, and therefore missed the main QA testing. Technically it's not difficult - you just allow creation of a team and invite someone into that team. Very much like the 2 player operation. Then when you launch you look for another team, very much like ranked 1v1 but instead of players it's matching teams. But to try and engineer it into the game at this stage is too big a task for no financial reward in the eyes of the publisher.

You could even chuck away the default system and purely use this, with public and private teams. Then players who don't have friends playing and just want to play solo can get a game with randoms as per normal. It just introduces the extra step of finding a team before finding a game. I guess for the purposes of rank it could take the average rank.

P.S: the developers of RUSE are most definitely not lazy. You can tell the difference between a game made with love and one just churned out for a fast buck. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>I meant lazy in that area. Although for reasons stated, sure, it makes sense not to but for the love of their game they SHOULD put this in, via a patch.

They should also HEAVILY nerf America. Jacksons+M19s+SuperPershings = ridiculous

Add to that, their air isn't too shabby and you get the idea.

fattoler
10-17-2010, 04:39 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BP_Charlie:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by tangoliber:

P.S: the developers of RUSE are most definitely not lazy. You can tell the difference between a game made with love and one just churned out for a fast buck. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>I meant lazy in that area. Although for reasons stated, sure, it makes sense not to but for the love of their game they SHOULD put this in, via a patch.

They should also HEAVILY nerf America. Jacksons+M19s+SuperPershings = ridiculous

Add to that, their air isn't too shabby and you get the idea. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

And a boost for Britain (And it's commonwealth). Please give us a Tortoise it would be so rad.

Joppsta
10-17-2010, 04:51 PM
Originally posted by fattoler:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Joppsta:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BP_Charlie:

Add to that, their air isn't too shabby and you get the idea. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

And a boost for Britain (And it's commonwealth). Please give us a Tortoise it would be so rad. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>The UK is too expensive, THAT's the problem. Not in the air, on the ground. You pay more for dog**** than America pays for their quality units. Irony being they were mass produced crap (compared to other country's armour)

Axe99
10-17-2010, 05:56 PM
lol why does people care about that.. this planet will still be here... if there is no ice in the world lol. we gotta worry about the human race. and how the human race has to live beyond the stars . just like this game. dont worry about other people brag.. ITS YOUR RIGHT TOO. you should yourself get your own braggin rights. there only so much to talk about, bragging bring competition lol. worry about yourself. people talk about global warming .. when themself drive cars.. wtf is that about.

It's a dash off topic, but if all the ice disappears, it will actually have pretty serious consequences for humanity - something like 40% of the world's drinking water comes from glaciers http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif. (Which are big chunks of ice).

And I don't drive a car http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif.

On topic, I think Eugen did a sensational job with RUSE. It's a far more fully-featured offering than most other games in _any_ genre, and the small niggles we've had with it are dwarfed by balance issues and glitches that have cropped up in games like MW2/MAG/SOCOM/you-name-it. Sure, I'd love 2v2 ranked, but totally understand if they can't squeeze it into this game.

Deton_van_Zan
10-18-2010, 12:07 AM
Axe_99au - And I don't drive a car .

LOL i bet axe sits on a kangaroo pouch LOLLOLOL to travel. LOLOLOL

Deton_van_Zan
10-18-2010, 12:13 AM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by tangoliber:

Don't take things so seriously, guys. We all know that saying you would punch someone on the internet is pointless. It's also pointless to say you would "rape" someone in a game that is partially rock, paper scissors. There is a line between bragging/talking a little smack and trash talking like an angry 13 year old. Take notice of that line. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

sorry tango BP_Charlie & Joppsta, are just mad haters its good your a man that understand what im sayin or tryin to do.. only lil boys cry about men bragging LOL, but its good that im not around a bunch of little kids crying about something they dont got or somewhere their not at.. LOL NACHOLIBRA MY NEW HERO SORRY KW lol

Axe99
10-18-2010, 03:54 PM
LOL i bet axe sits on a kangaroo pouch LOLLOLOL to travel. LOLOLOL

Nah, too bumpy, I ride a Koala http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif. Am I off-topic enough yet?

