PDA

View Full Version : Where did this excuse come from?

Inorganic9_2
06-19-2011, 09:57 AM
Ok, so I've seen people talking all the time about how "Ezio isn't too old because he's half TWCB"

Where exactly did this come from? Right, he's descended from them, I get that. How does that mean he's suddenly some superhuman? Why does this (pretty lame) excuse need to be made, as opposed to just acknowledging the fact that Ezio has been an athlete all his life?

Finally, if TWCB were for some reason so much more super (when we build robots, we tend to build them out of things stronger than us, don't we?), surely that "superness" would be massively watered-down to the point of not existing anymore anyway?

DavisP92
06-19-2011, 03:20 PM
sorry to say but this topic really has no reason, imo. but i’ll just explain it to u, that “excuse” came out because back during those days it was rare for someone to reach that age. well idk if rare is the best term, but compared to today the average life span back then was a lot lower. mainly cuz of the lower tech. advances (medicine, clean water, etc.)

so from the reason that ppl kept complaining about his age and how he’s too old to do all of that stuff, came the legitimate “excuse” that he isn’t really human, no one is saying he’s superhuman. but because he isn’t completely human he has some abilities and etc. that normal ppl (humans) don’t. including the 6th sense, and that wasn’t made with us. In the story it is explained that we were created without it and there was an attempt to pass it down through blood.

Calvarok
06-19-2011, 03:28 PM
Unless the effect of being part TWCB doesn't get dilluted.

Anyways, it would make sense.

Although, I really don't think he's too old, he gets more exercise than any human in real life with all his castle climbing and stuff.

sassinscreed
06-19-2011, 03:43 PM
the real reason that ezio isn't too old to free run is that it would be boring to play assassins creed game controlling ezio who can't free run

DavisP92
06-19-2011, 04:40 PM
Originally posted by sassinscreed:
the real reason that ezio isn't too old to free run is that it would be boring to play assassins creed game controlling ezio who can't free run

lol that is true, but i wonder if they will have his age play a part in the game at all. and what about his sister, how old is she now and is she in the game?

Abeonis
06-19-2011, 04:48 PM
Originally posted by Inorganic9_2:
Ok, so I've seen people talking all the time about how "Ezio isn't too old because he's half TWCB"

Where exactly did this come from? Right, he's descended from them, I get that. How does that mean he's suddenly some superhuman? Why does this (pretty lame) excuse need to be made, as opposed to just acknowledging the fact that Ezio has been an athlete all his life?

Finally, if TWCB were for some reason so much more super (when we build robots, we tend to build them out of things stronger than us, don't we?), surely that "superness" would be massively watered-down to the point of not existing anymore anyway?

The new novel, Assassin's Creed: The Secret Crusade features a 92-year old Altair who, whilst not as active, is said to still be capable of many of the feats he was when he was twenty-five. I think it's safe to say that it's the bloodline at work in their case...

RzaRecta357
06-19-2011, 05:55 PM
Originally posted by Abeonis:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Inorganic9_2:

The new novel, Assassin's Creed: The Secret Crusade features a 92-year old Altair who, whilst not as active, is said to still be capable of many of the feats he was when he was twenty-five. I think it's safe to say that it's the bloodline at work in their case... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

What? That novels released? If it is I bet the scene you mention appears in the next game.

I know the AC2 book had a scene where Ezio burns his families corpses and it was in brotherhood later.

Anyway, I've been saying the blood thing on this forum as a thing I choose to believe, since the AC2 video when Ezio dropped down from a stupid high height without rolling.

It DOES get diluted as Desmond didn't have anything unlocked before he sync'd with Altair.

I mean, they CAN see things with eagle vision. This isn't a gameplay mechanic. It's what Desmond can see. The blue shimmer.

So, that's why I've always said it.

What I'm curious about is there is a REAL connection between Altair, Ezio and Desmond. They have the same face and Ezios dad says use YOU'RE special talent.

As in, Ezio is special and has eagle vision while his father didn't.

Eric_490
06-19-2011, 06:13 PM
A 92 year old woman recently ran in and FINISHED a marathon.

Nuff said.

Gasketfuse
06-20-2011, 03:15 AM
For the record, he is not "half TWCB." Both of his parents are human. An extremely small fraction of his heritage would be TWCB.
Anyways, I agree with the OP, and this has been kind of bugging me. Every time someone mentions Ezio being old, someone else jumps in to say, "Well, he's half-TWCB, that's why he can live to unusual ages and can climb buildings and fall great heights but not die!" but that was just made up by the fans. None of that was stated anywhere in the games. We know that's where Eagle Sense comes from, but that's completely unrelated.

Eric_490
06-20-2011, 03:27 AM
Didnt feel like typing it out again so I just copied my reply from the other unfounded rant thread.

Ezio lives in 1511, has ran, fought, and free ran almost every day of his ENTIRE LIFE, is part THCB, and was in possession of a piece of eden.

A NINETY TWO YEAR OLD woman just ran a marathon and finished it.

Ezio is FIFTY TWO.

There is a hotel in my town owned by an 88 year old man.

He wakes up every morning and RUNS FIVE MILES.

EZIO IS FIFTY TWO.

He is more than capable of performing all off his assassin duties. And besides its a GAME, I would like any of you nay sayers to find one person in this world who can hold onto a fist sized rock on a flat wall, and swing and jump ten feet to another one.

