PDA

View Full Version : Revelations: Armor Removal

AllYouCanBees
10-03-2011, 09:50 AM
In Live at PAX, UbiGabe says we just want to remove armor as a skin. That's not true for me. What does everyone else think?

Blind2Society
10-03-2011, 10:03 AM
If you get a skin that covers up armor, then why do you care? Unless of course you simply want less health to make the game more difficult. In which case I assume you may be able to simply neglect buying armor.

Another issue I see though is not being able to dye the skin, which would irritate me quite a bit. I was annoyed when I covered up my awesomesauce Tuscan Emerald ACII robes and couldn't go back.

Honestly though, if I can dye the skin I'll be fine with it. If not I'll be upset.

Perhaps the more annoying part of this whole issue is that Ubisoft knows that armor ruins the robes. Look at all the opening cinematics. Why don't they load up Ezio with armor in those? Because it looks like crap and they know it.

AllYouCanBees
10-03-2011, 10:11 AM
That's exactly what I wound up doing in AC2 and AC:B. Just didn't buy armor so I'd have less health. I found that some of the armor sets don't look horrible with some of the colors. (My first play through of AC2 I just wound up with leather armor that sort of matched the Tuscan Emerald anyway.)

My concern is that they think we want a skin, and a skin is what they'll give us. The reality is that a skin doesn't give us the flexibility we want - whether it's the ability to change colors or to keep our health low.

PirateRob
10-03-2011, 10:14 AM
id like a skin for no armour but like blind said the ability to still dye the skin

eagleforlife1
10-03-2011, 10:25 AM
I posted this in another topic:

Gabe said that they can't remove armour because it is linked too much to the synchronisation bar, which I don't quite understand. If we decide to remove our armour then just decrease our synch bar. Just like synch is added to it when we equip it surely it can be removed when we unequip it.

LightRey
10-03-2011, 11:17 AM
I really, really don't care about this at all.

eagleforlife1
10-03-2011, 11:35 AM
^ This.

Blind2Society
10-03-2011, 11:36 AM
That's fine. I really didn't either until I just replayed ACII again. I had the Tuscan Emerald robes and they were awesomesauce. Then I bought the leather chest guard and was like "WHOA! why the hell did I do that?".

Calvarok
10-03-2011, 01:03 PM
If the game is too easy by me just naturally progressing and buying armor, then I'll just embrace that. Removing armor won't make it harder.
EDIT:
Hopefully, it will be harder, though.

Jexx21
10-03-2011, 02:14 PM
Originally posted by LightRey:

Same here.

Iskander_Estel
10-03-2011, 02:33 PM
Originally posted by Jexx21:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by LightRey:

Same here. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

And was absolutely necessary to let us all know that you don't care?

That's why read the topic?

Calvarok
10-03-2011, 02:35 PM
Originally posted by Iskander_Estel:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Jexx21:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by LightRey:

That's why read the topic? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Because the topic asked what EVERYONE thinks.

Blind2Society
10-03-2011, 02:38 PM
Originally posted by Calvarok:
^This, normally it would be considered trolling but in this case he's right. And just in case you didn't read the previous posts, I disagree with him. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

Btw, what the F with the quote pyramids? Can no one edit posts before they post them?

LightRey
10-03-2011, 02:38 PM
Originally posted by Iskander_Estel:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Jexx21:

That's why read the topic? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
You do realize that this topic is a repost of a repost of a repost... etc. right?

Iskander_Estel
10-03-2011, 02:47 PM
It's fine you're in all your right to say anithing, i just don't like that attitude, when I don't care, just don't say anything, saying something would mean I care.

Calvarok
10-03-2011, 03:13 PM
Originally posted by Blind2Society:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Calvarok:
^This, normally it would be considered trolling but in this case he's right. And just in case you didn't read the previous posts, I disagree with him. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

Btw, what the F with the quote pyramids? Can no one edit posts before they post them? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Sorry, Blind, I don't care. : P

But seriously, it's not a big deal to me.

Sarari
10-03-2011, 07:07 PM
I think it matters.......to me http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif lol

I'm just not gonna buy armor, but when I do that, I feel like I haven't fully completed the game. The only way I'll buy armor is if they release a skin for Ezio's robes. So that way I can have full sync bar with Ezio's original robes.

Btw, having armor and no armor doesn't affect how difficult the game is. The game has become so easy to the point where I can take on an defeat an army in less than 5 seconds with just boxers and my fists.

Jexx21
10-03-2011, 07:21 PM
Originally posted by Sarari:
I think it matters.......to me http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif lol

I'm just not gonna buy armor, but when I do that, I feel like I haven't fully completed the game. The only way I'll buy armor is if they release a skin for Ezio's robes. So that way I can have full sync bar with Ezio's original robes.

Btw, having armor and no armor doesn't affect how difficult the game is. The game has become so easy to the point where I can take on an defeat an army in less than 5 seconds with just boxers and my fists.

You can kill 20+ guards in 5 seconds? O.o

Sarari
10-03-2011, 07:23 PM
You can kill 20+ guards in 5 seconds? O.o[/QUOTE]
Lol I think you know what I mean http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Sarari
10-03-2011, 07:24 PM
lol how did I F up that quote thing??

naran6142
10-03-2011, 07:53 PM
Originally posted by Sarari:
lol how did I F up that quote thing??

instead of posting again you could just edit ur post to fix it

as for armor, i will be fine with a skin, i like buying all the armor anyways

Animuses
10-03-2011, 07:59 PM
If you have the ability to switch armor/weapons, then why can't you remove armor/weapons?

naran6142
10-03-2011, 08:16 PM
the feature would be nice but its already been said that it wont be in ACR

maybe AC3

phoenix-force411
10-03-2011, 08:33 PM
I don't like the armor too much, because it ruins his fashion. My first play through, I will buy armor, but my second time, no! I want him to look like like his original self! They should not give us any missions in Revelations that would require us to buy an armor piece in a main core mission. I hated that in Brotherhood! I could deal with the AC2 armor, because it was only greaves and the Leather Boots look more awesome! But my point is simply to not have a main core mission where Ezio must buy this certain armor piece to progress the game!

archangel_101
10-04-2011, 04:59 AM
I just want to be able to remove/add any element of armor I want. End. Treat the armor/accessories/cape/whatever as separate elements that can be added or removed whenever we like once we aquire them http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

archangel_101
10-04-2011, 05:03 AM
Originally posted by joshuathao64:
I don't like the armor too much, because it ruins his fashion. My first play through, I will buy armor, but my second time, no! I want him to look like like his original self! They should not give us any missions in Revelations that would require us to buy an armor piece in a main core mission. I hated that in Brotherhood! I could deal with the AC2 armor, because it was only greaves and the Leather Boots look more awesome! But my point is simply to not have a main core mission where Ezio must buy this certain armor piece to progress the game!

And YUP right with you on this one too RRRR it so annoyed me how if I dont buy vambraces at the start of brotherhood, i cant progress! Its like oh sorry Batman no utility belt, no ability to walk or something o_O I'd like a "Do you wish to purchase this at this time? /Yes /No"

Blind2Society
10-04-2011, 05:09 AM
The vambraces and greaves I don't mind, it's the spaulders and chest guard that suck.