InfiniteStates
10-18-2010, 04:17 PM
...but for the love of their game they SHOULD put this in, via a patch.
Sadly, love doesn't get publisher shareholders paid, thus many cool things end up on game development cutting room floors.

Deton_van_Zan
10-19-2010, 07:54 AM
YO the devs did hell of a job, i really got no problems with anything but waitin for a game..
its the best RTS of the year on console or even next. no other RTS is as good, other then endwar. real problem is the youth of the world rather play fps or mmo's no one wants to use their heads anymore BIG EXAMPLE. blizzard has a HUGE BASE FAN, alot of my real life buddys play WoW, since i was late in it. i never played WoW with them, so to try to make up for the times, i made them get sc2 with me b4 ruse came out. as soon as i went to ruse, no one msg me about playin sc2 lol since then the last time i played with them, all they did was go back to WoW

DW_Khan
10-19-2010, 08:32 AM
YO the devs did hell of a job, i really got no problems with anything but waitin for a game..
its the best RTS of the year on console or even next. no other RTS is as good, other then endwar. real problem is the youth of the world rather play fps or mmo's no one wants to use their heads anymore BIG EXAMPLE. blizzard has a HUGE BASE FAN, alot of my real life buddys play WoW, since i was late in it. i never played WoW with them, so to try to make up for the times, i made them get sc2 with me b4 ruse came out. as soon as i went to ruse, no one msg me about playin sc2 lol since then the last time i played with them, all they did was go back to WoW

I couldn't agree more with you.
It is a GREAT RTS game, I have no serious complaints.
The real problem is everyone wants to turn their brains off when they play games.
I feel like we are all playing Chess, while the majority are playing checkers... or tag.

"HEADSHOT, you're it" *children running around giggling*

I much prefer strategy games. I hate generic multi-player-based FPS games. Sorry if I offended FPS fans, but i wish more people played rts.

fattoler
10-19-2010, 01:03 PM
Let me just remind you why Ubisoft makes games and why getting the largest possible audience is a good idea in their book:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gsXB3w9juF8

Axe99
10-19-2010, 03:00 PM
Originally posted by DW_Khan:I much prefer strategy games. I hate generic multi-player-based FPS games. Sorry if I offended FPS fans, but i wish more people played rts.

Totally agree on the RTS and strategy games (RUSE is one of the few RTS that actually qualifies as both http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif) - although I enjoy a good FPS as well. Most FPS (even CoD, but it's very much at the low end of the scale) do require some thought to do well - SOCOM, Op Flash, even MAG and MoH require tactical thought about where the rest of your team is*, cover, appropriate weapon choice for the situation and the like. Well, at least if you want to do well http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif.

But I'm deffo strategy first - I've got every RTS (and turn-based strategy) for the PS3 yet, and I'm not about to stop now http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif.

*Entertainingly, a lot of the CoD crew I bumped into who had picked up MoH were clearly struggling this weekend because they couldn't cope with having to think carefully about cover and lines of fire http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif.

THE_RED_DRAGON
10-21-2010, 11:39 AM
The problem with RUSE was not gameplay - gameplay is solid. Not for lack of features although playing with your friend on a ranked game to me makes sense. This is a tactical game that involves strategy. You can't strategize with a random with no mic.

It comes down to marketing - Endwar was released in the midst of GOW, MW, Battlefield etc...terrible release date.

RUSE released a few days before Halo Reach and around the time of Star Craft 2 - HUGE RTS.

People may say well they are different styles of games - for instance Halo fans probably wouldn't effect RUSE sales but plenty of gamers are migrant players like myself. I was enjoying the heck out of RUSE, but I still went over to Halo Reach when it first released. I have found my way back to RUSE but the game has already lost its shot at huge success. I know there were a few delays that pushed it back, and I appreciate not releasing a game before its completely ready. But I almost wish they would have pushed it back even further or picked a better date to release the game.

Also - in my region I never saw any ads for the game which is a real shame. If anyone is to blame I think its the marketing