Even in real life, Ezio in top physical condition at 18 years of age wouldn't be able to perform some of the feats of climbing shown in game.

As for the running and fighting hes only 52 freakin years old, hes fine.

Furthermore: In the future of 2012 do you think the assassins are still using hidden blades versus the templars with automatic weapons, kevlar, helicopters, and who knows what?

I think not. As the series has gone on technology has progressed and the assassins have been forced to use better technology to compete with the templars.

As for people saying "Theres not enough stealth" I just played through sequence 2,3,4,5,6, and 7 again in ACB. Almost every mission involved stealth, I just had to use it.

And as for the big set pieces, thats NOT THE WHOLE DAMN GAME! Those are a few epic scenes meant to be one thing, EPIC.

Ezio is what one would call a badass. He kill templars and gets things done so its okay if once in a while he wants to do something epic.

That whole scene with the blockade chain made perfect sense, if some of you had paid attention you would have heard the devs say that it takes place when Ezio is finding the last of Altair's seals.

Its makes perfect sense to have this because its near the end, an epic grand finally and there still was an element of stealth with the lone assassin setting off the chain reaction and running through the chaos.

Its all going to be fun, theres going to be stealth, theres going to be explosions, and theres going to be an awesome story.

And I cant stress enough that there IS STEALTH. There always had been and always will be! There is just more in the game!

in AC1 there were 9 assassinations and that was basically all you did.

In AC2 and onward there is a larger more epic and advanced story. Hes not just going around collecting info and killing someone over and over 9 times. The stealth is still there, is just that there are all kinds of extra plotlines, missions, and cool set pieces built up around it so it seems like there is less.

Pay attention and have fun.

http://cdn1.knowyourmeme.com/i/000/068/894/original/cool-story-bro-house-Cool-Story-Bro.jpg?1283216613

The only reason people didnt live as long was not because people had not evolved or because it was 1500. It was simply lack of medical technology. But if people didnt go to places with the plague or eat rotten food they would be fine! Obviously those arent the only things that would kill you but things like that in general could be avoided.

There are people in Africa who live with sticks, stones, and mud houses. Some of the oldest people ever recorded have been these people.

Its not the people, its the quality of life, and some managed to live long. Its not like Ezio is just some lucky peasant either. Hes an assassin whos part TWCB, was in possession of the apple of eden, is in very good shape, and because its 1511 foods are not Mcdonalds and Burger King. If your lucky or an assassin like Ezio they are fresh fruits and meat.

A friend of mine is a 57 year old retired US Army Major. He can still do one handed pullups, full pullups with his chin going over the bar.

That major is fat and 57. Ezio has been fighting and running and has been in perfect shape almost his entire life and he's only FIFTY TWO!!!!!!!!!

BingChandler
06-20-2011, 04:07 AM
Petruccio had the same blood and he could barely go outside. Maybe its effects are stronger in certain individuals, a la Altaïr and Ezio. Just saying.

Ezio is pretty ancient by 15-16th century standards, there's no denying that. I'm sure his capabilities will not be diminished though, as he is a special individual. He has, after all, been at this a while.

And about that 92 year old woman: she might have run a marathon, but did she wallrun, leap of faith, and then execute sixteen guards in open combat with a totally awesome killstreak? Because otherwise I don't think that counts http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Eric_490
06-20-2011, 04:33 AM
No but shes 92. Thats a 40 year difference.

Think if she was 52, an assassin, and in a make believe video game where people can leap ten feet while holding on to a fist sized outcropping with one hand.

She'd kick your ***.
lol

eagleforlife1
06-20-2011, 07:44 AM
Merlene Ottey is 51 and still sprinting 100m professionally. 52 really isn't that old.

BingChandler
06-20-2011, 08:16 AM
Originally posted by Eric_490:
No but shes 92. Thats a 40 year difference.

Think if she was 52, an assassin, and in a make believe video game where people can leap ten feet while holding on to a fist sized outcropping with one hand.

She'd kick your ***.
lol

Isn't that kind of the whole point? The fact that "Nothing is real, because AC is a video game?"

Ezio could be 300 years old and he'd still be pulling those radical killstreaks. Age is just a number when it comes to imaginary characters.

What I don't understand is why you seem to be posting this everywhere, making the argument that he isn't too old, when you also admit it's all fantasy anyhow. Nobody seems to be saying he's too old anymore; really, it's going to be okay http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Grandpa Ezio will be doing all the old specials, I'm sure. Just hope he doesn't slip and break his hip or something! He might even be able to run a marathon http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

rileypoole1234
06-20-2011, 08:24 AM
Okay guys Ezio is a VIDEO GAME CHARACTER in a VIDEO GAME. Anyone can do anything the Devs want them to in a video game.

Inorganic9_2
06-20-2011, 09:26 AM
I'm not saying he's too old (I'm an advocate for quite the opposite, actually), I'm just saying that fitness coming from being distantly descended from a more intelligent species is a really poor idea.

An example I've posted numerous times is that the grandfather master of my kung fu system was 85 when he died and was still able to put his fist through slabs of marble and teach martial arts. Why? Because he'd been doing it all his life.

Mr_Shade
06-20-2011, 10:03 AM
Can we steer this back into the ongoing thread please?

We already have a thread which is suitable for the subject http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif