PDA

View Full Version : my first patrol at 100% realism

jpr21b
07-17-2005, 01:52 PM
Sent off to patrol grid AM 54 in my type VII.

Sent off into slightly choppy seas. Navigated around northern britain, spotted c2 off coast, 3 torp missed, 2 hit, sunk.

While patrolling AM54, C3 spotted, 2 torp miss.

Empty torp bay, headed back home, ran into large convoy. Destroyer spotted, snuk away to northern england.

Seas calmed down, lone tug boat spotted close in fog. Deck gun manned and tug boat exploded.

Continued back to port, low on fuel.

Made it home successfully.

Needless to say from this experience, it was very very exciting! Without gods eye view of the map and floating external camera, wow this was dramatic!

I severly missed my automatic weapons officer torpedo man, so all i knew how to do was shoot from the hip, and i was very very unsuccessful at it.

I think im going to play like this from now on, except enable to weapons officer automatic torpedo settings http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

TheRealWulfmann
07-17-2005, 02:27 PM
There are a number of settings only available when you are set at 100%. To reduce any thing reduces many about AI and other things.
I went to 100% and miss looking at neat things for screen shots but it is more exciting (or is it torture, LOL) and is the only way to really know how tough it was to be a real Kaleun!!
You will. by trial and error start to fiqure those angles. I just had two patrols in fall of 1940 with 122K. I would have thought that was impossible at 100% but because you are forced to, you get better in ways you can not unless you go 100%
Wulfmann